💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What do the parents of pop stars think of their sexual work?

Chic

Featured Posts

androiduser

Madonna's documentary Truth or Dare has a scene with Madonna talking to her father over the phone and they are discussing the controversial parts of her Blond Ambition show

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
enissa11
1 hour ago, Malibu Gaga said:

Gaga's father was pissed when she first started gaining fame and refused to speak to her for months. He thought she was out of her mind 

omg really? i thought at that point they were in good terms, they even tell how they would have her name in the plaque of the car to help her be more known as an artist until people started to chase them because of her propelling fame, i thought that he stopped speaking to her for months when he first saw her pop burlesque shows with lady starlight

Mad Architect of Light

Franch Toast

Not sexual stuff per se, but Gwen Stefani claims her mom refused to talk to her for two weeks after she heard Gwen say "fück" at one of the early No Doubt shows, and Gwen has talked about how her parents, her mother in particular, still get upset when she swears in her shows. 

She/Her/Hers

enissa11
11 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Not sexual stuff per se, but Gwen Stefani claims her mom refused to talk to her for two weeks after she heard Gwen say "fück" at one of the early No Doubt shows, and Gwen has talked about how her parents, her mother in particular, still get upset when she swears in her shows. 

if she goes to a gaga concert she'll pass out lol, and the funny thing is that gaga makes pop music and no doubt is supposed to be a rock band

Mad Architect of Light

Shipper
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

imagine Cynthia's reaction hearing "i wanna take a ride on your disco stick" :giggle: or singing about masturbation on an album dedicated to her ex husband's passed sister :laughga:

Wait, wait, hold up.

Ex-husband?????????? When did they get divorced?.

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

enissa11
8 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Wait, wait, hold up.

since 2011 when gaga ruined their lives being a bad kid

Mad Architect of Light

14 hours ago, androiduser said:

Madonna's documentary Truth or Dare has a scene with Madonna talking to her father over the phone and they are discussing the controversial parts of her Blond Ambition show

And they talk about it briefly here too:

24:35

On 2/15/2022 at 2:42 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this all the time. It's not just lyrics, it's outfits and risque videos, even revealing interviews. It's partly why I decided to give up on becoming a famous singer. I don't think I could express myself in a way that wouldn't embarrass me for my family to hear. And I don't just mean my parents, I mean my entire family. I've been one of the youngest for so long and have been raised to take on such an innocent role by them that the idea of singing about adult topics in songs makes me want to break out in hives. I truly don't get how singers do it. They can't all have been raised by freewheeling hippies who took on the cool parent role, right? Especially those who were raised in a religious country with a religious family. I hear songs like WAP and think, don't these people have anyone in their family who they wouldn't want hearing this? Especially the males? Because it's not like they can avoid it if it becomes a big hit and if your creative work is famous, it stands to reason that your family would think it weird if they didn't listen to it, even just once, especially your debut single and album.

I do know that Bebe Rexha's dad came out publicly to say that he hated how his daughter was expressing herself in music and outfits and that it was embarrassing him in his traditional small Albanian community, where he lives. But other than that, they tend to keep quiet. I think some of them flat-out don't listen to it. And let's not forget that plenty of singers are estranged from their parents. But it's like, don't you still have a family? I wouldn't want uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. listening to this. I'd fear even my friends would be embarrassed as who wants to hear about their platonic friend talk about, say, their private parts?

Not everyone is sheltered and weird and has shameful attitudes towards sex

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not everyone is sheltered and weird and has shameful attitudes towards sex

Harry, I don’t think that comment was necessary.

PokeMyFace
On 2/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, Lucas said:

imagine Cynthia's reaction hearing "i wanna take a ride on your disco stick" :giggle: or singing about masturbation on an album dedicated to her ex husband's passed sister :laughga:

Wait, when did Cynthia and Joe split?

TEANUS
On 2/14/2022 at 11:34 PM, Shipper said:

Wait, wait, hold up.

11 minutes ago, PokeMyFace said:

Wait, when did Cynthia and Joe split?

They haven’t, i think people just like to expect and even borderline hope that there’s a huge rift in their family because Joe has different political ideologies than it would appear Cynthia and obvi Gaga have. 

Because you know, that’s the standard these days lol

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

1 hour ago, Chic said:

Harry, I don’t think that comment was necessary.

Maybe you misinterpreted. I didn’t call her weird, I was saying not everyone has that closed mind approach to sex. 

On 2/14/2022 at 1:56 PM, Lucas said:

Wait, did her parents split up? I'm a flop fan :bear:

Don't visit my profile

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived