Die With A Smile Spotify Banner

My BTWB Experience!

drinkmytears

Featured Posts

drinkmytears

So I thought I would create yet another thread to share my BTWB experience! Let me just say that this was probably one of the best shows yet, even though I've only been to one, because of the Born Brave Bus kickoff!

So I got to the venue overnight between Friday and Saturday. I had made friends with some people on Twitter and we planned on all camping out together and bought gifts for Gaga. When I arrived there was already a few people at the venue and they had all become friends so I became friends with them when they woke up!

Basically we spent the few days talking about Gaga, watching them setup the stage, watching them setup the bus, preparing, making parody videos, and hanging out. More fans came and left, and we really did become a family and I sincerely miss all of them and would love to see them again! Ahh I'm gonna tear up!

Well then on Sunday they began setting up the Born Brave Bus and it parked right infront of our tents! You guys should notice that it depicts Gaga as right handed and has a tat on her right...other than that it was just so amazing to be the first fans to ever see it, our little group, and watch them setup the tents. We also met with Madeon's manager, and everyone thought it was hilarious when I asked to use Madeon's trash can (I needed to recycle my drink...)

Then on Sunday night more and more people started to arrive, people who we held spots for arrived, and I didn't sleep at all! We all took shifts and numbered everyone, some fans told us they were going to run to be the first, others told us our numbers didn't count. Overall though everyone was super friendly. At 8 we got wristbands, all of our group was in the top 20!

We waited around the gates for Gaga a bit more, and then we headed over to the bus. Wow. Christine, my friend, and I were the first 2 on the bus and we hungout with Breedlove (we had the same socks on). I signed the bus right next to where Lacee signs it if you guys want to join us. I talked to Lacee and she was so nice, but I'm not going to share what we talked about as it was just chatter, same with Tara, and Fred.

However, I will tell everyone about Fozzi wow he is God that dog is better than any dog I hate my dogs now I only want Fozzi he isn't even real life and he posed for pictures when I asked him to its a human in a dog's body but cuter omg.

Then we talked to Cynthia and she was so sweet, I told her about being bullied and how happy I was that she was doing this foundation with Gaga. She was genuinely concerned, we also talked about her hair colour and Gaga, I said that I didn't want people at the bus to be focused on Gaga, as she was so excited to be starting the BTWF. Then Cynthia told us Gaga would arrive "soon" and Christine and I laughed and told her never to use that word. She got the joke, and confirmed Gaga was making an appearance. We had been told 4-5 times that Gaga would indeed arrive at the launch but we couldn't tell anyone or tweet/post about it. So we knew about it Saturday, but I didn't believe it until...

First everyone cleared and I saw Pete walk through the crowd. Then...ahhh...Gaga came out under a yellow umbrella and was just standing right in front of my face and hugged me! We hugged and I thanked her for starting the BTWF and coming to Tacoma and she was so happy and she was crying! She smelled a lot like weed to. Then she held my hand and Cynthia's hand and we went into a tent together! I wanted to give some other fans a chance to get close, but a few minutes later Gaga, Cynthia, Paul (DJWS), and I were dancing by the DJ booth (for like 10 seconds haha).

I also talked to Starlight for quite a while and then DJWS, and he said that ARTPOP was by far her best album but he couldn't spill any tea. I asked him if he could give us the amount of syllables in a song title and he said 3, no confirmed songs have 3 syllables yet (right? Ratchet, Red Flame, ARTPOP, Burqa, Tea...). Then we had to go lineup for the Monsterpit.

They let us into a heated room for a while and then gave us new wristbands and were beginning to let us in. My group all held hands and we didn't let anyone cut and we all got front and center! Then we just waited, we talked to security, Madeon was actually so good, we couldn't leave for merch as it wasn't open...yeah

Then Gaga! Let me just say how amazing this show is in person, I really doubted it until last night. Amazing. ****s on everything. The crowd looked soldout despite everyone calling the show a "flop" and they were up on their feet all night. You couldn't really turn around in the pit though. Everything was moving so quickly! She changes so fast! During Bloody Mary she sang a few lyrics of Dance In The Dark, and it was amazing to see our paws' shadows on the stage when she asked us to bounce. Amazing energy.

Since it was her first US show in 2 years I brought a huge American flag and during Bad Romance she noticed it! I passed it up to her and she walked around with it, and then gave it back to me after using it to wipe off some sweat. We made lots of eye contact throughout the show and she noticed that instead of taking photos I was doing the choreography and having a great time. I forgot about my sings that lit up and the gifts to give her!

Some fans attempted to throw presents onstage but the dancers came and threw them back at us, I got hit in the head by a tiara. She only took the keyholder (Casey), Christine (his plus 1), some of her personal friends, and the phone call winners backstage. I think her security is a lot tighter now for whatever reason, they even pulled people out of the pit.

During Scheiße I mouthed "I love you" to her and she worked "I love you too alright" into the songs and I died! Then during TEOG I kept thinking "this is my last chance...she won't pick me...whatever I met her earlier...but...no she won't pick me". She began telling her story and I kept thinking that. Then the gates opened up and by then I was dead center as the keyholder had left. She walked up and pointed at me "you". aahakfhafkha I'm so emotional thinking about it. God. I climbed onstage so fast and tried to get my friends onstage but security wasn't having it. I ran to Gaga and hugged her and she said something but I don't know what. I tried explaining to her that my friends and I had camped for 4 days and they needed to come onstage and she was upset we camped that long and took her mic away and kinda jokingly glared haha! Then she brought them onstage! At least that's how I remember it....

I kept playing with her hair. I couldn't believe she was real. I know I had just met her, but not infront of 20,000 people as witnesses. I played with her Versace skirt, her hair, we held hands and walked, it was so surreal to have her attention and have her performing with me and the others. Then we danced to MTN, and the stage was so beautiful and I could see my family in the seats and waved! We went down on the lift and security yelled at me for touching her weave, whatever...

Cynthia and Breedlove were under the stage and Gaga went the other way and we had to hurry. We all assumed we were going backstage, since security ****ing told us we were, but then her security told us we couldn't and were actually really mean considering nobody did anything. I lost some of my stuff because I couldn't go in the pit again. Overall though that isn't important, as we were onstage with Gaga!

I'll post some photos "soon".

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This story doesn't even sound believable, it's just that amazing, holy crap, I'm reallly jealous. My mouth like, dropped halfway through reading :shocked:

alibethpiazza

Aw were you wearing that yellow mickey mouse ensemble? It was awesome! You're so lucky you got to touch her and meet her, I'm happy for you :) You guys were adorable dancing there with her, I wish I could have, too! I was stuck in 8A Row 36... Haha.

Also, kudos to you and your friends for literally 'weathering' the wait for the Pit! Hard work pays off, haha!

lilmonster2424

So amazing!! Congrats <3 Quick question: I saw a pic on lm.com that said "No pics with Haus memebers." is that true? Did they let you take pics with them?

drinkmytears

So amazing!! Congrats <3 Quick question: I saw a pic on lm.com that said "No pics with Haus memebers." is that true? Did they let you take pics with them?

Yes. However I did not ask as I was so excited about the BTWF, but I got some with them anyways when they offered.

J e s s e

"She smelled alot like weed too."

:toofunny:

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

LittIe Monster

Wow.

Unbelievable.

Literally. You've got to be super lucky to achieve all that. Congrats! I would love to see photos and videos of your experience. :)

Then Gaga! Let me just say how amazing this show is in person, I really doubted it until last night. Amazing. ****s on everything. The crowd looked soldout despite everyone calling the show a "flop" and they were up on their feet all night. You couldn't really turn around in the pit though. Everything was moving so quickly! She changes so fast! During Bloody Mary she sang a few lyrics of Dance In The Dark, and it was amazing to see our paws' shadows on the stage when she asked us to bounce. Amazing energy.

:dead:

drinkmytears

Amazing :flutter:

How many people did she pull up for MTN? Was it true that she vomited underneath the stage? :/

Couldn't tell you, we were removed so fast. Christine said that though, have you spoken to her lately? I think 8, and her 2 friends.

Aw were you wearing that yellow mickey mouse ensemble? It was awesome! You're so lucky you got to touch her and meet her, I'm happy for you :) You guys were adorable dancing there with her, I wish I could have, too! I was stuck in 8A Row 36... Haha.

Also, kudos to you and your friends for literally 'weathering' the wait for the Pit! Hard work pays off, haha!

We worked our asses off! It was so stressful. Yes, that was me! Do you have photos by any chance? Did I look stupid at all? Did you have ok seats?

Archived