💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

David Fincher wants to make a miniseries about cancel culture

COOOK

Featured Posts

Borislshere

🦗🦗🦗🦗

Cancel culture doesn’t even exist. No one ever stays “canceled”. Person gets exposed, person writes an apology, person goes back to living their life and the world moves on within a week. 

RahrahWitch

Not sure who he is but while cancel culture has it's flaws, Holding people accountable for their actions isn't a bad thing. Honestly the only times it ever sticks is with people who actually deserve it.

It's not about "How we measure an Apology", It's about the actions prior to that apology. An apology especially after being called out doesn't hold much weight.

Chromatislaps

I hope this documentary also shows how cancel culture has become very toxic, it started with the me-too movement that brough some good change, but it has gone to an extreme, there is no room for other views or opinions in a debate with SJWs :awkney: they literally have become the facists they so despise themselves :sweat:. It has gone to the extent that trial by law is being overruled by trial by media, which should never happen, that way you can convict people who are innocent just by swaying the masses into a certain opinion.

Head Empty
6 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Not sure who he is but while cancel culture has it's flaws, Holding people accountable for their actions isn't a bad thing. Honestly the only times it ever sticks is with people who actually deserve it.

While this has truth to it, cancel culture can do a lot of harm to people who don't "deserve" it. Whether someone is "guilty" or not, being cancelled by thousands upon thousands of people can do a lot of harm to someone's mental health. I've even heard of people being driven to suicidal thoughts because of it. Which is especially horrible when people are wrongfully accused.

A lot of the situations where people are being "cancelled", the matter at hand should be handled privately. Oftentimes the issues can't be rightfully judged by outsiders, let alone complete strangers who are playing armchair detective. Drama and "tea" become more important than actually getting to the core of the issue. Which in turn only complicates and escalates the situation for the people who are actually involved.

The only exception I can think of is when someone is being cancelled because of their role as a public figure. For example: J.K. Rowling continuing to make transphobic remarks. Because in that case, the rest of the world actually becomes involved.

Archived