AlexanderMagno 10,746 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 1 hour ago, Miss Dolly said: It never once said it within the Edinburgh Agreement. However we have had a significant change. Scotland voted 62% to remain in the EU. We are getting dragged out of EU by the government we didn’t even vote for. How is that fair? This is why we need independence 17 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said: I genuinely think the UK isn't going to last much longer. A growing number of people are in support of Welsh independence, and also a growing number of people want a United Ireland. I can't see the UK lasting, especially if we leave the UK I kind of hope you are right. I love the UK, and I want to live there as an European and as much as I love English cities, I fell absolutely in love with the Wales and Scotland, I want to climb those beautiful mountains every week and the people, damn the people Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Better Day 5,766 Posted July 6, 2020 Author Share Posted July 6, 2020 12 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said: I kind of hope you are right. I love the UK, and I want to live there as an European and as much as I love English cities, I fell absolutely in love with the Wales and Scotland, I want to climb those beautiful mountains every week and the people, damn the people That would be a possibility within Scottish independence. Scottish people are just sick of the Westminster system and things are quite frankly getting worse in the U.K. We are unequally getting messed up Together You And I! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NFRatwell 23,290 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 The way the UK keeps losing Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mcphee 1,790 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 We're at a point now that there is a divide between us and England on every issue so I really do see it for us Nicola as a political leader > Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
xoxo Craig 55,649 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 20 minutes ago, mcphee said: We're at a point now that there is a divide between us and England on every issue so I really do see it for us Nicola as a political leader > You spilled End Racism Now Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Better Day 5,766 Posted July 6, 2020 Author Share Posted July 6, 2020 41 minutes ago, NFRockwell said: The way the UK keeps losing F**k the union Together You And I! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AsleepOnTheCeiling 7,054 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 Does Scotland get representation in UK parliament? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
xoxo Craig 55,649 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 15 minutes ago, justhislife said: Does Scotland get representation in UK parliament? So the way the UK parliament works is like this. There are 650 seats available: 533 are available to English constituencies that are supposed to represent England 40 goes to Welsh constituencies that are supposed to represent Wales. 59 go to Scottish constituencies that are supposed to represent Scotland. And the remaining 18 seats go to Northern Irish constituencies that are supposed represent Northern Ireland. So to answer your question, yes. We do get representation in the UK parliament, but our voice is very small. We don't get fair or equal representation. So when it comes to voting on new laws or bills, Scotland doesn't really have a say in things since it will be out voted by English PMs. End Racism Now Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bionic 50,112 Posted July 6, 2020 Share Posted July 6, 2020 2 hours ago, Miss Dolly said: We aren’t playing the victim. We think Scotland would be a better country as an independence country Not accusing you of playing victims. Modern world needs to be building up, not splitting down. Only real justification to split is when people are victims of oppression (i.e. Palestine). Small countries will be increasingly left behind. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Better Day 5,766 Posted July 6, 2020 Author Share Posted July 6, 2020 11 minutes ago, bionic said: Not accusing you of playing victims. Modern world needs to be building up, not splitting down. Only real justification to split is when people are victims of oppression (i.e. Palestine). Small countries will be increasingly left behind. Our country is getting ripped apart by our government. We were forced to leave the EU despite us voting to stay in. Our goal is to rejoin the EU as an independent country Together You And I! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.