💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Weeknd: "I have three Grammys, which mean nothing to me now"

COOOK

Featured Posts

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Interesting. I wonder who told him that, and why they believed their support would result in a nomination.

Academy probably talk about nominations with anyone who they want to perform at the Grammys:reductive: this is all about money they can earn on artists who perform during event. 
The Weeknd couldn't perform at the Grammy since it was originally scheduled before Super Bowl [to make his halftime show more exclusive he can't perform anywhere before]. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, sickandtired said:

being as successful as he is, having millions of people enjoying your releases is much better than grammys

most of the public ain't even going to remember the trophies (tho they are cool to brag about) you got, but the work you put out

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Yes like both Madonna and Prince, as examples. They were usually snubbed by awards shows, but massive with listeners and had the brightest careers regardless. The Weeknd will be similar to their legacy, I bet. He's really Great.

All of this. 

It's the artists' work that people remember.  People often don't know how many grammys, oscars, etc. their faves won.  Bette Davis is my favorite actress of all time, yet I don't know if she won or was nominated for awards.  It doesn't matter. She is iconic regardless of awards.  One of my favorite movies is The Catered Affair starring Bette Davis, Ernest Borgnine, Debbie Reynolds, and Barry Fitzgerald.  The year before, Ernest Borgnine won an oscar for best actor in the movie Marty.  I had the good fortune to meet Ernest Borgnine in person after a live show.  I told him I was surprised that he didn't win an oscar for The Catered Affair since he was at least as brilliant in that movie as he was in Marty.  His response:  "You never know how awards will go."  No bitterness, no complaining, just a statement of fact.  If you ever have the good fortune to see The Catered Affair, you will see a masterpiece of acting and will wonder why the actors didn't receive more awards.  There is a moment near the end of the movie where the sensitivity of Bette Davis' acting will leave you shook.  Borgnine's statement was correct, and can be applied to grammys and other awards as well.  For anyone interested, a preview of The Catered Affair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FA32iitP0

I live outside the space time continuum.

PunkTheFunk

ABBA, Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Janis Joplin, Diana Ross, Tupac, Bjork -- none of these artists have ever won a Grammy. Not a single one. Let's stop measuring musical excellence using awards. 

nodandsmile
58 minutes ago, Ronk said:

All of this. 

It's the artists' work that people remember.  People often don't know how many grammys, oscars, etc. their faves won.  Bette Davis is my favorite actress of all time, yet I don't know if she won or was nominated for awards.  It doesn't matter. She is iconic regardless of awards.  One of my favorite movies is The Catered Affair starring Bette Davis, Ernest Borgnine, Debbie Reynolds, and Barry Fitzgerald.  The year before, Ernest Borgnine won an oscar for best actor in the movie Marty.  I had the good fortune to meet Ernest Borgnine in person after a live show.  I told him I was surprised that he didn't win an oscar for The Catered Affair since he was at least as brilliant in that movie as he was in Marty.  His response:  "You never know how awards will go."  No bitterness, no complaining, just a statement of fact.  If you ever have the good fortune to see The Catered Affair, you will see a masterpiece of acting and will wonder why the actors didn't receive more awards.  There is a moment near the end of the movie where the sensitivity of Bette Davis' acting will leave you shook.  Borgnine's statement was correct, and can be applied to grammys and other awards as well.  For anyone interested, a preview of The Catered Affair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4FA32iitP0

you could not have given a better example than Bette who literally lost for her best and most iconic performances, while nobody even talks about the ones she won for... she actually said her first win was a consolation prize for being snubbed the year before 😭

we are not even talking about Weeknd anymore we- 

1 minute ago, sickandtired said:

you could not have given a better example than Bette who literally lost for her best and most iconic performances, while nobody even talks about the ones she won for... she actually said her first win was a consolation prize for being snubbed the year before 😭

Yes, the problem is much larger than The Weeknd.

Economy
8 hours ago, whoresup said:

I don’t get why he doesn’t let it go, the Grammys made some CHOICES this year but I don’t see other artists complaining. 

Yeah. He was clearly snubbed... but it comes across bad and very unhumble/lowkey narcissistic and entitled to feel you deserve them and make a big thing about not getting a grammy

Like its fine for others to say it. But i feel like if your saying it about yourself, suddenly it doesnt sound so good

1 minute ago, Economy said:

Yeah. He was clearly snubbed... but it comes across bad and very unhumble/lowkey narcissistic and entitled to feel you deserve them and make a big thing about not getting a grammy

Like its fine for others to say it. But i feel like if yoyr saying it about yourself, suddenly it doesnt sound so good

Exactly.  You're your better self when you're the bigger person.  Best to congratulate those who won and leave it at that.

DirrtyPony
8 hours ago, COOOK said:

“Look, I personally don’t care anymore,” says Tesfaye, sounding 90% at peace and 10% like maybe he still cares a little bit. “I have three Grammys, which mean nothing to me now, obviously. It’s not like, ‘Oh, I want the Grammy!’ It’s just that this happened, and I’m down to get in front of the fire, as long as it never happens again.

This just rubs me the wrong way.

So the 3 Grammys meant something to him at one point, but because he wasn't nominated for a 4th or 5th, they are trash now? I have to wonder if he was nominated this year, would he still think the Grammys are corrupt? :oprah:

Strung out for another taste

24 minutes ago, sickandtired said:

Have you guys seen Feud? there's a good portion of the story centered around the Oscar and how Joan Crawford did all she could to not let her win, and succeeded. 

2 minutes ago, FunkYou said:

Have you guys seen Feud? there's a good portion of the story centered around the Oscar and how Joan Crawford did all she could to not let her win, and succeeded. 

What are you implying??

2016ZeenaSchreck_Press_130916-1-696x462.jpg

2 minutes ago, DirrtyPony said:

This just rubs me the wrong way.

So the 3 Grammys meant something to him at one point, but because he wasn't nominated for a 4th or 5th, they are trash now? I have to wonder if he was nominated this year, would he still think the Grammys are corrupt? :oprah:

It rubs a lot of people the wrong way.  Rather than complaining, congratulating the winners shows great strength of character.  Years from now, nobody will remember about the awards.  But people will fondly remember artists who are generous and good to others.   Admiration goes to kind people who praise rather than drags and complains.

It's about reputation and legacy.  Does any artist want people to say "He's very talented and I love his work, but somehow I just don't like him" ?  I don't think so.  I wish The Weeknd the best and I hope he builds a positive reputation in the future.

PartySick

Funny how Grammys don't matter when it's you/your fave that's getting slighted :huntyga:

Talking to myself too for being salty when Gaga doesn't get recognized :huntyga:

But then again, I'd still be stanning her even if she didn't have 11 Grammys in her house :huntyga:

A homo in eco-friendly packaging 🎁

nodandsmile
17 minutes ago, FunkYou said:

we are not only talking about "Baby Jane" though... she lost for "All About Eve" which is her most iconic performance and biggest hit!!! 

when it comes to "Feud", I'll take everything talked about on that show with a grain of salt...

(she started talking about feud at 23:55, tho the Bette/Joan comparison that comes before is pretty itnteresting!)

Archived