Recommend an album track by any artist

qoqo

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JRCF29
8 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

I need to ask you, why are you so against Katy? 

I’m not ! I love the Teenage Dream album (but I cannot for the life of me remember a single thing about Circle the Drain atm), I really like Dark Horse, NRO is a bop, but since that song it’s been flop after flop and I think she just needs a break. I can see myself getting super excited for her comeback three years from now; but I am going to listen to smile when it drops here.

Her fans bug me too but so do a lot of Gaga’s:triggered: and no it has nothing to do with Roar vs Applause I think Roar actually deserved and I wasn’t even a stan back then- I was 10:ally: 

I also went off her on a personal level after she started judging on Idol where I find her to be obnoxious (same can be said for Luke and Lionel) and unhelpful (same can be said for Luke and Lionel.) 

I honestly think that she has to realize she’s just not relevant or top-tier anymore, and then try and re-peak via an extended hiatus and reintroduction. It’s borderline.mp3 Madonna level as far as still being around but doing very little of interest. A pop star like Katy should not be fighting to keep Daisies on the charts at this point, and it should not have peaked at 40. I’ve even heard that Smile is out in Australia and isn’t even Top 100 on iTunes there- this is a very messy and lackluster album rollout so far and it’s hard to get excited about it (especially since her last project was Witness, which was not very good at all imo)

When I saw circle the drain I assumed it was Soccer Mommy (although I actually think that’s a single) and that’s why I posted that, it was independent of Katy. 

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
16 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

breath on me - Britney spears

Touch of my hand- Britney Spears 

Don't Call Me Gaga

Gracious Gaga
Just now, JRCF29 said:

Touch of my hand- Britney Spears 

Saved you money - Colby O'Donis

Spoiler

lol I never heard this and don't feel like ever hearing it 

♥ Kindness Police.

JRCF29
2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Saved you money - Colby O'Donis

Hide contents

lol I never heard this and don't feel like ever hearing it 

Last bucko? In ya pocko?

Don't Call Me Gaga

Gracious Gaga
Just now, JRCF29 said:

Last bucko? In ya pocko?

he didn't spend the last doe in his pocko. he saved it. 

♥ Kindness Police.

Red Velvet
23 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

A pop star like Katy should not be fighting to keep Daisies on the charts at this point, and it should not have peaked at 40. I’ve even heard that Smile is out in Australia and isn’t even Top 100 on iTunes there- this is a very messy and lackluster album rollout so far and it’s hard to get excited about it (especially since her last project was Witness, which was not very good at all imo)

An artist fights for her art. A pop star shows and performs a song because she wants to. That's all I can say. I respect your opinion about it being lackluster, I do agree it's messy.

With that, we all know how hard Gaga worked and fought for ARTPOP back in 2014 with no manager, no financial stability and hate from the media, which we mustn't start arranging hate on someone who's doing the same. Katy is just wanting to give one last album, before she fades from the media, that's the best chance we can give her. 

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

JRCF29
8 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

An artist fights for her art.

For clarity: a pop star like Katy should not have to be fighting for Daisies to stay on the charts at this point 

9 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

With that, we all know how hard Gaga worked and fought for ARTPOP back in 2014 with no manager, no financial stability and hate from the media, which we mustn't start arranging hate on someone who's doing the same

The ARTPOP era was also a mess but it certainly wasn’t boring. And Gaga placed a Top 5 song from that album, as well as Dope (#8), DWUW (#14) Venus (#32), and G.U.Y (#76). It debuted at #1 with 200,000+ first week sales. She was very much a relevant artist at the time, if the record wasn’t as successful or frankly as good as her previous pop ones. Though it may have felt like it in the moment, ARTPOP was not the drop-off in Gaga’s career that Smile appears to be so far. ARTPOP was an experimental or at least a daring record, and she had to sacrifice some level of commercial success in order to put out a piece of work that she thought would have a place, if not immediately then eventually, in the examination of the intersection of art, music, and myth. Whether or not critics liked it, they do agree that it had a different sound, was an ambitious effort, and could potentially be considered, at some point, ahead of its time in terms of imagery and sound. The same cannot be said of Katy in this moment.

I know circumstances are not ideal for promotion :madge: but they weren’t for Gaga either and look what she did with ROM and the album, placing an album track on the Hot 100, dominating the Bubbling Under, international smasha 

Don't Call Me Gaga

alsemanche

:triggered:

Here's some cool tracks:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived