💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce sent her team to Kacey Musgraves to write songs for Cowboy Carter

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Sad 3

Roughhouse Dandy

Makes me wonder if she's gonna show up on a CC remix 👀

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • YAAAS 2

Lucas

"She sent her team to work with Kacey" yet there are people who genuinely believe that Beyonce is the mastermind behind all her songs because she has writing credits along 70 other people per album lol

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 3

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

"She sent her team to work with Kacey" yet there are people who genuinely believe that Beyonce is the mastermind behind all her songs because she has writing credits along 70 other people per album lol

Even MJ didn't write some of his bigger hits but he's still an icon. Same with Bey :gayhat:

She brings the work to life and everyone who worked got paid, right? That's all that matters :gayhat:

It is kinda ironic how CC is supposedly about her connecting to and expressing her southern roots but she got a white country artist to write some of the music :messga:

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 6

Teletubby
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

It is kinda ironic how CC is supposedly about her connecting to and expressing her southern roots but she got a white country artist to write some of the music :messga:

Beyonce.png?fit=770,442&ssl=1

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Thanks 5

PartySick
Just now, Teletubby said:

Beyonce.png?fit=770,442&ssl=1

Well clearly the hive lied to me then :gayhat:

But also, where was this message when Gaga released Joanne?

"This ain't a country album, you f*gs just hear a guitar and think 'yee haw'"

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨
  • Like 2

River
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Pretty sure she wrote this part:

Looka there, looka there
Looka, look
Looka-looka-looka-looka-looka
Looka-looka there, looka there
L-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-looka there
Oh, looka there, looka there
Looka there, looka there
L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L

:air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • LMAO 5

bionic
3 minutes ago, River said:

Pretty sure she wrote this part:

Looka there, looka there
Looka, look
Looka-looka-looka-looka-looka
Looka-looka there, looka there
L-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-looka there
Oh, looka there, looka there
Looka there, looka there
L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L

:air:

Beyonce could write Romeo & Juliet but could Shakespeare write this?

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

River
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Beyonce could write Romeo & Juliet but could Shakespeare write this?

Looka there and find out :messga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Roughhouse Dandy

The constant unprovoked drags are tired. You'd think after this long they'd start being creative, but nope! Same ones. 

Meryl Streep Miranda Priestley GIF

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

RenegAde
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

She brings the work to life and everyone who worked got paid, right? That's all that matters :gayhat:

Didn't she get called out for like the 100th time like a few weeks before CC debuted for habitually keeping publishing cheques when ideally those are supposed to go to the songs writers?

Gaga2645

Y’all gotta realize beyonce earns her credits for writing from a composition standpoint when it comes to her melodies and harmonies. Her vocal agility is unmatched in the music industry and that’s where she gets her writing credits. Every time they bring up her song writing people go straight to drags related to lyricism. Songwriting consists of both Lyrics & Composition as two separate components. 

Edited by Gaga2645
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

RenegAde
44 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Y’all gotta realize beyonce earns her credits for writing from a composition standpoint when it comes to her melodies and harmonies. Her vocal agility is unmatched in the music industry and that’s where she gets her writing credits. Every time they bring up her song writing people go straight to drags related to lyricism. Songwriting consists of both Lyrics & Composition as two separate components. 

True

but taking a song that was written years before you even came in contact with it then changing harmonies to fit your own vocals style and taste just to get a share of the profits is a bad business practice that only people with less established careers fall prey to. 

you have to consider that the publishing rights are probably the only source of income these songwriters fall back to when their songs are shopped to these industry giants. If these song writers had a union and didn't have to sign these NDAs that the carter's are notorious for then this would not be happening.

Also its comes off very disingenuous since beyonces music  started getting marketed as an ode to some important social course. case in point lemonade being directed to black women struggling with societal pressures and the whole reinassance as some great genre reclamation. It's not weird to imagine that some form of personal lyrical touch would be expected from an artist who's entire image is crafted as a matyr of these issues. 

I remember when neyo the original writer of irreplaceable went on the breakfast club and gave off the impression that beyonces version of the song was so different from his version. only for his version to leak and it ended being almost identical with just a few word changes and a vocal runs added.

these artist put themselves in these positions because rubbing elbows with the carter's is beneficial to them. But that doesn't stop us as consumers from seeing through the BS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gaga2645
18 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

True

but taking a song that was written years before you even came in contact with it then changing harmonies to fit your own vocals style and taste just to get a share of the profits is a bad business practice that only people with less established careers fall prey to. 

you have to consider that the publishing rights are probably the only source of income these songwriters fall back to when their songs are shopped to these industry giants. If these song writers had a union and didn't have to sign these NDAs that the carter's are notorious for then this would not be happening.

Also its comes off very disingenuous since beyonces music  started getting marketed as an ode to some important social course. case in point lemonade being directed to black women struggling with societal pressures and the whole reinassance as some great genre reclamation. It's not weird to imagine that some form of personal lyrical touch would be expected from an artist who's entire image is crafted as a matyr of these issues. 

I remember when neyo the original writer of irreplaceable went on the breakfast club and gave off the impression that beyonces version of the song was so different from his version. only for his version to leak and it ended being almost identical with just a few word changes and a vocal runs added.

these artist put themselves in these positions because rubbing elbows with the carter's is beneficial to them. But that doesn't stop us as consumers from seeing through the BS

What makes her music important to social issues is that fact that a black woman of her standing commercially chose to use her platform to even speak up on the social issues going on in the world at the time and has remained consistent with it. Her personal touches are her vocal inflections, which evoke emotion into the song and quite literally working alongside to make sure the lyrics are in line with the messages she wants to convey to the masses. 
I’m pretty certain her vocal runs are miles better than what Neyo’s are/were capable of which continues to go back to my original point. 

But also, while people may not have ill intentions, jokes about black people being illiterate date back to slavery and are just not funny because by default they’re rooted in racism regardless of intent. Not outright calling anybody racist because then everybody gets offended, but at the same time these jokes have run stale and just come across as if there is an underlying bias beneath it all. 
And I’m not sure if you are mentioning/shading Jolene & Blackbird, but not only do your vocal arrangements count towards songwriting bur obviously musical arrangements do as well and the two go hand in hand ; it’s a collaborative effort. 

Edited by Gaga2645
  • Like 2