💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joker 2 is probably an homage to New York, New York

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

It's a well-known fact that Todd Phillips' Joker was an homage to Martin Scorsese's Taxi Driver.

You know what Martin Scorsese made right after Taxi Driver? New York, New York.

A musical - and not just a musical, but a musical about a toxic romance between a narcissistic, violent man and a meek, lonely woman, starring Robert De Niro and LIZA MINNELLI.

I mean, come on. Can it get more on the nose than that?

EGOT2027

this is intriguing but i still don’t see how tonally this movie could work if there are any more than 3 songs lol

YourEvilTwin
1 minute ago, EGOT2027 said:

this is intriguing but i still don’t see how tonally this movie could work if there are any more than 3 songs lol

I doubt this will be a MUSICAL-musical. Probably a psychological drama with musical numbers.

Todd Phillips could've played if safe with a guaranteed billion dollar sequel but he's taking a risk here, so I'm inclined to believe that he knows what he's doing.

RAMROD

Somebody say New York, New York?!!

fadga-enigma.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Dojo
1 hour ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I mean, come on. Can it get more on the nose than that?

Lady Gaga GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

moonsago

I feel like everybody is being so negative about these possible news and I’m just over here seeing the huge potential for a genius, original, game changing movie. The two movies Gaga did were VERY carefully selected and were brilliant. What happened with House of Gucci had nothing to do with how good the movie and story was but everything to do with some poor editing choices which were most likely made because the final original cut was too long. If Gaga and her team chose to do Joker 2 and is indeed a musical, it must be INSANE. I completely, 100% trust them. Plus I doubt that it’s a musical in the bright and cheesy sense that we all think of musicals to be. We had the same fear with ASIB and it was very mature and well implemented, you didn’t cringe at all at the numbers because of how they were done. I am excited, not to mention how HUGE the exposure would be for her to star in this sequel, this could literally level her acting career up, and she’s already BIG. I always thought that she needs to do a movie like this and a Disney movie too at some point in her career. 

EGOT2027
16 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I feel like everybody is being so negative about these possible news and I’m just over here seeing the huge potential for a genius, original, game changing movie. The two movies Gaga did were VERY carefully selected and were brilliant. What happened with House of Gucci had nothing to do with how good the movie and story was but everything to do with some poor editing choices which were most likely made because the final original cut was too long. If Gaga and her team chose to do Joker 2 and is indeed a musical, it must be INSANE. I completely, 100% trust them. Plus I doubt that it’s a musical in the bright and cheesy sense that we all think of musicals to be. We had the same fear with ASIB and it was very mature and well implemented, you didn’t cringe at all at the numbers because of how they were done. I am excited, not to mention how HUGE the exposure would be for her to star in this sequel, this could literally level her acting career up, and she’s already BIG. I always thought that she needs to do a movie like this and a Disney movie too at some point in her career. 

i’ve seen some goldderby people pointing it out that this is the original director returning to the highest grossing r rated film of all time…if he’s convinced the studio to take a risk like this (on what would usually be a guaranteed huge hit) the idea must be amazing

Killa

I just realized ive never seen New york new york omg what a fail

tbh gaga really knows how to pick things that create hype. This movie Will be the talk of that season, as was house of gucci. 

a musical doesnt mean theyll all song along, maybe one choir number with the action going forward and the background comenting, and one theme song of follia for example. Plus the love theme or contrast one, maybe by gaga and the like an introduction theme

I say max 4 musical moments in your face

Archived