Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Rolling Stone India: Best and Worst of 2020

COOOK

Featured Posts

Some highlights:
Most disappointing album: Justin Bieber - Changes

Spoiler

"Bieber legitimately put out an R&B album this year. He was so infuriated that his album wasn’t classified in that genre by the Grammys that he actually spoke up about it. While I am in agreement that the album is far more R&B than pop, I would have to disagree with the Academy and sadly many fans of the star who think this album is actually good. Minus “Intentions”, the album is pure filler. Bieber sings, does runs and tries his best to safely show off his urban side. It doesn’t work, not because he’s not black but because the music is so low quality and lacking any inspiration."

Honorable mention: Ariana Grande - positions

Artist trying way too hard: (tie) Demi Lovato and Katy Perry

Spoiler

"I respect both women. They’ve both had amazing careers and managed to bounce back after duds. But the problem is similar I feel for both of them now. They’re simply trying too hard to continue what they once did and they’ve not evolved in a way that feels organic to the audience. It doesn’t mean they are faking it, it just means for some reason, we’ve developed a disconnect from them despite our continued interest in them. “Commander In Chief” by Lovato should have been a massive #1 hit and been so controversial but it barely made a whimper. Perry’s “Smile” album wasn’t the best but the videos were tacky and the songs seemed stuck in early 2010’s productions which just didn’t match the moment. I really hope both women find their lane again because they are both incredibly talented. We just need better music and less noise."

Most interesting collaboration: Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – Rain On Me

Spoiler

"Let’s be honest, female collaborations are mostly dull ballads. Sure there’s the occasional “Lady Marmalade” or “Bang Bang” but most times unless there’s a female MC featured, the results are just meh. But Gaga and Grande coming together created something special, something unexpected and yes, something instantly campy. “Rain On Me” may not be the most memorable song, but we will remember it because two of women who defined the 10’s for Top 40 came together and made a hit record that went against everything we would have expected to come out of them, and it worked! "

Artist that makes it look easy: Taylor Swift 

Spoiler

"Two albums, re-recording her first six albums and all the while staying low-key. This year, a different Taylor Swift emerged and we like it. She’s not trying to prove anything to anyone and she’s doing whatever the hell she wants…no matter what. While she might be working her ass off, she makes it look easy because she’s passionate about it. In a year when so much changed for everyone, it was nice to see front and center one artist embrace the change and shine. I’ve not been the biggest Swift fan over the years and much like Beyonce, I’ve actually consistently believed for them to be extremely overrated and over showered with awards and praise prematurely in their careers. But much like “Lemonade” was actually B’s moment, I feel like “folklore” and “evermore” are just that for Swift. If the album wins for Album Of The Year, she’ll collect her third one. By my account, it will be the first one actually meriting the win."

Teletubby

Worst Cover: Sam Smith – “I Feel Love” (Donna Summer Cover)
Honorable Mention: Nothing beats this Sam Smith cover:ladyhaha:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Bubblegum Bitch

Best K-Pop Song for BTS? Have they listened to K/DA's EP?.. :fail:

Least Deserved Grammy nomination: Pop Vocal Performance: Justin Bieber (“Yummy”) — totally agree with this. 

Sneaky Oliver

India critics are by far more intelligent than US :koons: I stan the country

I’m on my Legacy Act era

LG7 time now

About ROM:

“a hit record that went against everything we would have expected to come out of them” 

I wouldn't go that far :huntyga: I mean, I love the song, but that was exactly what we expected, or if not, at least it's what I expected 

11 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

About ROM:

“a hit record that went against everything we would have expected to come out of them” 

I wouldn't go that far :huntyga: I mean, I love the song, but that was exactly what we expected, or if not, at least it's what I expected 

They’re talking from the GP’s perspective. You’re literally a stan on a pop forum, of course you expected it :huntyga:

1 hour ago, Bubblegum Bitch said:

Best K-Pop Song for BTS? Have they listened to K/DA's EP?.. :fail:

BTS is huge in India, Rolling Stone India’s issue with BTS on the cover might’ve been their best selling magazine of all time. They can’t upset the fans. 

bionic

Sour Candy is a more interesting collaboration than Rain on Me. The suggestion that Gaga/Ari is something special because its not a ballad is :saladga:

buy bionic

Archived