💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lil Nas X’s “J CHRIST” pacing a top 80 debut on The Hot 100

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 3

Hyoha

Judas wasn't a huge hit back in 2011 because it got labeled as "blasphemous". His team clearly didn't do the homework. This release is such a huge flop even in comparison to that (iirc Judas hit no.9). 

SimonBaetens

If he were white and more stereotypically male people would be eating this up. But yeah the average American prefers Morgan Wallen and Jack Harlow over a queer femme black rap pioneer.

Edited by SimonBaetens
  • Like 16

weed

Visuals not the bling :diane: at least the art exists

HiddenWeirdo

I get that this theme is overdone but why so much hate? I don't get why some of you celebrate that it's probably charting low.. 

I see a pattern... the same happens with Sam Smith every time he releases something :motherofpuppies:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

TheSine

Hopefully the rest of his music comes out okay. 

🖤TheSine🖤
  • Thanks 1

Poltergeist

Tbh not surprised, I loved his debut album, and this song is such a letdown, the only thing I remember about it is the same beat as in Iggy's Sally Walker. The chorus isn't memorable at all.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • Thanks 1

highlikegaga

the way i thought it would race with Ari for no1 and it'd end up at 2...not 80:nooo:

• Like 2

RAMROD
2 hours ago, SimonBaetens said:

If he were white and more stereotypically male people would be eating this up. But yeah the average American prefers Morgan Wallen and Jack Harlow over a queer femme black rap pioneer.

Actually no. It's not about race and gender, but more to his blasphemy, for average folks in America. A white straight man who brave enough to do the same thing will also suffers the same. 
More over, a lot of black community also been hating this release for the same reason, the blasphemy. They already did since Call Me By Your Name, just gets worse now. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Controversiaga

I really wish he would make less mid music :( 

having a mainstream commercial gay black rapper is so important rn but do gays listen to rappers other than Nicki or cardi or Megan for example? He has no “mother” factor that these other female rappers do . And I’m not saying lil nas should only cater to the gays … but is he capturing any straights tho?

at the end of the day , music industry is a business . 

His visuals are always pretty slay, but the music is always boring 

Edited by Controversiaga
Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TortureMeOnReplay
3 hours ago, SimonBaetens said:

2 hours ago, HiddenWeirdo said:

I get that this theme is overdone but why so much hate? I don't get why some of you celebrate that it's probably charting low.. 

I see a pattern... the same happens with Sam Smith every time he releases something :motherofpuppies:

Still quick to point fingers and say it's people just being racist, homophobic, etc. It's still the fact that they're just annoying and their music isn't what they thought it was. Both play antics thinking it'll carry the song into success. Doja Cat isn't white or stereotypically male and she got a #1 even with her antics, not because of it. People are just tired of the dramatics, you can even see it in the decline of the Kardashians. 

I normally thoroughly enjoy Lil Nas X's music, and have listened to everything he put out including Holiday. But it still sounds the same and the "hit em with the high-ey-ey note" bit is annoying. There's nothing of substance and he's making the same music he's been making for the past 6 years. Let it go. 

• Like 1