💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

FIT Director: Gaga is the fashion celebrity of the last 10 years

Mills

Do you agree with the statement about Gaga?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the statement about Gaga?

Featured Posts

*fit_logo.jpg

Valerie Steele, director of The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, in her interview with the illustrious and reputable publication, The New York Times, featured in the article titled "What Will Induce Nostalgia in 2033?" by Teddy Wayne, praised the worldwide pop superstar Lady Gaga and even compared her to one of the most controversial and most successful pop culture / fashion figures of all time, Madonna.

*08-081012-lady-gaga-hair-de.jpg

Nonetheless, certain styles of the aughts have emerged. Whether one shops at Prada or Payless, Ms. Steele said, high-heeled “extreme shoes†(and “extreme sneakers†for men) have replaced the “It bag†of earlier years. And despite heaving into public view only four years ago, “Lady Gaga is the fashion celebrity of the last 10 years, just as Madonna was of the previous 10,†she said.

Here's the full article from The New York Times.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinladen

She's only been here for four years. And already the fashion celebrity of the last 10 years. :nacho:

Pop Art

Er I think she's been the fashion celebrity since 2008, but how could she be it for the last 10 years, before most anybody even knew about her? :sweat: I'd rather say (or hope) she'd be the fashion celebrity for the next 10 years.

Flippy

:gaga:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

prince

Er I think she's been the fashion celebrity since 2008, but how could she be it for the last 10 years, before most anybody even knew about her? :sweat: I'd rather say (or hope) she'd be the fashion celebrity for the next 10 years.

I think it's because when you look back from 2003 to now nothing really stands out massively, nothing stood the test of time. Then Gaga came along and just blew everyone out of the water with her outfits and looks

germagaga

This lol

Still 4 for you Gaga :legend:

When you say something is the best or worst in the last ten years, you count everything that happened in between the start and finish. When he said LG is the fashion celebrity of the last ten years it means no one before her in the last ten years was worthy of such an honor.

Which is basically shade :nacho:

Madonna might have started her music career with fashion in her time. (idk bc i wasn't born at that time :cryga:) But no one followed her step back then. And now Gaga's trying to bring fashion to music scene, again. She has started her music career along with fashion, and then the newcomers just follow her even those who've started their career before her (kt&rih 4example). But they're one step behind her, bc they do that just for publicity, but not for a statement.

idk, that's just my opinion. :blehga:

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

No way Gaga is NOT a fashion Icon,Her outfits are just silly to catch peoples attention! If were talking real fashion Icon its someone like Kate Middleton or Angelina Jolie

Madonna might have started her music career with fashion in her time. (idk bc i wasn't born at that time :cryga:) But no one followed her step back then. And now Gaga's trying to bring fashion to music scene, again. She has started her music career along with fashion, and then the newcomers just follow her even those who've started their career before her (kt&rih 4example). But they're one step behind her, bc they do that just for publicity, but not for a statement.

idk, that's just my opinion. :blehga:

I don't think she's trying to do anything,She is little to no input into her clothes most of it is sent to her or picked for her

Galactic Mess

I don't think she's trying to do anything,She is little to no input into her clothes most of it is sent to her or picked for her

Actually she did participate in the creation of her most famous outfits (meat dress, telephone hair, the egg, the horns, etc.)

Archived