💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why the car noises in Replay?

MadreMonster

Featured Posts

MadreMonster
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I always thought it was the sound of a cassette tape being rewound, but sped up :oprah:

Have you listened to it with headphones? It goes from the right ear to the left ear.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MadreMonster
2 minutes ago, weed said:

the song literally starts with cars driving by :air: @ people who can't hear it. idk why, thought it just helped the transition between songs

It definitely sets a tone but I’m just confused if it has any significance with the story.

Rahrahbitchson

Because with those cars we will continue with the journey sweetie, get in looser 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Prostitute Barbie

My real theory for it is she’s at the height of her powers when she’s our “Enigma” on the stage making magic. Then after the rush of the show she’s walking home and hears the lonely sound of cars passing by and goes back to her pain and trauma among the backdrop of the dull, monotonous reality of the cruel world. But that probably has nothing to do with anything and it’s probably just a cool effect to bridge the songs lol 

Justin Drew Bieber

The way I hear it is a vehicle dropping her unconscious body off at a river because of the rocky/water noises in the beginning and then she wakes up and the lyrics begin

Reality

I'm honestly shocked that so many of you didn't know that there were car noises in the beginning of the song :bradley:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

chromatic puzea

omgg i thought that was a horse walking OMGGGG
i always thought to myself like wow a unicorn guides you from enigma into replay but yeah it kinds does sound like cars on gravel and i hear that high squeak before the "am i" starts too

the whole intro to this song just kinda feels like an out of body experince and my guess is just to set the song up

this is kinda like the walkie talkies in 911

it's really intresting to anaylze production choices like these

they could have some fundamental connection to the song's meaning or the producers could've just thought it sounded cool but it's fun to try to look into the mind of the artist

do u like the jojo siwa song

warhol killer
10 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

What do the whooshing sounds sound like to you? When the beat drops with the Am I Am I part it sounds like a brake :icega: at least to me :icega:

woah I never thought of it as car noises. :koons: I thought it was just wooshing sounds or like wind effects or something.

warhol killer ✮ GAGAÂč⁔

SharGaga

Did yall ever think the lyric 'scratch my nails into the dirt' is about teeth grinding when high on illicit substances. One of the ways to stop that and keep your mouth open and prevent teeth grinding is to scratch something. Just a random thought.

chromatic puzea
2 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

The way I hear it is a vehicle dropping her unconscious body off at a river because of the rocky/water noises in the beginning and then she wakes up and the lyrics begin

omgg why'd you leave her at a river???

go pick her up now!

Justin Drew Bieber
19 minutes ago, dynamite said:

TIL there are car noises in Replay :neyde:

16 minutes ago, Warhol Killer said:

car noises? :duck:

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I never noticed any car noises :omg: am I deaf

14 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

There's like random notes but I hear no car noises...

13 minutes ago, venuspop said:

wait there's car noises? it really took us a year :enigma:

At the 13 second mark, it sounds like a car stops to drop her somewhere and they leave

chromatic puzea
Just now, SharGaga said:

Did yall ever think the lyric 'scratch my nails into the dirt' is about teeth grinding when high on illicit substances. One of the ways to stop that and keep your mouth open and prevemt grinding is to scratch something. Just a random thought.

ooh i never thought of this

i always just took it at surface value and assumed she was trying to physically crawl her way out of a "dark place"

Bella Goth
7 minutes ago, venuspop said:

wait there's car noises? it really took us a year :enigma:

its not like a car engine sound but sound like car wheels hit the road/asphalt, before the song start

MadreMonster
2 minutes ago, Warhol Killer said:

woah I never thought of it as car noises. :koons: I thought it was just wooshing sounds or like wind effects or something.

If you listen with headphones, to me you can hear like the wheels going by. Idk how to describe but I thought it was very straightforward - kinda interesting that not everyone hears it the same!

Archived