💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What is your opinion about The Celebration Tour?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Bronco
Just now, Didymus said:

What?

NRM is not a ballad. That was what I said.

It was well received for being a return to club friendly pop by critics. It won an award for best dance song. I literally have no idea what you are on about pretending it is some kind of understated opener, even with its lyrics and spiritual vibe :smh: You can call it an EDM ballad if you insist but that doesn't mean it is not an up tempo high energy pop opener.

I was talking about you saying Erotica & Human Nature got slowed down and than Hung Up was made up-tempo. :flop:

When Erotica & Human Nature both use the studio versions. Human Nature is simply shortened and finished with the 1st verse & chorus of Crazy for You. 
Hung Up begins with the Tokischa remix as an onstage transition before Madonna sings the chorus from the album version. 

Also I didn't say whether or not Nothing Really Matters is an understaed opener, I thought it was magical and I think it's severly underrated by fans who wanted a livelier opener. What I said was that Nothing Really Matters is a ballad set to electronic music. Never denied it was club friendly. There's lots of rock ballads that are massively popular in the clubs, still ballads.  Just like 1000 Doves & Fun Tonight are equally ballads given an electronic backing. Just pointing out that you were stupidly claiming the tour is supposed to be a high energy pop spectacle and Madonna literally opens the show by standing in one spot and not moving anything but her arms without being propelled by a mechanical stage piece. 

Actually I reconsider it. You are right girl. Nothing screams high energy pop spectacular like standing in one spot and getting your arms caught in a hole in your kimono for a "club friendly" track following a spoken word introduction. Totally makes all her high energy openers of the past like breaking out of a cage on the Rebel Heart tour or brandishing a gun at confession on the MDNA tour both backed by 10+ dancers look so low effort and boring.

bionic

It was definitely a slower pace than the previous Madonna shows I went to, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe middle-bottom tier for Madonna tours (I agree with a lot of the criticisms in this thread- but not all)- but a Madonna 'low' is still better than 99% of other popstars' 'bests'.

Madonna is perhaps the only act I've been too where I've really felt the gravity of being in front of such an icon. Beyonce maybe came close but still not there

buy bionic
  • Like 4

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I was talking about you saying Erotica & Human Nature got slowed down and than Hung Up was made up-tempo. :flop:

When Erotica & Human Nature both use the studio versions. Human Nature is simply shortened and finished with the 1st verse & chorus of Crazy for You. 
Hung Up begins with the Tokischa remix as an onstage transition before Madonna sings the chorus from the album version. 

Also I didn't say whether or not Nothing Really Matters is an understaed opener, I thought it was magical and I think it's severly underrated by fans who wanted a livelier opener. What I said was that Nothing Really Matters is a ballad set to electronic music. Never denied it was club friendly. There's lots of rock ballads that are massively popular in the clubs, still ballads.  Just like 1000 Doves & Fun Tonight are equally ballads given an electronic backing. Just pointing out that you were stupidly claiming the tour is supposed to be a high energy pop spectacle and Madonna literally opens the show by standing in one spot and not moving anything but her arms without being propelled by a mechanical stage piece. 

Actually I reconsider it. You are right girl. Nothing screams high energy pop spectacular like standing in one spot and getting your arms caught in a hole in your kimono for a "club friendly" track following a spoken word introduction. Totally makes all her high energy openers of the past like breaking out of a cage on the Rebel Heart tour or brandishing a gun at confession on the MDNA tour both backed by 10+ dancers look so low effort and boring.

Ah ok. I just meant that Erotica and HN were slower songs in general lol.

I love the NRM opener, actually :vegas: I agree with you, it is so underrated. It is ballsy and thought provoking.

But I still believe Madonna intended it to be a communal dance moment, very much like LAP at Sticky & Sweet. And I blame the crowd for not knowing what to do but just... stare. Honestly, observing the decline of her crowd energies over the decades as representing how passive crowds are becoming in general has been so depressing...

Anyway, I am honestly happy you are enjoying the show. This is just my irrelevant ass opinion.

• Thanks 1

Ronk
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

Madonna is perhaps the only act I've been too where I've really felt the gravity of being in front of such an icon.

MTE.  I feel like it's a privilege to be in the same room with Madonna.  She has inspired and influenced so many artists, and has helped some along the way.  Britney, for example, calls her a mentor.  I can't see attending a Madonna show as a contractual thing, where you pay your money and expect a show.  To me, it's so much more.

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Bronco
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Honestly, observing the decline of her crowd energies over the decades as representing how passive crowds are becoming in general has been so depressing...

I mean the main issue is a lot of her fans have similar knee issues to her with less money thats why they weren't dancing xD 
And having been to the tour there was a lot of people who weren't big Madonna fans but chose to go because the marketing suggested it was a hits tour. 

And my god were they rude. Straight dude next to me laughed at the picture of Keith Harring because "he looked funny". 

• Sad 1

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

I have seen plenty of her recent shows. This one was way too expensive to watch in person for me but I have seen multiple dates in full online. Not perfect but I can post my opinion, I believe, especially as a lifelong fan who is very aware of her concert history.

You def cannot make this forceful a declaration based solely on fancams. You haven’t even seen the show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

faysalaaa1

I thought her past tours were better, but after rewatching her past 3 tours, Celebration is actually one of her best recent tours! Her previous tours were not that good, but she had insane energy and iconic performances.

The only thing missing on this tour is her energy, which is hard to see your favorite performer not performing like their usual self. But I understand considering her age and health issues, and shes still a good performer.

Frozen, Express Yourself, Material Girl, and Like A Virgin should be on the setlist considering its a Celebration tour. And I wish the whole Drag thing wasnt part of the show, as it cheapens it in my opinion.

Edited by faysalaaa1

faysalaaa1
9 hours ago, Ronk said:

MTE.  I feel like it's a privilege to be in the same room with Madonna.  She has inspired and influenced so many artists, and has helped some along the way.  Britney, for example, calls her a mentor.  I can't see attending a Madonna show as a contractual thing, where you pay your money and expect a show.  To me, it's so much more.

Yeah I usually get seated tickets because I love to watch the whole show. But for this, I got front row tickets just to see Madonna up close. I would almost never do this with any celebrity.

• Love 1

Ronk
1 minute ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Yeah I usually get seated tickets because I love to watch the whole show. But for this, I got front row tickets just to see Madonna up close. I would almost never do this with any celebrity.

I always get front row seated tickets for any artist because I like to video concerts to keep as memories.  For Madame X I had front row in the mezzanine, perfect for taking video with my 30x zoom.  But Madonna locked up my camera, so I got nothing to save.  But the amazing concert is burned into my memory, which was Madonna's intention that people should pay attention to the concert instead of doing their photography.   From the mezzanine I could see that four people in the floor level of the theater had been able to sneak their cameras/phones past security and were taking video of the event.  I wonder if phones and cameras are being locked up for the Celebration Tour.

I live outside the space time continuum.

BlingNotTheMusic

As a long time Madonna fan, the videos posted online definitely made me sad. You can really tell she's over it and not happy (at least that's the vibe she portrays) 

I wish she would switch to choreo that she felt more comfortable doing or something easier for her. Like cirque du Soleil or something slower pace but beautiful.

People are ripping her to shreds in the comments on videos and tbh, it's sad to see. 

Didymus
1 hour ago, monstertoronto said:

You def cannot make this forceful a declaration based solely on fancams. You haven’t even seen the show. 

The OP asked everyone their opinion. I gave mine :bear:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

GypsyVida

I saw it two weeks ago and it was fantastic! It was my first time seeing her. I'm glad she did Live To Tell, as that's my favorite Madonna song. The show was touching, celebrating not just Madonna, but the communities that she's been inspired by throughout her life/career (the ballroom community and overall LGBTQ+ community). I enjoyed newer mixes of older songs such as "Nothing Really Matters" and "Ray of Light". "Die Another Day" and "Holiday" were highlights, and the transition from "Holiday" to "Live To Tell" was extremely well done and tear-jerking. There were some songs I thought were missing, if we're talking about a true CELEBRATION of her career. The most disappointing part was her not singing "Music" as the encore even though every setlist site and playlist I saw had it listed as the encore. My show just ended with Celebration/Bit*h I'm Madonna. Overall though, it was a great show and Madonna sounded and looked great!

Edited by GypsyVida
Stream COWBOY CARTER

GypsyVida
48 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I wonder if phones and cameras are being locked up for the Celebration Tour.

They aren't

Stream COWBOY CARTER
  • YAAAS 1

M i K E Y

I went two times and it was amazing. The show really captures her journey from being a young New York party girl losing her friends to AIDS, to being a sexual queen with being judged for it afterwards, to connect family with fame, to forming the iconic pop figure of Madonna. The ending falls a little short but overall this tour is phenomenal 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1