mlmc1995 454 Posted 19 hours ago Share Posted 19 hours ago Now I know a lot of ppl on here don’t like her ballads but I’ve been relistening to the ASIB soundtrack lately and god, lyrically, emotionally, vocally she’s a great ballad writer. Is That Alright? hit especially hard considering the developments in her personal life atm I guess I’d love an electronic or industrial rock album but I’m also curious to see her take a more gentle approach. And tbh, with her only being 40, there’s time for both and I’m selfish enough to hope for both hehe. Thoughts? Tbh I’m good with whatever she does next as long as it’s quality, and I think it will be - Mayhem seems like a step towards something even better. 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Controversiaga 17,374 Posted 18 hours ago Share Posted 18 hours ago If it sounds like abracadabra instrumental, yes Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga” 4 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cherry Blues 689 Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago (edited) Diva ballads like ARUTW, Is That Alright? and I'll Never Love Again she pretty much did for the film. Like this big emotional moments where she sings whitneyesque. These kind of songs fits her, she shows here her vocal range and sing ability. They are beautiful. Her studio album ballads are different, much more inward - like Speechles, You and I and Blade of Grass. Btw i love Blade of Grass so much. Maybe she is mixing for her next album and it incorparates sounds of MAYHEM, DWAS and more ballads are coming in different manners. Edited 13 hours ago by Cherry Blues Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duella Dvil 12,502 Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago She's ALWAYS been swinging for DWAS. She's wanted her I Will Always Love You/My Heart Will Go On. Look through her music Unreleased- Fooled Me Again, Let Love Down, Wonderful The Fame- Brown Eyes The Fame Monster- Speechless Born This Way- Hair, The Edge of Glory, Yoü and I ARTPOP- Gypsy, Dope, and Brooklyn Nights Til It Happens To You Joanne- Joanne (GWDYTYG PV), Angel Down, Million Reasons, Come To Mama Chromatica- Fun Tonight, 1000 Doves, Stupid Love (Piano/big band version) Mayhem- Vanish Into You, Blade Of Grass, The Beast, LoveDrug These all really are the times in HER catalog where she's swung for that kind of piano Billy Joel-esque music, and I think she will DEFINITELY lean into that more. The whole time in her ENTIRE career she has CONSISTENTLY featured at least 1 dedicated piano section. She's gonna continue to strive for massive crossover hits like Always Remember Us This Way, Shallow and DWAS were only the beginning. Mark my words. www.instagram.com/theduella666 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FfFfFfFF 59,152 Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lucas 31,720 Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago Maybe later why not but for now I need her to go full Disease/Perfect Celebrity/Abracadabra style 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Killa 18,952 Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago I want slow music that isnt a Power ballad. Missing that from her. The piano Guitar acoustic Happy mistake style are getting a bit tired, for now. Ofc if She gives another shallow, Who could refuse. But a slow disease kind of Song could exist. Or a slow Song in the disease world can exist. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RudraCNG 15,511 Posted 6 hours ago Share Posted 6 hours ago No more Million Reasons, that's all I ask. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bling 31,710 Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago I feel like 2016 - 2024 was pretty ballad/Adult Contemporary heavy and it would be nice for her to stick with upbeat for a while. But I don't think it will happen Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
loveandpeace 2,452 Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago Hmm, I’d probably stream it regardless, but I wanna dance too and hear her scream 😭 ꕤ。˚⋆ formerly known as Hebi 🦋 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DESTROY UR DISEASE 21,522 Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago sure! but not an alboom full of these please I can smell your sickness I can... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.