đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What is your opinion about The Celebration Tour?

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

To be honest I had other expectetions.
The scene is nice, but the outfits and the setlist are really bad.
If it's a celebration, the songs should be others, like: Dress You Up/ True Blue/ Who's That Girl? / Get Together etc.
From others tours she had, this one is low. I do appreciate that for a 65 years old, she still can make a full show. 

Edited by Blackout19
Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.
  • LMAO 1

Bronco

I saw videos etc before I went to see it and honestly they don't really do it justice. Not to be one of those people, but the staging was very much set up in a way that just doesn't translate well to fancams etc because they just can't capture the feeling. And some of the staging choices like the fabric video screens add a unique dynamic to the show that I hope to see in other artists' tours moving forward. 
Die Another Day is the big one for this imo - it falls so flat on all the fan cams I've seen of it,but in person the spectacle of it was amazing. 

The show is typical Madonna, it's celebrating herself not her back catalogue. I do think the 'story' threads get lost half-way through but at the same time I also don't know how I'd fix it.

Personally for me it was a great show. As a younger fan it was a great blend of her older eras with the best of her newer material and unlike recent tours like S&S/MDNA/Rebel Heart she didn't edit older cuts to be more modern/force them into remixes that lost the original flavour they all got to speak for themselves as themselves. Plus I got to hear deeper cuts she hadn't done for decades or on the tours I was old enough to go to including my personal faves of Don't Tell Me & Ray of Light. 

Finally, this is controversial based on what I've seen Madonna stan groups saying but I'm glad Frozen got cut & the show ends with Rain instead. It felt like a real love letter to fans in the moment and it's severly underrated. 

• Love 3

Blackout19
16 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I saw videos etc before I went to see it and honestly they don't really do it justice. Not to be one of those people, but the staging was very much set up in a way that just doesn't translate well to fancams etc because they just can't capture the feeling. And some of the staging choices like the fabric video screens add a unique dynamic to the show that I hope to see in other artists' tours moving forward. 
Die Another Day is the big one for this imo - it falls so flat on all the fan cams I've seen of it,but in person the spectacle of it was amazing. 

The show is typical Madonna, it's celebrating herself not her back catalogue. I do think the 'story' threads get lost half-way through but at the same time I also don't know how I'd fix it.

Personally for me it was a great show. As a younger fan it was a great blend of her older eras with the best of her newer material and unlike recent tours like S&S/MDNA/Rebel Heart she didn't edit older cuts to be more modern/force them into remixes that lost the original flavour they all got to speak for themselves as themselves. Plus I got to hear deeper cuts she hadn't done for decades or on the tours I was old enough to go to including my personal faves of Don't Tell Me & Ray of Light. 

Finally, this is controversial based on what I've seen Madonna stan groups saying but I'm glad Frozen got cut & the show ends with Rain instead. It felt like a real love letter to fans in the moment and it's severly underrated. 

I am glad that you like :kara:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

EdX

I saw it live 3 times and I honestly think that it’s one of her absolute best tours - if not the best overall. I have seen very many others share the same thoughts as well.

It’s like all the smaller things that made some of her previous tours amazing were put together in this one incredible tour. I truly can not make up a single criticism - even now, months after seeing my shows.

Edited by EdX
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Didymus

Horrible. She could have played the Girlie Show recording on a screen and never come out on stage and it would be far better.

For a woman who can no longer sing, dance or even walk straight at this point, the whole high concept high energy pop format is annoyingly obsolete for her. I much preferred the MX theater tour approach.

• LMAO 1

Bronco
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

the whole high concept high energy pop format is annoyingly obsolete for her.

That is most definitely not the concept of the show in the slightest. The majority of the show revolves around the opposite of high energy pop. She opens with an edm ballad, excluding the opening segment & the encore the rest of the shows segements are heavily dominated by ballads, slow & sensual RnB & guitar numbers. 

• Thanks 1

Didymus
16 minutes ago, Bronco said:

That is most definitely not the concept of the show in the slightest. The majority of the show revolves around the opposite of high energy pop. She opens with an edm ballad, excluding the opening segment & the encore the rest of the shows segements are heavily dominated by ballads, slow & sensual RnB & guitar numbers. 

You did not just call Nothing Really Matters a ballad :icant: Is that because the crowd is always dead?

The show is clearly meant to be a pop concert spectacular like her other arena tours. Whether she is doing an entirely choreographed routine to a slower Erotica or Human Nature or doing an up tempo Hung Up matters little for what I said: this format no longer allows her to shine.

I get that most of her fans don't care because they just get to see Madanna and that's a good enough reason to spend ridiculous amounts of money but imo we should be able to be at least a little objective and say that she is no longer an impressive performer. Her vocals are TRASH on this tour and her ability to execute choreo severely limited. If you go in to that concert with no context other than that you are about to see a legend you will for sure come out confused and disappointed.

Her cynical insistence to have to "keep up" and prove that she can still compete is just insanely boring to me by now. The MX Tour had a bold concept and story that felt fresh and new and more natural and fitting to what an artist like Madonna could do now that she's seen and done it all. Her brand is to push the boundaries. Right now she's just a "respect 'cause she's still going" nostalgia act. I mean, if people are enjoying it, fine, but I dare say it will tarnish her legacy in the long run.

Edited by Didymus
  • LMAO 1

SimonBaetens

I really liked he first hour, but the second half of the show felt messy. Especially the ending with Bitch I'm Madonna was so weak and almost painful imo. Also the little theatre bits with Bob were so awkward... But I'm very happy to have seen Madonna live! Highlights for me were: Nothing Really Matters, Holiday into Live To Tell, Don't Tell Me, Mother and Father. I liked that the setlist wasn't too obvious choice wise but it does lack some hits.

• Like 1

Bronco
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

You did not just call Nothing Really Matters a ballad :icant: Is that because the crowd is always dead?

The show is clearly meant to be a pop concert spectacular like her other arena tours. Whether she is doing an entirely choreographed routine to a slower Erotica or Human Nature or doing an up tempo Hung Up matters little for what I said: this format no longer allows her to shine.

I get that most of her fans don't care because they just get to see Madanna and that's a good enough reason to spend ridiculous amounts of money but imo we should be able to be at least a little objective and say that she is no longer an impressive performer. Her vocals are TRASH on this tour and her ability to execute choreo severely limited. If you go in to that concert with no context other than that you are about to see a legend you will for sure come out confused and disappointed.

Her cynical insistence to have to "keep up" and prove that she can still compete is just insanely boring to me by now. The MX Tour had a bold concept and story that felt fresh and new and more natural and fitting to what an artist like Madonna could do now that she's seen and done it all. Her brand is to push the boundaries. Right now she's just a "respect 'cause she's still going" nostalgia act. I mean, if people are enjoying it, fine, but I dare say it will tarnish her legacy in the long run.

This reaks of sexism & ageism. Like how dare a 65 yr old woman be on stage. 

Also I explicitly stated it's an EDM Ballad. Because that's what it is. A ballad (Defined as a "slow sentimental or romantic song") set to electronic music. Much of Ray of Light as an album fits this style, because they aren't designed to be dance tracks. Their designed to be emotive & heavily reflective of her new found spirituality at the time. 

When you can't even get basic facts right about a song that is nearly 30 years old. I don't think you should try and claim any understanding of what this concert was supposed to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didymus
37 minutes ago, Bronco said:

This reaks of sexism & ageism. Like how dare a 65 yr old woman be on stage.

Well, I totally didn't see this coming :billie:

I also complimented her last tour but I guess you will just conveniently ignore that. I want Madonna to keep creating shows. I just don't get why she keeps creating ones where she has to do things she quite physically cannot do convincingly anymore.

There is so much she could do theatrically/creatively and she's done this pop show format a gazillion times already and a lot better at that. Time to switch it up, I say.

39 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Also I explicitly stated it's an EDM Ballad. Because that's what it is. A ballad (Defined as a "slow sentimental or romantic song") set to electronic music. Much of Ray of Light as an album fits this style, because they aren't designed to be dance tracks. Their designed to be emotive & heavily reflective of her new found spirituality at the time. 

When you can't even get basic facts right about a song that is nearly 30 years old. I don't think you should try and claim any understanding of what this concert was supposed to be.

Nothing Really Matters is a dance song that people would happily dance to in a club, regardless of its album context. You are making no sense whatsoever. Plenty of songs on ROL were designed to be radio friendly club hits and they were exactly that.

Her crowds have gotten lame but, still, in an ideal world the crowd would be jumping and dancing and cheering all through that song, especially as a concert opener.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

hugo020
7 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, I totally didn't see this coming :billie:

I also complimented her last tour but I guess you will just conveniently ignore that. I want Madonna to keep creating shows. I just don't get why she keeps creating ones where she has to do things she quite physically cannot do convincingly anymore.

There is so much she could do theatrically/creatively and she's done this pop show format a gazillion times already and a lot better at that. Time to switch it up, I say.

Nothing Really Matters is a dance song that people would happily dance to in a club, regardless of its album context. You are making no sense whatsoever. Plenty of songs on ROL were designed to be radio friendly club hits and they were exactly that.

Her crowds have gotten lame but, still, in an ideal world the crowd would be jumping and dancing and cheering all through that song, especially as a concert opener.

Have you seen the CT in person or it’s just from what you saw online?

• Like 1

Didymus
Just now, hugo020 said:

Have you seen the CT in person or it’s just from what you saw online?

I have seen plenty of her recent shows. This one was way too expensive to watch in person for me but I have seen multiple dates in full online. Not perfect but I can post my opinion, I believe, especially as a lifelong fan who is very aware of her concert history.

Bronco
13 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I have seen plenty of her recent shows. This one was way too expensive to watch in person for me but I have seen multiple dates in full online. Not perfect but I can post my opinion, I believe, especially as a lifelong fan who is very aware of her concert history.

A lifelong fan who claims she's sped up or slowed down songs that are using their studio album mixes :ladyhaha:

Didymus
5 minutes ago, Bronco said:

A lifelong fan who claims she's sped up or slowed down songs that are using their studio album mixes :ladyhaha:

What?

NRM is not a ballad. That was what I said.

It was well received for being a return to club friendly pop by critics. It won an award for best dance song. I literally have no idea what you are on about pretending it is some kind of understated opener, even with its lyrics and spiritual vibe :smh: You can call it an EDM ballad if you insist but that doesn't mean it is not an up tempo high energy pop opener.

Ronk

Good for her!  So happy she is able to keep touring. :heart:   I saw the Madame X tour and she slayed and left me wanting to see her next tour.  Cher is 77 and still touring.  I hope Madonna takes care of herself and doesn't do anything on stage that may cause injury.  She is super rich and doesn't need the money from a tour.  Love that she is still out there entertaining her fans.

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Love 1