⛈ RAIN ON ME OUT NOW ⛈

Sign in to follow this  
society

Karens refusing to wear a face mask

COOOK
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

Actually, by wearing a mask you’re putting yourself more at risk as as breathing, coughing and sneezing is a natural way of your body releasing your own toxins, by withholding these toxins, you’re making yourself more sick..

If you're young you could even be carrying symptoms without even knowing, and that can be lethal for groups of people at risk like the elderly, if in contact

Edited by COOOK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

BellatrixLestrange
2 minutes ago, COOOK said:

If you're young you could even be carrying symptoms without even knowing, and that can be lethal for groups of people at risk like the elderly, if in contact

I’m old enough to show symptoms if I were carrying it and my mother would have had it by now.

giskardsb
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

Actually, by wearing a mask you’re putting yourself more at risk as breathing, coughing and sneezing is a natural way of your body releasing your own toxins, by withholding these toxins, you’re making yourself more sick..

you aren't withholding anything with a mask, CO2 etc all release fine, you just capture some potentially virus carrying droplets in the mask so they don't get to anyone else.   People are making up tons of excuses for not wearing masks that are invalid.

It's not like you are wearing these things 24 hours a day lol.  I doubt that the 20 minutes or so most people would be wearing a mask while interacting in groups is really going to overload your bodies "toxins".

Edited by giskardsb
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

M Monstre
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

Actually, by wearing a mask you’re putting yourself more at risk as breathing, coughing and sneezing is a natural way of your body releasing your own toxins, by withholding these toxins, you’re making yourself more sick..

Sweetie, there are literally countless tests that have been done that proves that wearing masks is safer for everyone.

Again, it's not only about keeping yourself safe, but it's keeping other people safe as well. By your logic, couldn't you also see that as a positive thing? If you're "keeping the toxins" to yourself, that means you don't cough, or sneeze, or breathe on anyone else either, which means that you more than likely won't get them sick.

Wear your mask.

Wear your mask.

Wear your mask. 

Edited by M Monstre
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

giskardsb
3 minutes ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

I’m old enough to show symptoms if I were carrying it and my mother would have had it by now.

asymptomatic carriers aren't limited to certain age ranges.

• Thanks 6

M Monstre
3 minutes ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

Many people who have it can be asymptomatic. 

Again, this is bigger than you. You may not have it, and the people you know may not have it, but that doesn't mean that you can't take the necessary precautions to make sure you don't infect yourself or other people around you.

Also..."I'm old enough to show symptoms" makes no sense. There are older people out there who can have little to no symptoms. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

giskardsb

To me it' simple consideration if nothing else.  If I have to go to a store, I'm going to interact with a cashier that sees hundreds of people a day.   Even if me wearing a mask does absolutely nothing other than making that cashier feel more secure doing her job, then I can make myself uncomfortable for 10 minutes out of the day.   It doesn't hurt me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

BellatrixLestrange
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Many people who have it can be asymptomatic. 

Again, this is bigger than you. You may not have it, and the people you know may not have it, but that doesn't mean that you can't take the necessary precautions to make sure you don't infect yourself or other people around you.

Also..."I'm old enough to show symptoms" makes no sense. There are older people out there who can have little to no symptoms. 

I’m respectful in public, I keep my distance, I don’t sneeze nor cough in public (if I do cough due to being a smoker I cover my mouth with my arm) so why do I need to wear a mask and put myself at risk of other health issues if I’m being respectful?

• Sad 2

M Monstre
1 minute ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

I’m respectful in public, I keep my distance, I don’t sneeze nor cough in public (if I do cough due to being a smoker I cover my mouth with my arm) so why do I need to wear a mask and put myself at risk of other health issues if I’m being respectful?

But why is it so difficult to do it?

Like I said, there are countless numbers of tests and studies out there that prove that wearing masks is better for everyone. There is literally no reason to not wear a mask. You not taking that very basic step is putting yourself at risk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

blankpaper
2 minutes ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

You’re not putting yourself at risk

Do you really think doctors and nurses would wear masks all day everyday if there was actually a risk 🙄 they’re fine, and you’ll be fine to wear one for 10 minutes in the store 

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

BellatrixLestrange
Just now, M Monstre said:

But why is it so difficult to do it?

Like I said, there are countless numbers of tests and studies out there that prove that wearing masks is better for everyone. There is literally no reason to not wear a mask. You not taking that very basic step is putting yourself at risk.

Okay being completely honest with you, I wear glasses 99.9% of the time, my glasses steam up when I have to wear a mask, making it difficult for me to see and I also cannot breathe through the mask due to breathing issues that I’ve always had, so why should I make it harder for myself to go about my normal day?

BellatrixLestrange
2 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

You’re not putting yourself at risk

Do you really think doctors and nurses would wear masks all day everyday if there was actually a risk 🙄 they’re fine, and you’ll be fine to wear one for 10 minutes in the store 

Comparing me (someone who only goes out to do essential shopping) to someone who works in a building full of illness is completely ridiculous, if this virus isn’t airborne like the government have been saying it isn’t, then why is it an issue being out in the open air without a mask and how does it compare to healthcare workers being directly at risk working somewhere that the virus thrives?

• Sad 2

blankpaper
1 minute ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

Comparing me (someone who only goes out to do essential shopping) to someone who works in a building full of illness is completely ridiculous, if this virus isn’t airborne like the government have been saying it isn’t, then why is it an issue being out in the open air without a mask and how does it compare to healthcare workers being directly at risk working somewhere that the virus thrives?

I’m comparing wearing a mask. If they’re fine wearing one all day every day, you’ll be fine wearing one for 10 minutes. It doesn’t create other health problems. THAT’S my point

there cannot be a hundred people in a room
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Borislshere

"I used to be free" takes me out EVERY TIME :ladyhaha:

• Like 2
  • LMAO 2

BellatrixLestrange
Just now, blankpaper said:

I’m comparing wearing a mask. If they’re fine wearing one all day every day, you’ll be fine wearing one for 10 minutes. It doesn’t create other health problems. THAT’S my point

Read my above comment, for me, it does create other health problems like my trouble breathing