💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump impeachment article being sent to Senate Monday

BUtterfield 8

trumps_012021getty.jpg?itok=068YS7Km

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Friday that the House will deliver an impeachment article against President Trump to the Senate on Monday.

"Make no mistake, a trial will be held in the United States Senate and there will be a vote whether to convict the president. I've spoken to Speaker Pelosi, who informed me that the articles will be delivered to the Senate on Monday," Schumer said from the Senate floor:

Sending the article to the Senate triggers the start of the trial at 1 p.m. the following day, except for Sundays.

But the announcement from Schumer appears to reject a request from Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that the impeachment trial be delayed until February.

Source

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 6
  • Thanks 1

djBuffoon

Good. The Republicans in power accuse this move of being "divisive". No, it's constitutional and necessary. What is divisive is baselessly sowing doubt in our election process, and inciting a riot that killed several people.

Accountability and consequences first. Then we can talk about unity.

• Like 10
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 5

TasteLikeWhiskey

The impeachment itself is moot. The only thing that may still matter is the possible Senate vote (which may happen upon conviction at conclusion of the Senate trial) to disallow Trump a future candidacy.

Do not think I underestimate your great concern
  • Like 2

CyanLights
11 minutes ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

The impeachment itself is moot. The only thing that may still matter is the possible Senate vote (which may happen upon conviction at conclusion of the Senate trial) to disallow Trump a future candidacy.

This is such an important thing, we really dont need a repeat of 2017 :rip: If he runs again, his supporters will show up in bigger numbers than ever before and it will be back to square one 

Cranky Capricorn ♑️
  • Thanks 1

shoful

The Senate sounds like it’s already off to a very shitty start. This will bring even more tension between Schumer and McConnell. 
Can Schumer just whip the ****ing Dems in line and break the filibuster so they can actually get **** done. I’m sick of the Dems playing softball

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."
  • Thanks 1

TasteLikeWhiskey
1 minute ago, CyanLights said:

This is such an important thing, we really don't need a repeat of 2017 :rip: If he runs again, his supporters will show up in bigger numbers than ever before and it will be back to square one 

In my country, the breaking-off by the radicals from the ruling party helped a great deal in stabilizing conflict. If what I understand is to be true, then all Americans should support a newly established Trump party. Another Republican Trump run does, however, seem dangerous to me as well.

• Like 2

CyanLights
Just now, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

In my country, the breaking-off by the radicals from the ruling party helped a great deal in stabilizing conflict. If what I understand is to be true, then all Americans should support a newly established Trump party. Another Republican Trump run does, however, seem dangerous to me as well.

Nah, in America it will become an even bigger mess sadly. Trump already solidified what his supports believe and theres no way of changing it 

Cranky Capricorn ♑️

NFRatwell
5 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Nah, in America it will become an even bigger mess sadly. Trump already solidified what his supports believe and theres no way of changing it 

He left office with the lowest approval rate in 50 years. He has followers, but not enough to take all the loyal republicans. The only thing Trump running could do is solidify another Democratic win unless republicans completely rebrand as a moderate party. This isn’t the first time republicans have tried splitting the party. 

Edited by NFRatwell

FATCAT
23 minutes ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

Actually no, it's extremely important to lay down that this is impeachable and convictable. Had Trump done this earlier instead of on the edge of his leaving office, I'm sure they wouldn't have delayed the trial like they did. 

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 1

TasteLikeWhiskey
Just now, FATCAT said:

Actually no, it's extremely important to lay down that this is impeachable and convictable. 

Not yet...

Agree with you that the precedent is important.

Let us hope, however, that no one in future deems it acceptable to follow Trump's actions; regardless of any legal precedent.

• Like 1

Diamond Heart

He wont get convicted imo, weve all seen how much the Republicans dont care about anything other than their own party. 
Now if a Dem had done what Trump done.....:triggered: 

But baby, I just need one good one Tuesday
  • Thanks 1

Agunimon

Monday will be a great day. Impeachment articles and my new preworkout comes in the mail! :vegas:

• LMAO 2

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Diamond Heart said:

He wont get convicted imo, weve all seen how much the Republicans dont care about anything other than their own party. 
Now if a Dem had done what Trump done.....:triggered: 

That's the thing though, at the heart of the impeachment they can save their party from being defunded by large corporations and free themselves from a messy 2024 run which will obviously leave their party in even more shambles. That's why they're going to convict, because if they don't the funds will dry up.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 3

TasteLikeWhiskey
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

my new preworkout comes in the mail! :vegas:

We all at least agree that you can stop working out already :icega:

Diamond Heart
Just now, FATCAT said:

That's the thing though, at the heart of the impeachment they can save their party from being defunded by large corporations and free themselves from a messy 2024 run which will obviously leave their party in even more shambles. That's why they're going to convict, because if they don't the funds will dry up.

Please please please let what your saying be true :bradley: 

But baby, I just need one good one Tuesday
  • Like 2