💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adam Lambert turned down ASIB role

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

gypsy101
2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Adam Lambert isn't big though... Halsey was in the movie and she's a bigger name than him. No shade

you don’t think he’s a big name? i disagree i feel like he’s even house-hold name, people remember him from being the first out american idol guy. not sure how well known most of his music is though 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
Just now, gypsy101 said:

you don’t think he’s a big name? i disagree i feel like he’s even house-hold name, people remember him from being the first out american idol guy. not sure how well known most of his music is though 

If I wasn’t a Gaga fan, I wouldn't have heard of him. My mum who is into Queen knows of him since he's been touring with them these past few years... but Adam is very much unknown. Maybe not to people in the States. Halsey is pretty much known everywhere 

End Racism Now

gypsy101
14 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

If I wasn’t a Gaga fan, I wouldn't have heard of him. My mum who is into Queen knows of him since he's been touring with them these past few years... but Adam is very much unknown. Maybe not to people in the States. Halsey is pretty much known everywhere 

the states are a lot of people and he was on american idol so he’s still very well known i’m pretty sure

vyniildisk
9 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

the states are a lot of people and he was on american idol so he’s still very well known i’m pretty sure

i had to google him, but i guess is because i am not american giphy.gif

Genuine Guy 09

Honestly good move. Any pop star or celebrity trying to do films always get panned. Lady Gaga is literally the only pop artist that you hear her name in a film and don't associate it with being bad or panned. Keeping away from other artists is key to that. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

DpHitch1992

I can understand why he didnt go for the role but Didn't shangela say her audition was for a Marilyn Monroe drag queen but she auditioned anyway and they changed the part for her because they loved her charisma?  

uo111

That would’ve been pretty cool but I think they made the right decision choosing Gaga instead.

I don't understand why y'all are always saying stuff like gay actor should be playing a gay role? similar happened with Sia's new film where everybody was saying that they should've had an autistic person for that role. like it's called acting, and guess what.. you are supposed to act like someone else, not like you. jeez :excuseu:

Stephen
10 minutes ago, Reez said:

I don't understand why y'all are always saying stuff like gay actor should be playing a gay role? similar happened with Sia's new film where everybody was saying that they should've had an autistic person for that role. like it's called acting, and guess what.. you are supposed to act like someone else, not like you. jeez :excuseu:

In a perfect world, yes. Unfortunately gay actors and autistic actors struggle way more so it can be seen an unethical to take away the very few parts that are actually perfect for them.

Imagine being a struggling gay actor and not getting any roles because the casting directors think you're too gay acting, or they think a gay actor would be bad optics for their production, or maybe they're just homophobic. This is the reality for actors every day. Now imagine you FINALLY landed a role, and it's a gay character. You are so freaking happy to finally have work as an actor. Then you find out the casting director has changed his mind, and he's going with a straight actor instead.

It's like.... damn we can't even have THIS?? We can't even play our OWN people? :bradley:

That's the gist of it. 

Stephen
12 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

Adam is definitely well known in the U.S. He performed with Queen at the Oscars, his performance honoring Cher has gone viral on social media, plus his American Idol days. 

Maybe Gen Z might not be aware of him, but that's about it.

DirrtyPony

The “gay best friend” role always sat weird with me. It usually comes off like a caricature of gay people, and are consistently written/portrayed the same way.

I don’t have any issue with straight actors playing gay roles, or vice versa, but how can a straight actor really explore what it means to portray a gay person when they are given the same one-dimensional character?

Strung out for another taste

The Child
16 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

i mean couldn’t they just rewrite the role lol

it would have been nice to have a gay actor in the part, i do love Anthony Ramos but come on why put a straight actor in that role

Anthony is STRAIGHT???

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
2 hours ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Honestly good move. Any pop star or celebrity trying to do films always get panned. Lady Gaga is literally the only pop artist that you hear her name in a film and don't associate it with being bad or panned. Keeping away from other artists is key to that. 

Cher? Barbra Streisand?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Cameltoe Chariot

Of course Miss Lambert has to let the world know he turned A Star Is Born down, because he didn't want to take a role away from a POC actor :diane: everyone clap for the rich white gay :billie:

...But we also know the script changed rapidly for multiple actors - Shangela and Willam were originally Marylin Monroe impersonators, and production completely changed the script and created the back room scenes at the bar to include them with more lines. What was on paper wasn't necessarily what was going to be shot.

As for the character's final sexual identity.... love how no one has even considered he could be bisexual :bear:

Archived