💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is there any chance the rumor is true but she's not playing Harley?

LilyLark

Featured Posts

LilyLark

Edited: IDK I love Gaga and I liked the Joker (despite film twitter hating it)...but I feel like Harley is just a huge mistake (and this film in general). The comic book stans will be up in arms over anyone but Margot playing it, the film critics (who do shape the discourse to a certain extent) will probably be brutal, etc. Not to mention the bizarre twitter threads where comic book stans drag up every problematic thing anyone's ever done and try to get the star "canceled" (they did this to RPatz recently). Also I feel like everyone just overlooks Joaquin was named in that sexual assault case along with Casey...he didn't do anything as bad as Casey, but he was absolutely complicit. 

I really feel like for someone who clearly wants to win an Oscar, this is a bizarre choice by Gaga. She mostly received critical raves for Gucci despite film twitter being out for blood, but with Joker...the critics are already sharpening their knives and while many are professional when it comes to comic book films...that aren't always the most objective. And I do think in this case it won't just be some nastiness on twitter, but it could result in her being slammed in actual reviews.

If she plays a non Harley role, I feel like at least she could avoid some of the backlash. Do you think it's possible?

NATAH

everyone hated heath ledger when he got cast as the joker and look how that turned out :yennefer:

who cares what a bunch of nerds on twitter have to say? just enjoy it for yourself :yennefer:

mother, what must i do?

TheFriend

She stands there waiting for you to bang the gong. To crash the critics saying is it right or is it wrong.

She will be fine henny. :vegas:

LilyLark
Just now, TheFriend said:

She stand there waiting for you to bang the gong. To crash the critics saying is it right or is it wrong.

Just now, TheFriend said:

She stand there waiting for you to bang the gong. To crash the critics saying is it right or is it wrong.

True. I just like following film twitter and I'm going to have to unfollow again. And ugh, the misogyny with some of comic book movie twitter...it's going to be brutal. I've already seen a few of them slamming Gaga's appearance in comparison to Margot.

Archived