đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Main Problem with Chromatica

GovernmentGaga

Featured Posts

Serial Chiller
3 hours ago, E Z said:

Chromatica literally dropped in the middle of everything. There was a lot of uncertainty in the world back then and I don’t blame her for pulling the project back. 

Aside from that I agree with you with one more caveat:

I don’t think what Gaga is experiencing so much a lack of commitment to her work so much as an inclination to stay away from the spotlight over long periods of time. The media is trash, the industry is trash and, quite frankly, a very vocal minority (or majority) of fans are trash.

Ironically, the woman whose first album is called The Fame, is nowadays avoiding it as much as possible. Fans hunger for promotion and media attention and critical acclaim because we live boring mundane lives. Gaga KNOWS what fame is. She doesn’t want it as much as her fans do. 

Thank you! These fans that think they can do better than her, not in terms of talent and professionally-wise, but in terms of managing a career and handling fame, wouldn’t even LAST a moment in the spotlight. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

She didn't want to be used as a cash cow. She had no choice in promoting that perfume back then. She didn't want to do it but she still put so much effort into it until she put her foot down and decided she was done with it. Anything she puts her name to now is because she wants to. 

Haus Labs is not an Amazon brand and it's not generic. It's something she's worked on along with Sarah Tanno and other creative individuals. It just happens to be sold through Amazon. 

She put way, way, WAY more effort creatively into the perfume than she did in the makeup.

Haus Labs still makes her a cash cow. The only difference is she didn't chose to do it for the perfume, but she did it willingly for the makeup.

Haus Labs is pretty much Amazon's way of having their own makeup brand. Hence why the brand has absolutely nothing to do with Gaga besides some song names thrown in there. Other than that, it's literally, and I can't stress this enough, the most generic brand you could think of in all regards. There's not a SINGLE element that makes it stand out in some way shape or form. Have you seen the packaging? This brand is the No Name of makeup.

Nothing wrong with doing a side gig for cash. But it will never fail to make me laugh when fans buy into the whole "kindness! beauty is in the eye of the beholder! makeup is my passion!" BS. Gaga accepted having her face plastered on Amazon/Sarah's soccer moms-catering brand, it's not any deeper than that.

pop a 911
4 hours ago, GovernmentGaga said:

In fact, the man who interviewed Gaga, has interviewed her at least twice before in which she had the exact same angle of “this album saved me” only to then say the same thing during the next era cycle.

This. I love Gaga so much, but if you pay attention every album cycle she seems to have some issue she needs to fix. I understand mental health and everything that goes with issues like depression. But it seems like she can never find happiness in her work, and every album she’s unhappy or sad or in pain. Even with Joanne, I find it a little awkward how she feels she needs to heal her father, it makes it sound like her father needs therapy because of how he’s carried his sisters death trauma into his daughters life instead of getting the help he needs so Gaga isn’t traumatized.

i’m not real, i’m theatre

CubbyGaga
2 hours ago, LaLuna said:

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This fanbase and its obsession with promo, I swear... It's like, it doesn't matter how good an album is, if there's not enough promo, then it's all for nothing. I challenge any of you to work even HALF as hard as Gaga has, the woman has worked her butt off for years, to the point of injuring herself, she's dealing with mental issues, fibromyalgia, etc. But of course none of that matters because hey, what good is an album without promo right? Also, we're in the middle of a freaking GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Of course that ruined her plans for promo. Why is that so damn hard to understand? And why is it so hard to understand that she wants to focus on her health, relationship, etc. It doesn't mean she doesn't care, If she truly didn't care she'd stop making music. 

This fanbase is exhausting and I only just joined this website.  Why can’t people just enjoy her art for what it is?  I definitely understand that art is subjective and that we all have different opinions.  But it’s like you guys expect her to be to pushing out Born This Way levels of promo at all times, and when she doesn’t, everyone has a meltdown. She’s getting older and changing the way she does things. It’s not 2009 anymore.  Y’all place these huge expectations on her and then set yourselves up for disappointment over and over again.  

Maybe stop putting pop stars on this giant pedestal and accept that they are imperfect humans trying to share their art just like the rest of us.  

Literally, Stop the drama and start the music.  Lmao.  

alyssa edwards GIF

MelbHawker

I have no issue with Chromatica - I have enjoyed the music and the content that she has blessed us with and really enjoyed her appearance at the VMA's. This year has been challenging for us all - she obviously had other plans with Chromatica but her plans naturally shifted towards issues like BLM (her social media activism) and the pandemic (One World gig) as the year progressed. I'm not sure what her plans are for Chromatica going forward, or her feelings - I do know, though, that as a Gaga fan I am owed nothing and I'm grateful she dropped a really uplifting, groovy album at a time where my life and my mental state needed it most. 

Anyhow, the album doesn't really have much commercial steam left - it's no secret that any single released post album release for Gaga doesn't perform because her core fanbase has already eaten and streamed the music to the point of exhaustion. I'd love if she could put out a visual that celebrates the music and the imagery/Chromatica tribe concept - kind of like what Kiley & Dua did - but at the same time, I'm really not fussed. She's got 2 films coming up and she's always working on something, I just hope she's generally well and having a great end to 2020 for herself.

Pharamon

I agree with some of these points but damn you sound ungrateful as all hell... how can you boldly and blindly call her out like that with no evidence to support these claims? Have you been sleeping through this past year? She really was trying to deliver something to us and she has, AN AMAZING ALBUM with a few decent performances and good music videos...What more do you want? Of course it saddens me that she's slowly losing her spark but... can we give this woman a break? 

Suspiria
45 minutes ago, CubbyGaga said:

Maybe stop putting pop stars on this giant pedestal and accept that they are imperfect humans trying to share their art just like the rest of us. 

I get your point in your post, but it slightly irritates me when people say stuff like this lmao.

Major label international pop stars are really not just "humans trying to share their art just like the rest of us":selena: They have the financial support of massive entertainment companies who are experts in producing quality content, connections with the best professionals in every area of the business, personal teams dedicated to making their every move as quick easy as possible. Sis doesn't even have to put her own shoes on or brush her own hair. This is in addition to having hundreds of millions of dollars at their own personal disposal.

It is their job to release art, and they have every imaginable resource to make it as easy as possible.

You can't just get all this and ask people not to have expectations.

(Yes I am bitter)

CubbyGaga
3 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I get your point in your post, but it slightly irritates me when people say stuff like this lmao.

Major label international pop stars are really not just "humans trying to share their art just like the rest of us":selena: They have the financial support of massive entertainment companies who are experts in producing quality content, connections with the best professionals in every area of the business, personal teams dedicated to making their every move as quick easy as possible. Sis doesn't even have to put her own shoes on or brush her own hair. This is in addition to having hundreds of millions of dollars at their own personal disposal.

It is their job to release art, and they have every imaginable resource to make it as easy as possible.

You can't just get all this and ask people not to have expectations.

(Yes I am bitter)

I get you.  And I do miss the days where she would make a spectacle out of everything.  But I’m sure that becomes exhausting over time.

I just feel like once she did A Star is Born and the SuperBowl, she no longer had anything to prove.  These are gonna be the glory years from here on out.  And once an artist is in their glory years, they kinda just drop albums, do a few videos, and go back into hiding.  I.E, Beyoncé, Madonna, Janet, Britney, etc. 

And why do we put all this pressure on female artists when male artists put in minimal effort and receive infinite praise?  

Just some points to think about.                   

awkward britney spears GIF by T. Kyle

LilyLark
2 hours ago, littlepotter said:

You know what you're right :saladga: i love the album, but gaga-wise, the rare times she spoke about it, she made it sound like a chore. She clearly (to me, from what we have seen so far) does not care about the album.

Eh, she seemed to love the album imo. I feel like people forget that a) large parts of it leaked and b) Hanna said Gaga was seriously bothered/upset by the leaks. Add in the protests & COVID-19 and I can see why it killed off any over the top excitement. That said, just because she wasn't over the top excited about it doesn't mean she she doesn't have love for the album.

*I'm guilty of occasionally listening to leaks (although I don't pass it around) but fans blaming Gaga for the leaks are absurd. Also, there's a difference between listening & actively passing the leaks around imo.

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, CubbyGaga said:

I get you.  And I do miss the days where she would make a spectacle out of everything.  But I’m sure that becomes exhausting over time.

I just feel like once she did A Star is Born and the SuperBowl, she no longer had anything to prove.  These are gonna be the glory years from here on out.  And once an artist is in their glory years, they kinda just drop albums, do a few videos, and go back into hiding.  I.E, Beyoncé, Madonna, Janet, Britney, etc. 

And why do we put all this pressure on female artists when male artists put in minimal effort and receive infinite praise?  

Just some points to think about.                   

awkward britney spears GIF by T. Kyle

I also feel like stans sometimes forget about the non-stan environment. The very week Gaga released Chromatica there were massive, massive protests. It absolutely slowed/stopped some of the momentum she had going on & the backlash would have been BAD if she had pushed it hard that week or even the follow up week.

But yeah, you have relevant points. And I'd add 911 is arguably Gaga's best music video and it came out of this era.

Babylon98
26 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

This thread was so entertaining! Perfect for my sunday lockdown night dont_start_now_2.gif

You are one of a kind, always manage to crack me up

People had tickets for Vegas dates  and for a Chromatica concert tour. Those events were going to happen. This woman who no longer had any commitment to music was all set to do a bunch of Vegas dates and a concert tour.

6 minutes ago, MOT said:

People had tickets for Vegas dates  and for a Chromatica concert tour. Those events were going to happen. This woman who no longer had any commitment to music was all set to do a bunch of Vegas dates and a concert tour.

Exactly this 

Archived