Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyonce is the most nominated artist at this year’s GRAMMYs

Teletubby

Featured Posts

r4therupbeat

I want her to win all 9 nominations just for the backlash since not a single soul knows the song or the album 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IllusionLover
7 hours ago, JOSHMATICA said:

Don't blame B, she doesn't choose to be nominated.

How sure are you about that?

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Pray4FameGa
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

There definitely is something fishy going on here. How can someone not have an album released yet garner 9 nominations? Even if we put the remix nominations aside as they were gained on a technicality, that's still 6 for a grand total of one single (which wasn't even a hit and not even her fans were here for it) and a music-based film. Even artists who have released whole bodies of work with critical and commercial success can't achieve that. This is the third time Beyonce has been the most nominated in a single ceremony (10 in 2010, 9 in 2017 and 9 this time). The ironic thing is, she really doesn't actually win many when the time actually comes. The academy clearly think she's the safe option for when they don't really know what to submit or think a category is lacking options. You can see why I don't bother predicting SOTY and ROTY nominations as they're so random these days. I really have issues with the Savage remix being submitted like that was the original version just so Beyonce could get those nominations. Say So got to #1 with the Nicki remix but Doja was nominated for that in Pop Solo and The Weeknd submitted the Doja remix for In Your Eyes but didn't even get a nomination. There seems to be some preferential treatment here.

I think the academy really is on a mission to get her to be the most awarded woman in Grammy history. She just needs 3 more wins to hold that title with Alison Krauss and just 4 more to beat her and Alison hasn't been nominated or won in years so she'll definitely be overtaken real soon. And it's worth noting that Beyonce is now the most nominated female in Grammy history with 79 nominations (Dolly Parton's second with 50). And the joint most nominated artists of all time are George Solti and Jay Z who have 80 nominations. That's right, she's just one away from joining them and 2 away from succeeding them. It'll be weird to see her pass her own husband but I guess when you're a power couple, it's all one and the same.

I must add that if she was nominated this much for a proper album era, I'd have no problem with it. But every artist who has a year where they don't really release anything or do side projects will tell you that they get a back seat when it comes to ceremonies. I don't know why Beyonce's side projects (Everything Is Love, The Gift, Black Parade) get held in so much high regard by the academy when they simply don't receive the same reception, critically or commercially, that her studio albums receive. I don't see this happen for other artists and it's very obvious this year.

I think they legit think if we keep nominating Beyonce, we can't be racist, even though they ignore other black artists or miscategorize them when they are doing so much better. They just say oh standard noms for beyonce. It's so annoying, she barely does ****.

The Weeknd released career defining work this year and had one of the biggest, most critically acclaimed hits of all time, and they don't recognise him?

Whatever, I'm really starting to think these awards are just bought.

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Pray4FameGa said:

I think they legit think if we keep nominating Beyonce, we can't be racist, even though they ignore other black artists or miscategorize them when they are doing so much better. They just say oh standard noms for beyonce. It's so annoying, she barely does ****.

The Weeknd released career defining work this year and had one of the biggest, most critically acclaimed hits of all time, and they don't recognise him?

Whatever, I'm really starting to think these awards are just bought.

Like I said, Beyonce is likely viewed as a safe choice, the most palatable, the least controversial. If it was another black artist who wasn't as popular or more edgy, there would be questions asked as to why the generally stuffy academy likes them. It frequently comes across like the academy feel like Beyonce is an example of class that they're ok with nominating. Let's face it, large portions of the academy are made up of old, white men who prefer music of a bygone time. To think of them seriously wanting to nominate raunchy RnB and hip hop artists is always something that I have difficulty imagining and I'd love to know how the oldest members vote in these categories as they can't sit it out. It feels like they nominate the biggest names they've heard of but don't have time for anyone else. I'd always heard how categories that aren't popular, like reggae, are really unfair when it comes to nominations as the majority of voters don't even bother listening to the albums, they just pick the names they've heard of.

In terms of awards being bought, I'm actual doubtful about wins being bought but nominations are a definite possibility. Jay also got a ton of nominations for his 4:44 album which also didn't generate much success or noise so a lot of people called him being the most nominated of the night into question, yet he ended up not winning a single thing. That's what told me that maybe you can only buy yourself so far, if that is indeed the case.

Pray4FameGa
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Like I said, Beyonce is likely viewed as a safe choice, the most palatable, the least controversial. If it was another black artist who wasn't as popular or more edgy, there would be questions asked as to why the generally stuffy academy likes them. It frequently comes across like the academy feel like Beyonce is an example of class that they're ok with nominating. Let's face it, large portions of the academy are made up of old, white men who prefer music of a bygone time. To think of them seriously wanting to nominate raunchy RnB and hip hop artists is always something that I have difficulty imagining and I'd love to know how the oldest members vote in these categories as they can't sit it out. It feels like they nominate the biggest names they've heard of but don't have time for anyone else. I'd always heard how categories that aren't popular, like reggae, are really unfair when it comes to nominations as the majority of voters don't even bother listening to the albums, they just pick the names they've heard of.

In terms of awards being bought, I'm actual doubtful about wins being bought but nominations are a definite possibility. Jay also got a ton of nominations for his 4:44 album which also didn't generate much success or noise so a lot of people called him being the most nominated of the night into question, yet he ended up not winning a single thing. That's what told me that maybe you can only buy yourself so far, if that is indeed the case.

Funny that his wife also gets nominated a tonne but doesn't win many...

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Pray4FameGa said:

That's what I'm saying. The fact that husband and wife have similar patterns of nominations/wins can't be a coincidence. Take into consideration how their Tidal venture had to be investigated for claims of inflating the streaming numbers to make the acts look more successful only adds to this theory. Remember that Beyonce's dad used to be on the academy too (at least, I don't believe he is any longer and she did lose stuff while he was there too). It's looking highly suspicious when you put all this together. The fact Jay and Beyonce have each had 9/10 nominations each once or twice and have each been the most nominated of the night at one point (3 times in Beyonce's case) is just too coincidental. Why would the academy continuously give someone 9/10 nominations over multiple ceremonies? Surely that's just a once in a lifetime opportunity? I mean, Michael Jackson, the biggest artist of all time, only managed to be the most nominated artist once in his entire career (12 nominations in 1984). Beyonce's done it 3 times, including a year where she didn't even release an album. Something isn't adding up.

gypsy101
19 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

good job displaying your ignorance because Jay Z has 22 Grammys and Beyoncé has 24 (they also hold the record for most nominations by a man and woman respectively, he has 80 and she has 79)

Pray4FameGa
2 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

good job displaying your ignorance because Jay Z has 22 Grammys and Beyoncé has 24 (they also hold the record for most nominations by a man and woman respectively, he has 80 and she has 79)

Yes... the claim is they each have a ridiculous number of nominations and not due to merit alone. Thanks for providing evidence...

StrawberryBlond
3 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

I was talking about how many nominations you win in a single ceremony, pointing out that Jay was once nominated for 9 in one night but didn't win any and Beyonce was nominated for 9 in one night but only won 2. I assume that's what they were referring to, not overall wins. They've won many, but they've done it over time.

gypsy101
3 minutes ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Yes... the claim is they each have a ridiculous number of nominations and not due to merit alone. Thanks for providing evidence...

they both still have 46 grammys between them so...you got them?

I usually always support Bey and think yallz criticism is ridiculous of her at times BUT in this case she totally does not deserve to be the most nominated artist of the year. This is just ridiculous. 

Archived