đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

The Sun: Gaga in talks for a new Vegas contract

sara57

Featured Posts

monstertoronto
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

They can make superseding contracts to renegotiate or extend. This most likely would be for new dates beyond what they've already negotiated or a new show for the remaining dates etc

Ok this makes sense. But even if she doesn’t sign a new contract she at least would have to finish the remaining shows she owes. I’m guessing she will want more money to change and build a new show instead of remounting Enigma so that would require a renegotiation.  Weirdly, my only disappointment is that she won’t finish out the original residency and boost its box office gross to exceed $100m and propel her into the list of must successful residencies. With a brand new residency she’ll have to start from zero again. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

After attending the CBT, I would pay big money to see her jazz show.

I loved the pop part of her concert, but when she sat down at her piano and played Shallow, ARUTW, TEoG, Angel Down, etc? I was awe struck. How she captivated 52k people with just a few chords and her voice was astounding. 

Moonlight on Water
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

And we won't be competing for cuties :excited2:

you can keep the men for sure :samanthac: although i will definitely be your wing woman :river:

she/her

Night Vision
1 hour ago, Julien Lockhart said:

How is it possible ? I meant she didn't finish the first one ? She has some date to do so ?? How 

1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Wait, is this a brand new contract or just finishing the existing one with a new show?

1 hour ago, KindnessPunk said:

I though she still had some shows left to fulfill her contract, no? 

She has 20 dates left for the original contract, I believe. Those shows will be Jazz+Piano that she will probably do next year after Joker wraps filming. These talks are probably for an extension of that contract, which she will use to create a new pop show alongside more J+P shows.

GypsyVida
1 hour ago, Julien Lockhart said:

How is it possible ? I meant she didn't finish the first one ? She has some date to do so ?? How 

Perhaps because of COVID they decided to dissolve the contract after the last J&P shows.

Re-hauling the entire show just to do 22 dates (less than that actually since some would be J&P) just doesn't make financial sense. Maybe MGM, Gaga or both parties didn't want to renew the contract so they settled to dissolve it.

I'm not sure why either party wouldn't want to re-sign but there could be tings we don't know about.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Night Vision
4 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Why doesn’t she just bring The Chromatica Ball to Vegas? It’s a perfect show. 

For two reasons, one is that she isn't going to continue a show for an album that came out over two years ago for another 2/3 years, and Vegas shows tend to be greatest hits shows to attract the general public, not shows themed around a specific album, with some exceptions for classic legacy albums that came out many years ago. Besides, it's also really unlikely that the Chromatica Ball stage would fit into the MGM Park Theatre without making huge modifications to the stage.

And also because contractually, Vegas residency shows have to be original new shows that are exclusive to the resort paying for it. MGM isn't going to pay Gaga another $100million deal to bring a show that has already travelled around different parts of the world and been seen by hundreds of thousands of fans :laughga:

Night Vision
1 minute ago, GypsyVida said:

Perhaps because of COVID they decided to dissolve the contract after the last J&P shows.

Re-hauling the entire show just to do 22 dates (less than that actually since some would be J&P) just doesn't make financial sense. Maybe MGM, Gaga or both parties didn't want to renew the contract so they settled to dissolve it.

I'm not sure why either party wouldn't want to re-sign but there could be tings we don't know about.

Jazz+Piano and Enigma were part of the same contract, so she will perform the last 20 J+P shows to complete the contract next year before beginning the extension with a new show (and probably continuing J+P in the new contract). She wouldn't have to resurrect Enigma to fulfil the current contract.

23 minutes ago, leonjay said:

She needs a new creative director and get rid of Richy… I am so tired of every song just being a dance choreo top to bottom… We miss the theatrics and set pieces

the creative direction for Chromatica and the tour was great, idk who this "we" is cus nobody complained about lack of set pieces at TCB

richy can go tho

mother, what must i do?

1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

Yeah but it wasnt her most complex nor had any Versace outfits. What I meant is we shouldn't believe 100% everything they say 'cause then we'll be dissapointed when that doesnt happen.

Exactly this we need to take this one with a grain of salt 

danbekim

I hope she will start a completely new show and not just revamp Enigma. The show was fine, but after 2-3 years it became boring. I wish everyone fun who will be attending it :kara:

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

During the fame monster era I remember asking my uncle if he thought Gaga would be the next Madonna and he said idk but she’ll be over once she starts doing Vegas shows and welp.

GagasEnigma4
3 hours ago, Clayton said:

As long as we get Sine From Above and Plastic Doll in the setlist. :ohwell:

Legit that is what I was thinking!! What if we didnt get them in TCB, because they are gonna be in Vegas?:firega:

GagasEnigma4
3 hours ago, Papergangstuh said:

Where were you all when the Enigma 2.0/revamping article came out a few weeks ago lol

Obviously her residency is getting extended, otherwise they wouldn't bother to revamp and just focus on Jazz + Piano.

Yeah this isn’t new news:selena:

GagasEnigma4
3 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

A residency means a reliable venue, more time to prepare + save for a trip, a more controlled environment allowing for some surprise song variations, elaborate sets we were crying about, lighting design, etc... 

Not sure why so many monsters are against the idea. 

I dont understand either. It is better for Gaga’s mental and physical health! I am here for it!!:vegas:

Archived