❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

CEREMONY | artRATE: the ARTPOP rate

Cruelty

Featured Posts

Poltergeist
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

so underrated! the bridge and outro are one of her best, yes, I said it!!! 

Yessss this, that buildup OH. MY. GOD.

I've been getting messages from my deep waters
  • YAAAS 2

Ophelia
9 minutes ago, Ophelia said:

Sexxx Dreams or Donatella's gotta go, sorry and good bye :interestinga:

^ this one still applies

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

Cruelty

13Manicure.gif

12 MANICURE – average 7.15

The highs: 11 x 4 [ @Shipper @Juliandante @meikokos @leedeegaga]

The lows: 2 x 3 [ @The Fame Monster @Shadow @rinasawachanta]

6com.png

In a nutshell, the first half of ARTPOP is simply about peering behind the aura of ‘Lady Gaga’ and revealing Stefani, a normal twenty-something who clubs & drinks & hooks up & falls in love with Taylor Kinney (I think most of us have achieved the first three of these; 10 points to whoever can achieve number four). ‘MANiCURE’ fits nicely into this section of the tracklisting. It’s a bouncy Fame-lite piece of pop-rock, retooled for ARTPOP & drenched in Doug Aldrich’s screaming guitars. As for the slightly mystifying lyrics, I’ll just let Gaga explain: “this record’s all about getting ready to go out, & you’re manicuring your body & you’re manicuring your spirit, & your mind, & then the chorus hits & it’s all about being really shooken by this person that you run into; & how you need it, you want it, you have to have it. & it’s just sort of a mantra that repeats back and forth, about how you’re gonna get laid tonight”. Amen.

‘MANiCURE’ was my personal favourite when I first heard the album a decade ago. Appreciating the song with a more critical eye, however, I’m not so sure anymore; it’s laden down by clunky first-pass lyrics (“she wan’ be take-care’n of”; “put your hands all over my body parts”), & whilst the track buzzes with a distinctly ‘Gaga’ sense of idiosyncrasy, it feels like a musical retread for her, considering the more adventurous productions found on Born This Way and elsewhere on ARTPOP. But still, it’s intensely fun, & sometimes that’s all you need. It’s worth a listen to the high-as-f*ck mad-as-sh*t demo, too. ‘MANiCURE’ zipped all over the place as the votes came in, finally settling as your 12thfavourite from ARTPOP.

Comments:

Spoiler

@Poltergeist Cute, but missing something, quite bland.

@Lukasson My favourite from itunes festival. Sadly the superior version didn’t make it on the album in the end.

@ALittleMonsta men cure many gagadaily cult members this is an anthem for men jerkers

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Amazing, but loved the demo drop. Wish it was included

@Born This Way It’s taken me 10 years to warm up to MANiCURE.

@Onlygaga Love the chorus, but overall the song seems like a filler!

@Ultimecia A track that lost some of its raw quality and depth with its studio version.

@27monster27 A pounding and aggressive pop rock song. Lady Gaga shows that she is unlike other pop stars in that she likes to have a brand and team of people that make her up. Through this, she pleads for help from her addiction to the fame, though she doesn't necessarily denounce it either. The song ends with an unexpected trap and guitar breakdown that sells this as an amazing piece of pop music.

@Julien Lockhart A great song and all of the versions are great

@ImMatt Changing the chorus was a bad idea...Heeeeeaaaal Me was such a great chorus

@Alfonso A rock pop bop

@JazzGa This is what I want from Rock-Ga! Singalong, femme, Debbie Harry/Cyndi Lauper energy

@TwistedTeeth I'll be blunt with this one, it's not my favorite! There are areas of this I do enjoy though, campy-ness definitely oozes off this song and the beat is without a doubt catchy. However, it just doesn't give me the energy that I care for.

@Auralegends This song gets repetitive after a while. Vocals in the bridge are nice.

@Scarlet Bitch ANOTHER SLAY MOMENT

@marrytheminogue She’s a cute little bop

lady-gaga-sea-shell-bikini.gif

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 12
  • Sad 2

RebeldeFaith

Back in 2013-14 I used to work retail and the store I worked at had Fashion! playing on the radio every once in a while. It's what kept me going through the shift. :bradley:

Something something idk
  • Love 3

Hyperobject
Just now, Poltergeist said:

Yessss this, that buildup OH. MY. GOD.

and that long ass note?! I’m still obsessed! 

• Love 1

27monster27
Just now, Cruelty said:

13Manicure.gif

6com.png

In a nutshell, the first half of ARTPOP is simply about peering behind the aura of ‘Lady Gaga’ and revealing Stefani, a normal twenty-something who clubs & drinks & hooks up & falls in love with Taylor Kinney (I think most of us have achieved the first three of these; 10 points to whoever can achieve number four). ‘MANiCURE’ fits nicely into this section of the tracklisting. It’s a bouncy Fame-lite piece of pop-rock, retooled for ARTPOP & drenched in Doug Aldrich’s screaming guitars. As for the slightly mystifying lyrics, I’ll just let Gaga explain: “this record’s all about getting ready to go out, & you’re manicuring your body & you’re manicuring your spirit, & your mind, & then the chorus hits & it’s all about being really shooken by this person that you run into; & how you need it, you want it, you have to have it. & it’s just sort of a mantra that repeats back and forth, about how you’re gonna get laid tonight”. Amen.

‘MANiCURE’ was my personal favourite when I first heard the album a decade ago. Appreciating the song with a more critical eye, however, I’m not so sure anymore; it’s laden down by clunky first-pass lyrics (“she wan’ be take-care’n of”; “put your hands all over my body parts”), & whilst the track buzzes with a distinctly ‘Gaga’ sense of idiosyncrasy, it feels like a musical retread for her, considering the more adventurous productions found on Born This Way and elsewhere on ARTPOP. But still, it’s intensely fun, & sometimes that’s all you need. It’s worth a listen to the high-as-f*ck mad-as-sh*t demo, too. ‘MANiCURE’ zipped all over the place as the votes came in, finally settling as your 12thfavourite from ARTPOP.

Comments:

Hide contents

@Lukasson My favourite from itunes festival. Sadly the superior version didn’t make it on the album in the end.

@ALittleMonsta men cure many gagadaily cult members this is an anthem for men jerkers

@Ultimecia A track that lost some of its raw quality and depth with its studio version.

@27monster27 A pounding and aggressive pop rock song. Lady Gaga shows that she is unlike other pop stars in that she likes to have a brand and team of people that make her up. Through this, she pleads for help from her addiction to the fame, though she doesn't necessarily denounce it either. The song ends with an unexpected trap and guitar breakdown that sells this as an amazing piece of pop music.

@ImMatt Changing the chorus was a bad idea...Heeeeeaaaal Me was such a great chorus

@Alfonso A rock pop bop

@JazzGa This is what I want from Rock-Ga! Singalong, femme, Debbie Harry/Cyndi Lauper energy

@TwistedTeeth I'll be blunt with this one, it's not my favorite! There are areas of this I do enjoy though, campy-ness definitely oozes off this song and the beat is without a doubt catchy. However, it just doesn't give me the energy that I care for.

@Auralegends This song gets repetitive after a while. Vocals in the bridge are nice.

This is criminal wtf.

he/him/his
  • Thanks 7

Hyperobject
Just now, Cruelty said:

13Manicure.gif

6com.png

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@Alfonso A rock pop bop

what is going on, y’all… 

• Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Cruelty said:

13Manicure.gif

6com.png

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@Alfonso A rock pop bop

WHAT

• Thanks 3

KubaM316
2 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

13Manicure.gif

6com.png

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@Alfonso A rock pop bop

I'm not having

• LMAO 6