💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Teletubby

Featured Posts

OhHenny2020
1 minute ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I kinda hope she goes through each decade of black dance music on this album. It’ll first be disco and chicago/detroit house, but also techno, garage, jungle and jersey club as well, and of course country. I just can’t wait to see what’s next.

I agree, I’m excited for what’s next! I think this is just an intro and it’s a good one, production is on point, I will say that

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fanta
7 minutes ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

It may not be deep to you, but it means something way more to the black community, especially to the black queer community. This is literally them reclaiming a genre that was taken away and profited by their white counterparts without getting any acknowledgement or credit over these past decades.

So yes, I am being condescending and kinda bitchy about it, because it doesn’t seem like a lot of people on here want to educate themselves on these serious issues.

Now ma'am...are we really about to make this about racial reclamation? Over criticism, comparisons and trolling? You don't have to guilt trip users into forceful submission by using a topic such as race over a song discussion. No one is claiming Gaga (or any white artist) has ownership over the dance/house/disco genre, but that she and Dua made it popular during the pandemic. It literally ends there.

Fanta
3 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

You’ve got an incredibly rude and condescending tone in this thread and I’m not sure why, other than my suspected reason: you’re a Beyoncé stan that can’t stand to read or hear any criticism of her :partysick:

I can only speak for myself here but I grew up in this era of music and listened to all of these artists. I understand the roots of house music and it’s role within black queer communities. There is no research necessary :glamourpuss:

I also see a very sudden pivot by Beyoncé into dance/house music after several artists successfully did this years ago and brought it back to the mainstream.

Just because black artists pioneered the sound doesn’t give Beyoncé ownership over the genre. Having a less than positive opinion of her or her sound doesn’t make someone racist either. And acknowledging Chromatica doesn’t somehow anoint Gaga as the inventor of house music so you can stop using an artist’s whiteness as a means to discredit their own work :iamfair:

Black culture in general being stolen, appropriated and watered down is a very legit and on-going thing, but I just can't stand when people use race to flame-bait others over trivial matters like song preferences and artistic taste. It's extremely alarming and problematic.

3l3ctrar3x
5 minutes ago, OhHenny2020 said:

I agree, I’m excited for what’s next! I think this is just an intro and it’s a good one, production is on point, I will say that

Right??? I really hope the Gaga collab rumor is true. They would absolutely devour a house track together. 

053Timo
3 hours ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

Long time lurker, first time writer.

You should have stayed a lurker…

jeremiahsaint1000

so so so boring

miss the days when she belted and did complex runs. 

i get shes trying to appeal to another audience like drake did, but its so repetitive. 

elijahfan

Gees, came here to enjoy the release and everybody’s fighting :triggered:

Not sure the Gaga comparison is fair: I love Chromatica but let’s not pretend this was the catalyst for a new wave of house music, this has been brewing for a while now. And this song is more authentically house than anything Gaga’s put out. It’s a cool direction for a Beyoncé record.

Fanta
1 minute ago, jeremiahsaint1000 said:

so so so boring

i get shes trying to appeal to another audience like drake did, but its so repetitive. 

Something like That Girl is Mine with Destiny's Child would've been an absolute BANGER and timeless!

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, jeremiahsaint1000 said:

so so so boring

What’s wrong with repetitive? You’re on the cult site of the Po Po Po Poker Face chanteuse :ally:

3l3ctrar3x

aNyWaYs,

Who do y’all think is gonna be on the album besides Gaga? What collabs and producer credits do y’all wanna see?

jeremiahsaint1000
Just now, elijahfan said:

What’s wrong with repetitive? You’re on the cult site of the Po Po Po Poker Face chanteuse :ally:

dont compare one of gagas first hits to beyonces newest song 

artists evolve and gaga has def evolved and is now an oscar winner and sings jazz and released ASIB 

dont excuse the fact that this is trash - i used to be a bey stan, ive seen her live in concert 

that doesnt mean im blind to the fact that this is boring and not as gr8 as her other ****

Archived