⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Polls are showing Scottish independence is a possibility

Miss Dolly

Support for Scottish independence has surged, according to a new poll.

A new poll by Panelbase for the Sunday Times has concluded 54% of Scots are now backing independence.

Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP are heading for a landslide victory at the 2021 Holyrood elections, with the poll recording 'record' support for the party - the highest number Panelbase has concluded for the Sunday Times so far.

Source - https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18562149.support-scottish-independence-surges-new-poll-snp-look-set-landslide-victory-holyrood-elections/

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • YAAAS 4

bionic
Posted (edited)

Modern separatism if you aren't victims of oppression is a joke.

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1

AlexanderMagno

But officially they need to wait one generation to make a new referendum. Most people wanted to stay in the UK in the last 2014, and it was agreed they wouldn’t repeat it for one generation.

Miss Dolly
7 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

But officially they need to wait one generation to make a new referendum. Most people wanted to stay in the UK in the last 2014, and it was agreed they wouldn’t repeat it for one generation.

It never once said it within the Edinburgh Agreement. However we have had a significant change. Scotland voted 62% to remain in the EU. We are getting dragged out of EU by the government we didn’t even vote for. How is that fair? This is why we need independence 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Sour Candy
8 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

What a failure :bear:
A few years ago, EU obviously would hardly allow them to leave. But now when the Brexit happened, this will be their main desire 

so sweet then i get a little angry

Florin
47 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

And then UK said bye bye to EU. That changes everything.

• Thanks 1

xoxo Craig

Its going to happen... I saw another poll that predicted 64% in favour of independence, and another that of 52%... 

After the failings of the UK government, I can't see what there is left of the UK. The UK has become increasingly more right wing, more xenophobic, more racist, more backwards thinking. And while they look back, Scotland wants to look forward and be part of something bigger. Independence is what Scotland deserves 

End Racism Now
  • Love 1

xoxo Craig
Just now, Florin said:

And then UK said bye bye to EU. That changes everything.

Exactly this... Scotland was told a huge lie that if it voted to stay in the UK, it would guarantee EU membership. 2 years later, we find ourselves being dragged out of the EU because England voted to leave.

End Racism Now
  • Like 2

gagzus
Posted (edited)

Girl good escape while y’all still can because the UK is a sh*tshow especially rn when most of us gon be dead come January after a second peak 💀

Edited by gagzus
2012ga is my aesthetic

Diamond Heart

I want independence but i feel like it will forever be blocked tbh 
I just find it so infuriating that a big sway for people voting against independence was because the pro union side said Scotland would be kicked out of European Union....and then look what happened :triggered:

But baby, I just need one good one Tuesday
  • Thanks 1

xoxo Craig
51 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

42 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

It never once said it within the Edinburgh Agreement. However we have had a significant change. Scotland voted 62% to remain in the EU. We are getting dragged out of EU by the government we didn’t even vote for. How is that fair? This is why we need independence 

Basically this^

Also, it was very close and not an outright majority to stay in the UK. It was said by Alex Salmon that the vote was "one in a generation" as that was his wish. It was never ever set in stone for it to be once in a generation. 

You can't categorise "a generation" for a significant vote anyways. Its in the Northen Irish constitution that it can hold a referendum every 7 years on Irish reunification. Given that this is the time frame for Northern Ireland, why can't it be applied to Scotland too? If 7 years is a "generation" then we can hold one next year without complaints. ALSO, it was agreed by the SNP that they can hold another referendum if a material change in circumstances arises. We voted to remain in the EU, England voted to leave. Brexit is a material change in circumstances.

End Racism Now

Diamond Heart
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Wow what a 'buzz word' sentence that doesnt even apply to the situation :bradley:

But baby, I just need one good one Tuesday
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Miss Dolly
1 hour ago, bionic said:

We aren’t playing the victim. We think Scotland would be a better country as an independence country

• YAAAS 1

xoxo Craig

I genuinely think the UK isn't going to last much longer. A growing number of people are in support of Welsh independence, and also a growing number of people want a United Ireland. I can't see the UK lasting, especially if we leave the UK

End Racism Now
  • Like 1

Gimme More

I'm from England and I genuinely don't blame Scotland for wanting independence, they are getting stuck in the UK governments mess :saladga:

#FreeBritney ♡
  • Thanks 1