Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

the only reason I ain't worried is doing better than HMH

Dojo

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Because HMH is boring :neyde:

Gaga has amazing vocals on it and It sounds fine but still kinda like a cliché song. Cliché of a power ballad, cliché of a soundtrack, cliché of a 80's tune.

It's like Gaga got the remake assignment too well and made the most Top gun thing ever to please all of the movie's fans since the movie release...

But at the end of the day it's not very Gaga like her work on ASIB was both gagaesque and faithful to the movie spirit... That's too bad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
insight
4 hours ago, Sepsami said:

HMH is so good tho what :mark: she sets the stage on fire with it 

yet not the charts

chromaticainmyhead

very this. It fits perfectly for the end though. And I really think that her old image is still doing its thing among many of the viewers of this movie. She really needed a better placement that she'd have a chance against One Republic. I mean it is a male band in a very male-dominated movie mostly watched by older men. That HMH even got to so much exposure is considerable in that case if you ask me

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

TheOriginalOne

I think HMH would be better if it didn’t start like this:

Also, I was not a HMH stan until I heard it live at TCB. It sounds amazing live. 

Leoooo

Well we will see if it will bag her any awards, she put a lot of work into that song regardless of anything and it would be nice to see her get something tangible out of it :) 

RadioIsOurs
8 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Gaga has amazing vocals on it and It sounds fine but still kinda like a cliché song. Cliché of a power ballad, cliché of a soundtrack, cliché of a 80's tune.

It's like Gaga got the remake assignment too well and made the most Top gun thing ever to please all of the movie's fans since the movie release...

But at the end of the day it's not very Gaga like her work on ASIB was both gagaesque and faithful to the movie spirit... That's too bad.

I agree. And even as someone that actually likes the original Top Gun soundtrack, I think HMH still didn't meet the bar, which is rather disappointing coming from Gaga.

ALGAYDO

I half agree half disagree. Most non-Gaga fans will most likely remember IAW more than HMH after the movie, true. But IAW is also very very very catchy. It gets randomly stuck in my head every once in a while lol 

SharkmanthaC
12 hours ago, COOOK said:

I haven't seen the movie but... seems like the gays did Gaga dirty again? :madge:

I bought the movie today. We can have a movie night if people are interested. 

she/her/hers

2School4Cool

Ryan Tedder actually talked about how this song became a hit. As one of the industry’s most successful writers/producers, he’s said that unfortunately for artists, right now is the most difficult time to have a hit because apart from maybe a few artists (he gave examples of Adele, Ed Sheeran, Ariana, etc.) you need to have a viral moment to make a song connect, and often that’s TikTok. He gave the example of About Damn Time by Lizzo, which he felt would be an instant hit but was surprised that it didn’t gain any traction at all until a few weeks later when a girl in her room created a dance to it that went viral.

So he’s spoken about I Ain’t Worried and he’s obviously thrilled the song is a massive hit (I am too as a big OneRepublic fan), but he’s also half jokingly said that the song is a hit because of Miles Teller’s abs. Not only was the song in an iconic scene from one of the biggest movies of all time, but the clip of Miles Teller’s abs during the scene went viral on TikTok, and that exposed a lot more people to the song. I’m confident Ryan would agree with how unfortunate it is that that’s how hits come about these days, but that at least gives some insight into how things work.

See The Best In Everyone

13 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

Ryan Tedder actually talked about how this song became a hit. As one of the industry’s most successful writers/producers, he’s said that unfortunately for artists, right now is the most difficult time to have a hit because apart from maybe a few artists (he gave examples of Adele, Ed Sheeran, Ariana, etc.) you need to have a viral moment to make a song connect, and often that’s TikTok. He gave the example of About Damn Time by Lizzo, which he felt would be an instant hit but was surprised that it didn’t gain any traction at all until a few weeks later when a girl in her room created a dance to it that went viral.

So he’s spoken about I Ain’t Worried and he’s obviously thrilled the song is a massive hit (I am too as a big OneRepublic fan), but he’s also half jokingly said that the song is a hit because of Miles Teller’s abs. Not only was the song in an iconic scene from one of the biggest movies of all time, but the clip of Miles Teller’s abs during the scene went viral on TikTok, and that exposed a lot more people to the song. I’m confident Ryan would agree with how unfortunate it is that that’s how hits come about these days, but that at least gives some insight into how things work.

which again, the abs went viral THANKS to the scene in the movie with the music on it. 

it comes back full circle

Leave the movie out of it for a minute and IAW stands alone as a good pop tune, it has a bright and breezy melody that you're happy to have stuck in your head. Power ballads are a different kettle of fish. You have to stop what you're doing and allow the song to hit you over the head and drag you off to its cave. Get back to the movie though and HMH is nearly an afterthought. Some people stuck around for it, and sone people headed for the exits.

Off topic, I didn't think much of the movie. I know that things like plot and dialogue are secondary in a movie like this, but my God, they were abysmal. Made HOG look like a masterpiece.

Archived