💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why is there no official 3rd single from Chromatica?

Susanalbumparty

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I don't necessarily agree with this. ASIB only had 1 single despite other songs still doing very well and had tons of hype too, yet she didn't bother with more singles. And SL was very underwhelming and perhaps the worst choice for a lead off the entire album. It was definitely not pop comeback material. There is also no proof of her actually making chromatica some triumphant return to pop music other than bobby saying they had planned promo for 18 months which is probably a lie anyways. Whatever the reason it's so frustrating that it's been almost 10 years since we've had an album with more than 2 singles. Like wtf 

ASIB is a movie soundtrack. It's just not the same thing as an album era. Shallow, while undeniably a Gaga hit, is inextricably tied to ASIB the movie, and it had the greatest promo ever – a theatrical release. And because it was a movie soundtrack, what would the strategy be for releasing more singles? It wasn't a solo release. Shallow did a great job promoting the movie on its own, and ARUTW and INLA still became hits in their own right despite not being true "singles."

The SL-hate is super subjective. I personally love the song, it's one of my favorites on Chromatica, and despite what this fanbase thinks about it ("no chorus wah wah wah"), it was well received critically. I think it would have performed far better if it hadn't leaked a full month ahead of release. And then California shut down like 15 days after she did end up releasing it properly. I have a feeling that if it had performed better on the charts, people wouldn't **** on it nearly as much.

Also, what do you mean you don't know if this is "some triumphant return to pop music"? Have you listened to the album? By definition, it's her first purely pop-dance album since ARTPOP. Cheek to Cheek and Joanne are not pop albums, and ASIB is country-rock more than anything else. Even if you don't like the album, you can't deny that she deliberately eschewed ballads on this album after almost 7 straight years of soft rock ballad material. What would you call that, if not a pop comeback?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She literally has so may single choices: Alice, Sour Candy, Replay, Free Woman. It's such a shame, her and her team didn't milk the album for singles like Dua Lipa. 

Delulu Rogers
21 minutes ago, sexy said:

ASIB is a movie soundtrack. It's just not the same thing as an album era. Shallow, while undeniably a Gaga hit, is inextricably tied to ASIB the movie, and it had the greatest promo ever – a theatrical release. And because it was a movie soundtrack, what would the strategy be for releasing more singles? It wasn't a solo release. Shallow did a great job promoting the movie on its own, and ARUTW and INLA still became hits in their own right despite not being true "singles."

The SL-hate is super subjective. I personally love the song, it's one of my favorites on Chromatica, and despite what this fanbase thinks about it ("no chorus wah wah wah"), it was well received critically. I think it would have performed far better if it hadn't leaked a full month ahead of release. And then California shut down like 15 days after she did end up releasing it properly. I have a feeling that if it had performed better on the charts, people wouldn't **** on it nearly as much.

Also, what do you mean you don't know if this is "some triumphant return to pop music"? Have you listened to the album? By definition, it's her first purely pop-dance album since ARTPOP. Cheek to Cheek and Joanne are not pop albums, and ASIB is country-rock more than anything else. Even if you don't like the album, you can't deny that she deliberately eschewed ballads on this album after almost 7 straight years of soft rock ballad material. What would you call that, if not a pop comeback?

You mentioned many things so i'll try to organize my post by listing my comments.

1. What does ASIB being a soundtrack have to do with not releasing singles? Just because it's not the same thing as an album era cause it's tied to a movie doesn't mean it can't have singles sent to radios. Look at how many singles The Bodyguard soundtrack has. As long as there are songs, there can be singles, regardless of what the songs are apart of. Yes ARUTW still did well but that's not the point. 

2. Of course every song reception is subjective to the individual, but the overwhelming majority of ppl agree that there were stronger choices for the lead that represented the album better, were more catchy, and unique. Also, I don't think charts really influence our opinion of the song for the most part. Judas only hit #10 yet most ppl adore that song to death. Same with DWUW at #13. And I don't think things shutting down 15 days later had any impact on the fate of the song. If she didn't do promo during the first 2 weeks of it being out, when was she planning to do it? The first couple of weeks of a lead being out are the most important weeks, yet all she did were radio interviews, hinting to a PI level of promo for the song. 

3. I love the album just to be clear. And yes, in technical terms she did come back, as in return, to pop after 7 years. I'm just saying I don't think there was ever a plan to make this album era massive or inescapable or to create that comeback feeling among the gp. When people say comeback they usually refer to BTW 2.0 level of promo, intensity, etc. Yeah, I highly doubt anything like that was ever planned for chromatica. This is coming from the lack of promo for SL, no follow-up to ROM, hardly any content, and the 6 date tour that was going to end in August meaning the era would have only lasted about 5 months, her shortest era ever. These facts are hardly the recipe for a comeback. 

We don’t know yet if there won’t be a third single. I still have hope. And I think there are tracks on Chromatica where she can make relevant and even political to express herself better. She can do it as long as she is in good health. The era isn’t necessarily over

Flawless

The 3rd single won't happen because the timing has gone, she probably doesn't want to, neither interscope. and honestly I don't see the problem if she's still releasing videos, like 911 situation.

And you guys overthink too much.....Gaga is not a new act to be scoring hit after hit, she has 13 years of a successful career. It's normal for newer artists to appear and work harder to the spotlight. Just chill, Gaga will be fine. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

1 hour ago, Delulu Rogers said:

All she has to do is just release more singles before the album release in that case. 

Honestly, this. She should’ve gotten with the times front loaded the album with singles before it was dropped instead of being stuck in 2010 where you wait 3 months between singles. 

5 minutes ago, Flawless said:

The 3rd single won't happen because the timing has gone, she probably doesn't want to, neither interscope. and honestly I don't see the problem if she's still releasing videos, like 911 situation.

And you guys overthink too much.....Gaga is not a new act to be scoring hit after hit, she has 13 years of a successful career. It's normal for newer artists to appear and work harder to the spotlight. Just chill, Gaga will be fine. 

It’s an issue for a few reasons, personally. One being when she inevitably releases a boxset/singles collection, the singles will be there. Not the fan-service videos. And we all know that it will come eventually. Along those same lines, true singles get carried on throughout tours. Just because a song has a video doesn’t make it a single, meaning it won’t be brought back out outside of the parent album’s tour most likely.

Archived