About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
society

Canadians Leaving Canada Permanently In Record Numbers

Featured Posts

Economy

https://betterdwelling.com/canadians-permanently-leaving-was-unusually-high-for-the-first-quarter/

The number of residents leaving Canada permanently is surging stats Canada reveals with the Provinces of Ontario and British Columbia making up nearly 3/4 of the outflows

While Canada's population continues to grow at an unusually fast neckbreak pace for a developed Country due to very high immigration rates, a trend to whatch for is that emigration is also on the rise (tho in much smaller numbers than immigration)

Perhaps not surprisingly, the 2 Provinces with the highest rate of emigration Ontario and British Columbia are also the Nation's least affordable to live in in terms of extreme housing unaffordability 

Economy
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Why are they leaving? 

Probably extreme unaffordability especially In the Toronto Metro + Goldenhorshe area and Vancouver Metro which combined are well over 1/4 of Canada's population and the prices of rent and homes are insufferable

Many young students that moved here and even got permanent residence with the intention to stay end up leaving cuz they don't think the cost of living is worth it

I also know of at least 3 different immigrant families in the last 2 years that were here for a while from poorer Countries that when they got older they decided to cash out on their homes that were worth over $1M and have a comfortable retirement back in their Country of Origin. I suspect quite a few older immigrants make up a bulk of this trend.

Edited by Economy
Dojo

just don't come to further gentrify México luvs, try south america

xxmariah carey kiss GIF by RealityTVGIFs

YourEvilTwin

If you are skilled enough to get a job that pays six figures, why would you stay in a place where renting a one bedroom for life is probably the best you can do at that salary?

Good thing this country has a progressive immigration policy, because otherwise the brain drain will be the end of Canada.

If you are smart and hardworking but don't have millionaire parents, don't come. This country doesn't deserve you.

Economy
10 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

If you are skilled enough to get a job that pays six figures, why would you stay in a place where renting a one bedroom for life is probably the best you can do at that salary?

Good thing this country has a progressive immigration policy, because otherwise the brain drain will be the end of Canada.

If you are smart and hardworking but don't have millionaire parents, don't come. This country doesn't deserve you.

If the immigration wasn't so strong housing probably wouldn't be as out of control as it is in the first place so it's a catch 22 😅

Not that fast growing population is the only reason housing is so expensive. We've had fast growing periods in the past such as the 1950s for example when birth rates were so high and it never caused this much strain on housing market cuz there was less red tape slowing down construction so much not to mention homes were the kind of investment comodity they are seen as today which is also pushing up their values

Obobo

I think there’s also the fact that Canada is a pretty ugly country too, with just roads and strip malls. The city are dirty af and a lady just got set on fire on the subway…with subpar job opportunities compared to America. It’s not worth it at all.

At least if you live in California or New York, it’s expensive but you get access to so many top tier opportunities. 

YourEvilTwin
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

If the immigration wasn't so strong housing probably wouldn't be as out of control as it is in the first place so it's a catch 22 😅

Not really, there are a million factors before immigration that led to today's housing situation, but that's for another discussion.

• Like 1
Economy
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Not really, there are a million factors before immigration that led to today's housing situation, but that's for another discussion.

I didn't say there aren't other factors I said it wouldn't have gotten as bad there's a difference. I didn't blame it as the root cause I'm very pro immigration regardless 

But I think it's definitely a big factor. It may not be the root cause, but when u fail to produce adequate supply a fast growing population compounds that problem cuz u need a lot of new units to accomodate

And since a condo in Toronto can take up to 10 years to actually get built a fast growing population with a slow construction approval process is not a good combination.

The other factors at play don't negate this problem created by two opposing forces of a need of new supply and a system that resists it 

My point was with a smaller growing population to not compound the other problems the unaffordability might not have gotten quite so extreme and in turn not as many would be leaving now in the first place

Edited by Economy
Typo
monstertoronto
5 hours ago, Obobo said:

I think there’s also the fact that Canada is a pretty ugly country too, with just roads and strip malls. The city are dirty af and a lady just got set on fire on the subway…with subpar job opportunities compared to America. It’s not worth it at all.

At least if you live in California or New York, it’s expensive but you get access to so many top tier opportunities. 

Are you kidding? You clearly don’t know Canada. Your description doesn’t cover Toronto or Vancouver or so much more of Canada. 

• Like 3
Eido
5 hours ago, Obobo said:

K gurl

• Like 1
PartySick

Making room for me, I see :partysick:

I'd do anything to numb the flame
  • YAAAS 1
LaLa
35 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

To go where? :bear:

My sister moved to Bali, that btch :madge:

Spoiler

I'll be happy when I can visit :glamourpuss:

• YAAAS 1
Economy
11 hours ago, Obobo said:

Ugly????? I have a lot of criticism about stuff Canada has not done right and stuff I'm not happy with but ugly is not how I'd define Canada in general :toofunny:

Unless ur talking Toronto, Hamilton, or Niagara Falls slums. Some parts of Winsor are ugly AF too but those spots don't represent Canadian cities as a whole

My city is literally saturated with green parks and nice new homes with nice green gardens. Not what ur describing at all

5 hours ago, Eido said:

K gurl

5 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Are you kidding? You clearly don’t know Canada. Your description doesn’t cover Toronto or Vancouver or so much more of Canada. 

Tbh