Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bradley: I considered Adele or Bey before landing on GaGa for ASIB

dit

Featured Posts

RenegAde
2 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

I highly disagree. ASIB was at that level with Gaga. 30 came after ASIB. It would’ve been worse. Please do your absolute best to convince me otherwise that it would’ve been better with Adele or Beyonce. You won’t but please try. Gaga was the underdog for this. She earned and strived for the success she got.
Anything Beyonce acts in is panned. Adele hasn’t acted in anything. Gaga WAS MEANT for it

Except the ASIB we got IS actually body guard / titanic level.  Shallow is arguably just as big of a hit as I will always love you and my heart will go on 

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 8
  • Thanks 3

Lextyr97

A STAR IS BORN WOULDNT HAVE EVEN BEEN LIVE WITHOUT GAGA. WTF IS WRONG WITH SOME PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD. Oh bitch I feel so strongly about this. Adele or Beyonce would have been a turd of a movie oh my god

Edited by Lextyr97
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Cello
12 minutes ago, Bronco said:

It's hard to imagine anyone other than Gaga being in the role or the film as we know it being successful with another choice. 

Like the soundtrack WAS Gaga she wrote & produced on the majority of it. 
The lasting legacy of ASIB is Shallow & Always Remember Us This Way which are all Gaga

11 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

The hilarious thing is that the movie would not have been NEARLY as big as it was if it weren’t for Gaga. 

all you need as proof is the La Vie En Rose scene, Richy Trash, Joanne Stage, her vocals, and the fact that she at least cowrote most of what was there based on what we have from official leaks.

Gaga was meant for this movie and it would have been CRAP without her. Nothing will convince me otherwise. Look at the legal leaks from years ago. A Star is Born was nothing without her. Seriously

obligatory 'ASIB smashed, not Gaga' post :stupidoreo: 

hate from Azerbaijan :traumatica:

she/her
  • LMAO 11

dit

I know Adele is the biggest female artist especially at the time but I dont think it would translate the way it did. It may have performed a little less or a little more than what the film did with Gaga but nothing insanely different. Also the only reason why the ASIB sondtrack did not shift even more copies is Gaga / her teams's refusal to push more singles. Always Remember Us This Way, I'll Never Love Again, Is That Alt-Right? and a Music to My Eyes or something could have all been proper hits as well (maybe not #1 singles but definetly top 10 or top 20 hits) that would have pushed the units for the ASIB soundtrack passed like 20M by now probably. Instead they only focused on Shallow which was a good move for the Oscar but after the Oscar campaign the record still had juice and hype to push more singles from it but they decided no for some odd and bad reason tbh. 

• Like 2

Lextyr97

To shut yall ALL tf up, we are still talking about ASIB because of Gaga. No one else would get this buzz. It’s Gaga. That’s it. She had the talent, the pull, and the songwriting ability. I do NOT give a ****. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Juanlittlem
28 minutes ago, Lextyr97 said:

To shut yall ALL tf up, we are still talking about ASIB because of Gaga. No one else would get this buzz. It’s Gaga. That’s it. She had the talent, the pull, and the songwriting ability. I do NOT give a ****. 

Girl why do you sound so aggressive when no one is trashtalking anyone here

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 6
  • Thanks 1

chun li

Do y'all think adele or beyonce would've written shallow? always remember us this way? or anything close? :icant:

• Thanks 4

UnnamedArtist

I think many people forget that one of the main selling points for the movie was the fact that it was the first big project in which Gaga was completely out of her "weird pop singer" image. Many people went to this movie just to watch Gaga's incredible transformation. It might have worked a little bit with Adele because it would have been her first movie role, but I don't think it would have had THAT much of an impact. And to be honest, if this wasn't Gaga's first major role, it wouldn't have worked so well for her either. 

• Like 3

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

Girl why do you sound so aggressive when no one is trashtalking anyone here

Lmfaoooooooi bitch I’m DEADDDDD. Idk I’m drunk af 

• LMAO 2

Frankenztein

Bradley Cooper choosing Gaga for the role really was like he found a diamond. Gaga is a great vocalist and has had a more extensive background with acting training than 99% of singers. I may be biased as a fan but I believe from the bottom of my heart that ASIB would not have worked as well as it did with anyone else in the role but her. 

Would Bradley have had the same insane level chemistry with any other actress? The chemistry with Gaga feels one in a million. Beyonce's attempts at acting have been mostly flat. Adele may have potential to be a good actor, but the script would have been re-written to fit her. It would have to be a very different movie to suit Adele's strengths. Would she still be English for the movie, would she have to attempt an American accent? If her character stays English, how would that change the story?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

MOT

So Bradley originally was going with Beyonce but it didn't work out, and he considered Adele, and he eventually went ahead with Gaga, and I don't know if he's religious, but if he is I'd guess he falls to his knees and thanks God most nights because that was a spectacularly brilliant decision.

Just to clarify and to remind anyone who's forgotten ..... the movie was a huge hit, critically and at the box office. It got eight Oscar noms, including best picture, best actor, best actress (that would be Gaga) and best supporting actor, and one Oscar win for best original song. That song was called Shallow, it was an enormous worldwide hit and it wasn't written or performed by either Beyonce or Adele. One of the strongest aspects of the movie was the chemistry between the two co-stars, it all but leapt off the screen, and Beyonce and Adele were nowhere to be seen. The chances of Bradley even approaching the same level of success with either Beyonce or Adele would have been very slim.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Ziggy
19 hours ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Idk, it would be a completely different vibe. Beyonce faced different experiences as Gaga because she gained success in a girl group and then went solo and gained even more success. 

I enjoyed Beyonce's performance in Dreamgirls, mostly for her singing, her acting was still just ok. I haven't seen Beyonce act in anything where I was blown way.

Well she did have to bust a$$ in said girl group to go from unknown to industry powerhouses and then I think we forget that era of DC when mostly Beyoncé was getting **** left and right after DC5 fell apart and Michelle moved in. Survivor was a big damage control album. Then when she went solo, people were like eh she’ll be a one hit wonder, she’s still Ms DC3.

i agree it wouldn’t be totally identical to Gaga’s story but it isn’t like beyonce was just anointed to the top of the industry either. She’s been discounted sooo much over the years. I think the movie was to be pretty different anyway and be RnB focused moreso than country folk rock pop, if I remember as well (though I feel like Beyoncé would devour shallow like no one else covering the song has thus far).

idk I see it being workable and I see the initial appeal for Beyoncé though I’m glad Gaga got her shot bc she made it iconic which is HARD these days

Ziggy
16 hours ago, MOT said:

So Bradley originally was going with Beyonce but it didn't work out, and he considered Adele, and he eventually went ahead with Gaga, and I don't know if he's religious, but if he is I'd guess he falls to his knees and thanks God most nights because that was a spectacularly brilliant decision.

Just to clarify and to remind anyone who's forgotten ..... the movie was a huge hit, critically and at the box office. It got eight Oscar noms, including best picture, best actor, best actress (that would be Gaga) and best supporting actor, and one Oscar win for best original song. That song was called Shallow, it was an enormous worldwide hit and it wasn't written or performed by either Beyonce or Adele. One of the strongest aspects of the movie was the chemistry between the two co-stars, it all but leapt off the screen, and Beyonce and Adele were nowhere to be seen. The chances of Bradley even approaching the same level of success with either Beyonce or Adele would have been very slim.

iirc the movie would have looked a bit different with beyonce so I’m not sure what we’d have seen

19 hours ago, RenegAde said:

Except the ASIB we got IS actually body guard / titanic level.  Shallow is arguably just as big of a hit as I will always love you and my heart will go on 

I- idk bout that last part girl lmao it’s a hit but my heart will go on? I will always love you? Both songs are arguably the defining mainstream songs of each singer. Shallow ain’t doing that but it’s an amazing song that people loved.

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

- idk bout that last part girl lmao it’s a hit but my heart will go on? I will always love you? Both songs are arguably the defining mainstream songs of each singer. Shallow ain’t doing that but it’s an amazing song that people loved.

shallow is the most awarded song in history , having all the prestigious awards to prove it. plus I'm not sure about the stats but I know it sold over 10 million units in less than a few years. Shallow is definitely a comparable hit.

• Thanks 1