Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

FKA Twigs explains why she partnered with Atlantic

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

FKA twigs partnered with Atlantic Records in the U.S. (in the U.K., she will continue to release music via the Young label)
"The pandemic, for me, was a time to really think about what I wanted as an artist. When I went into my career in my youth… look, I’m from a small town in England, Gloucester. When I first got signed I was just grateful to be signed — I wanted to please, to fit in. I was happy just to have a seat at the table. It has taken me this long to think about what I would truly like. I’ve had a beautiful career, and haven’t wanted for much. But I wanted to dream big, to make music around people that look like me, think like me and understand my cultural background more. The ambition that I have — to be a girl from a small town in England, to get to New York when I was 20, it all took ambition. Maybe I wanted to experience that on a bigger level. Don’t get me wrong: Young Records [formerly called Young Turks] is incredible, and we’ve had a beautiful journey, but in my heart, it was time for me to move on in certain aspects: Push myself, dream bigger, have more people experience my art."

FKA twigs about collaboration with the Weeknd
"I couldn’t imagine he would say yes. Pablo [Díaz-Reixa, co-writer/producer El Guincho] thought I was being silly and that of course the Weeknd would want to be on it. We got up the confidence to write the text — you know how your friend gasses you up to do something — so I did it, sent him the MP3, and he knocked out the vocals within two weeks. He loved it. That restored a lot of confidence in me, that I can reach out to Abel [the Weeknd] and other artists I might want to work with.
One thing I have learned on this album is that you’re not going to die from asking a question or hearing “no.” If you want something, go and get it."

source

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived