💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

SEANGT
26 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Taylor coming for all Grammy categories she would be eligible for. With the exception of like 3-4 songs, I actually really enjoyed it. It feels very like Red mixed in with 1989:legend:

there's not 1 pop song with anything exciting on the entire album idk what you listened to if you think it's like either of those albums lol. I'm not trashing the album it's just not my taste. But yeah....very different. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister G
Just now, SEANGT said:

there's not 1 pop song with anything exciting on the entire album idk what you listened to if you think it's like either of those albums lol. I'm not trashing the album it's just not my taste. But yeah....very different. 

You know what it’s something different and I’m not obsessed with it but given it’s her I wanted to give it a chance. What I listened to, for the most part I enjoyed because it was actually quite relaxing and somber and sometimes that’s okay. The album isn’t going to work for everyone and that’s also okay. 

My Name Isnt Alice
8 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Let’s flashback to 2011. Adele’s 21 got a final score of 76. Born This Way got a final score of 71. 21 and Born This Way were competition for the Grammy’s for Album of the Year I believe. And as we know, Adele took home 6 awards that night. Doesn’t mean Chromatica wouldn’t be able to just because the current final score is 79. 

I'm not rooting for the awards(gags have plenty of those that she can give it away) what I'm saying is why can't critics not give gaga just a little bit of their stupid love

Maybe taylor is just not my cup of tea and I'm not a critique of songs but a critique of the critiques:shadow:

Congrats to her tho (for winning the lottery:kiss:) 

Mister G
2 minutes ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

I'm not rooting for the awards what I'm saying is why can't critics not give gaga just a little bit of their stupid love

No I get it; umm probably because she’s never been one to just give mainstream what mainstream expects from a pop artist. And I think because people want a true reiteration of The Fame Monster and everything she did between 2009 and early 2011. I mean I’ll probably get s*** for this on here but Chromatica is about as close as we’ll get to that and Born This Way without her literally repeating herself, if that makes sense.

lasagna

... how :awkney:

Spoiler

dont drag me ive seen her live i love her sm i just dont understand the praise the albums getting am i the only one who really dislikes it :selena:

human turd

Ronk

Good for Taylor.  :heart:  I hope she tours near me after the pandemic.

I live outside the space time continuum.

FfFfFfFF
16 minutes ago, lasagna said:

... how :awkney:

Reveal hidden contents

dont drag me ive seen her live i love her sm i just dont understand the praise the albums getting am i the only one who really dislikes it :selena:

I think it's a digestible and relaxing record, in a genre that is thought to be superior to electronic and pop music, more 'organic' and more likeable. Perhaps the surprise release hype contributed a bit to it. There isn't a pop stigma or anything controversial/ alienating about this album so in this sense it makes completely sense why critics are eating it up..

The Z
26 minutes ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

So you agree with chromatica's metatric score? :dom:

Did you lost your passion? :billie:

Something is called "taste", and everybody has a different one. 

Some love Chromatica, some hate it, some have a mixed opinion, and that's fine

Blastertoyo

Teal was the colour of your shirt when you were 16 at the yogurt shop 

Is a 93

:enigma:

ok 

please enlighten me to death

Aga Gydal

Deserved. The album is honestly perfect for what it is; really strong storytelling, plus folk music lends itself to favorable listening. Critics are generally less harsh toward that genre than electronic music or commercial pop. It's kind of the pop alternative to Fetch The Bolt Cutters, if anything.

I feel like both Taylor and Gaga leaned into genres this year that pull their respective strengths to the surface. Very happy with music in 2020.

lifeasgeorge

I actually really like her, but if Taylor wins a third album of the year :bear:

live and let live

Mister G
2 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

Deserved. The album is honestly perfect for what it is; really strong storytelling, plus folk music lends itself to favorable listening. Critics are generally less harsh toward that genre than electronic music or commercial pop. It's kind of the pop alternative to Fetch The Bolt Cutters, if anything.

I feel like both Taylor and Gaga leaned into genres this year that pull their respective strengths to the surface. Very happy with music in 2020.

Right? They each succeed in their own realms and this reminds me of 2010 having been a very big year in music. Careful though; we might get a Gaga and Taylor collab next. Free Mad Woman (Chromatica Folklore Megamix) :billie:

Midnight Summer

Deserved!

But I refuse to get my hopes up for the Grammys. The Grammys have been snubbing Taylor like crazy ever since she released Reputation. I feel like after she won AOY for a second time with 1989, the Grammys decided that was enough and began leaving her out in the cold. A similar thing happened to Ed Sheeran and Lorde. Both won SOY and then POOF, their next albums recieved nothing but snubs. The Grammys will literally worship the ground an artist walks on one year and then completely ignore them the next.

Also, after seeing how the Grammys completely snubbed Ariana for feuding with them a year prior, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens to Taylor. She very publicly cancelled her attendance to the Grammys right as they were going through the biggest scandal they ever experienced. The Recording Academic never forgets stuff like that.

Anyways, amazing album Miss S. I'm glad fans and critics are enjoying her new work.

FentyGa
4 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Teal was the colour of your shirt when you were 16 at the yogurt shop 

Is a 93

:enigma:

ok 

yes, and what about it:dom:

Archived