💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favorite Lana Del Rey album cover?

FfFfFfFF

What LDR album had the best cover?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What LDR album had the best cover?

• Lizzy Grant AKA Lana Del Ray
    • Born to Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence (#1 or #2)
    • Honeymoon (#1 or #2)
    • Lust For Life
    • Norman ****ing Rockwell! (#1 or #2)
    • Chemtrails Over The Country Club (#1 or #2)
    • Blue Banisters
    • Sirens

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

1. Lizzy Grant AKA Lana Del Ray

14448936-1620170683474-bee90a1e29d5c.jpg

Not much is known about Lana's first album cover. As it can be seen though, the artwork features Lana Del Rey with bleached hair and a black jacket in front of a yellow wall, however is unknown who is the photographer.

2. Born To Die

E5SYKumWQAMBE7w?format=jpg&name=mediumf2ffcw2a5v4lc_max.jpg\

The album cover of Lana's first official album was shot by Nicole Nodland during the fiming of the Blue Jeans video. The deluxe version of the cover features the same picture except with pink-ish lettering instead of light blue. The cover was critically acclaimed, several critics naming it one of the best pop album covers in recent years and appreciating its simplicity.

3. Paradise

E0CmlI4WQAQKN7t?format=jpg&name=large

The cover art for Paradise was also shot by Nicole Nodland on the set of the Blue Jeans MV. The picture features Del Rey standing in front pool in a white swimsuit, with the composition of the cover being very reminiscent to that of Born to Die, but featuring metallic gold lettering instead of matte colors.

4. Ultraviolence (#1 and #2)

E5c6guaXEAQwg3o?format=jpg&name=mediumac317469d2da4568c5814653e7641d54.jpg?w=7

The artwork for Ultraviolence is the first artowork Lana shot with her future close collaborator Neil Krug. Similarily to Born To Die's cover, it captures Lana's face and torso staying in a relaxed position in front of vintage car. The alternate vinyl artwork was also shot by Neil Krug.

5. Honeymoon (#1 and #2)

1240?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca11gmd6amn8dm61.jpg?width=2000&format=pjpg

Honeymoon's cover art was shot by Lana's sister, Chuck Grant with 120mm/35mm film, while the alternate Urban Outfitters & Universal Store "exclusive" cover was shot by Neil Krug. Adressing the artwork change, Lana explained there was an issue with the initial photoshoot, saying, "The pictures were perfect but something was missing. Maybe it was the need for movement and motion or the search for a single frame that felt extra graphic."

6. Lust for Life

Lana_Del_Rey_Lust_for_Life.jpg

For the Lust For Life cover, Lana was photographed with Kodak Porta 800 film, by her sister Chuck, with styling by Johnny Blueeyes, hair by Anna Cofone, and makeup by Pamela Cochrane. The cover was shot during the filming of Love music video, in front of the same truck in front of which she posed for the cover of Born To Die.

7. Norman ****ing Rockwell! (#1 and #2)

E5c6gucXMAMwt77?format=jpg&name=largeEDPovJxXsAcza6I.jpg:large

The cover for Norman ****ing Rockwell was also shot by Chuck Grant and it features Lana posing with model Duke Nicholson. The two appear to be on a boat, with the American flag and wildfires burning in the background. Neil Krug was supposed to shot the alternate cover, however Lana opted it to take matters into her own hands again.

8. Chemtrails Over The Country Club (#1 and #2)

Alq5x19K4x59sukvCCYrei.jpgjreE5mIZ8qZfrXrB2mLATzSXmbU48sj35Bd2Ux31Bjc.jpg?auto=webp&s=0f81e63dfdc80fc93d59dfd170572d3779c02407

The standard artwork of Chemtrails was shot by Charlie Grant. Even though it was rumored Neil Krug would the photographer of the main cover, when the artwork for the album was revealed, Krug was confirmed to have shot only the alternate HMV exclusive cover.

9. Blue Banisters

E5c6gvOWYAUYkVf?format=jpg&name=large

Not much is known about this cover, however according to the Instagram post where Lana revealed the cover, it was shot by Neil Krug. It features Lana returning to her previous brown hair and tones of reddish brown and auburn. Is likely that the album title changed so consequently the official artwork will most likely have a different title too.

BONUS - Sirens

EuJ3I9jXEAEY5sS.jpg

Although Lana's first demo album has no official artwork, the recording is mostly associated with a picture of a young Lana Del Rey on a beach. According to a TikTok user who owns a copy of the CD, Lana acknowledged the cover as his CD includes a note by Del Rey under her pseudonym. May Jailer.

Which one of these covers do you think is the one that looks the best/ encapsulates its respective album feel the best?

littlepotter

Paradise cover will always have a special place in my heart, it's so regal and gorgeous

chaeri pls

RockCandySweet

Ultraviolence (standard cover)

Norman F****** Rockwell! (standard cover)

Chemtrails Over the Country Club (alternate cover)

nickkoko

NFR is not only her best album but best album art as well. I do really like the LFL photo -- finally, an album cover where she's smiling lol -- but I'm not sure if I love the border around it.

SlipAway

I remember when in like 2015 I found out she’s wearing a red bra on the BTD  cover and I was shocked

BTD for the nostalgia 

Blackout19

Chemtrails Over the Country Club the first cover, amazing

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Arcadia

I remember I hated NFR cover when she just announced it and now it’s my absolute favorite, the compositions, the colors, eye-popping. UGH HER MIND, it really encapsulates beachy rock California

js4754394o9823

UV>BTD>Paradise>HM>COCC>L4L>NFR

the UO version of NFR would be better without the text, main one is just ugly
the alternative artwork of COCC looks really pretty
and Blue Banisters feels like something from coverlandia

red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout

Oriane

Ultraviolence >>>

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Stephen

Paradise and NFR are the most gorgeous covers. Not my favorite albums tho

La Rosalia

For me, it’s:

1. NFR standard 

2. Blue Banisters

3. Born To Die 

Irrelevant

COCC #2 is beautiful :neyde: also like NFR

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

narcoswing
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

however is unknown who is the photographer.

It's not, Chuck Grant shot it

VasilisVas

Born To Die and Paradise are the best covers for sure. The rest are choices :poot:

Archived