❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

Share your CBT impressions

Bat

Featured Posts

KleinGa
44 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Also for the stans saying Oh this is not Chromatica at all. Well if Gaga who invented Chromatica herself says it’s Chromatica so we’re not supposed to say the opposite  

literally someone on this thread said she forgot what chromatica is about :laughga: how can she forget what its about when she created it and decides what its about :huntyga:

If she said this brutalist design, dark tour is Chromatica then that's what it is. 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, KleinGa said:

literally someone on this thread said she forgot what chromatica is about :laughga: how can she forget what its about when she created it and decides what its about :huntyga:

If she said this brutalist design, dark tour is Chromatica then that's what it is. 

Not you jumping out of the woodwork to spill tea :classy:

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

rinasawachanta

Here are my opinions about Chromatica Ball: the show is excellent. 

I would never have imagined that she would take this artistic-visual direction. And I love it! It's like she's taken note of some things I've thought and posted on this site before (I should look up my previous posts), especially two: 1. that it would suit her just fine to adopt a brutalist aesthetic; 2. that she can totally dispense with choreographing each and every song, and focus more on iconic movements and theatrical mannerisms.

The looks are over the top. I loved them all and I liked that she didn't follow the Enigma-Stupid Love line but went for something more serious, mature. The hair and makeup were FLAWLESS. The visuals looked top notch to me. I was SHAKING during the beginning; the intro visuals looked very Silent Hill to me and a great presentation of the "museum of brutality".

I do think the show would benefit from some slight modifications to the setlist, especially the finale. I think Sine From Above could be added and make an emotional and danceable ending at the same time, refocusing the attention on Chromatica which is still the album of the tour. That's my only observation, and maybe the fact that some "props" could have been added.

But the most important thing is that I think that with this tour Gaga demonstrated again her IMMENSE power and talent, her ability to reinvent herself and to keep her essence. And above all she proved to some little monstrosities that she is still in charge and that their ideas about how the tour should be are absolutely predictable and basic (start with Alice, go to planet Chromatica, use the concept of the "tribes", pink and green aesthetics lmao). Gaga again did something unexpected for everyone and succeeded.

I think she already moved on with the original concept of chromatica (planet, tribes etc), i actually liked the concept of the stage but a little more props would've been better. 

The setlist was... okay but its kinda weird that the opening and ending songs arent from chromatica

She looks really good! The outfit, makeup, her energy , vocals were on point. But just like someone already pointed out on this thread, she barely interacts with the audience. The ending for hold my hand was amazing but i waited to hear something from her but... that's just it

Teal Ambition
10 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Not you making me come back to this site just to support your response :laughga: I see GGD hasn't changed one bit based on people's reactions :triggered:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Sneaky Oliver

I have to say that despite the Richy situation, the choreography improved a lot. Sour Candy and Babylon choreos were top notch :crossed: not that I want to praise someone who allegedly assaulted their peers 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

Seringai

And about brutalism architecture stage - it is about the canvas - people used to draw graffiti in the concrete. She always preaching about how she describes herself as a canvas. 

https://graffitimundo.com/blog/articles/physical-graffiti-the-connection-between-urban-art-and-architecture-in-argentina/

https://ogs.cdm.depaul.edu/2020/03/02/brutalism-research/

Just to remind all of you again, we stan a very very intelegent artist. 

TheOriginalOne

I have only seen pictures of the stage so far. I love it! Looks like Gaga’s about to read out the names of the tributes for the Hunger Games. Can’t wait to see it live! :excited:

Dojo

the intro aesthetic is so beautiful :bradley:

call me basic if y'all want but i live for darkga

Bloody hooker

From someone who watch through livestreams, and have no money to go to the show, here is my first impression.

Positives:

- The interludes are her best since TMB

- I love the brutalist style and pure 90’s aesthetic :legend:

- Vocals are amazing as always

- The outfits were mostly good. Some seemed off considering the theme of Chromatica, but they may have been reminiscent of TMB 1.0

Negatives:

- The setlist is jumbled as hell. Bad Romance as the opener and Hold My Hand as the encore/closer is kind of weird

- The stage is simplistic due to the brutalist style, which is fine, but seemed too simple

- Not really a negative, but I think this is the first time that Gaga didn’t utilize her catwalks for herself

Now I’m wondering what she had planned originally in 2020.

I want to add that even though Gaga took us to Babylon, I think that the stage is set in the South Bend of the Capital.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

sillynate

I think it’s odd that she opened with Bad Romance instead of a chromatica song but other than that everything seems great 

for reference: 

Spoiler

Fame Ball: Paparazzi 

Monster Ball: Dance in the Dark 

BTW Ball: Highway Unicorn 

artRAVE: ARTPOP 

edit: C2C Tour: Anything Goes :vegas:

Joanne Tour: Diamond Heart 

Chromatica Ball: Bad Romance???

Magui

From the little videos I'm seeing it's spectacular, the outfits, the way she looks, the vocals, the stage to me it's freaking awesome... I'm just eager for more videos. ( Since I won't be able to see it live 😭)

Ziggy

Honestly, I love that she went brutalist with it. It’s really refreshing to see her go more hard imperial Gaga again. It’s been VERY missing the last few years while she’s been a bit imagery without too much intention imo

shocked no SFA though. Maybe a different date! It would cause moshing lmao

She really gave with the stage presence. Her best in about a decade tbh. She really had full control of what was happening and knew where to extend her energy vs the Dancers. Very Madonna esque in a great way. 

Archived