Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Margot Robbie to start in pirates o the carribean movie

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga

Disney is incapable of recognizing when something is over :saladga:

PoC ended on the third movie, which was great. End thread

BoP script was mediocre, bad idea to bring her back to write this again. I thought Margot would know better :fail:

As a Margot fan I want her to succeed with this one

Harry

Hmm... Surprised that they aren't over this but I guess the last movie made a lot still even though it was a significant dip. If anyone's gonna milk it's Disney lol. Margot is great so maybe there's a decent reason behind this - but I do feel as though the whole branding of a female reboot/remake/spin-off whatever thing is a bit... lame.

Seems like this might just be a new story though? Are they branding it "female fronted" just because there is a woman at the lead or are we heading for another Ghostbusters type deal?

CautiousLurker

Honestly, I'm fine with this premise, but I have absolutely no faith in Disney being able to make this exciting - or anything really... Will probably watch it still tho, I love Margot :enigma:

Really tired of remaking movies with different  sexes/races.  It’s so pointless and bandwagony .  Create NEW art with minorities and women.   

RAMROD

It was ended after the 3rd and should have stayed that way, especially since only 1st and 2nd movies are good :bradley:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

imnotyourbabe10

I understand the critiques of these films and totally agree with MACATL' s analysis -- where is the new art that is inclusive and creates stories for marginalized groups rather than us assimilating to the original?  The quality of these films has gone downhill, for sure.

However, as a PotC fan, this is exciting.  There's something about pirate films, the blue waters, the fantasy and mythology that I personally really dig so I'm not mad at them.
Hell, I wish AHS would do something water-horror or even pirate themed.

Born This Way

I just wrote a rant that does't really apply to this article but if the only thing they hype up about it is that it's woman-centric than it does apply. But I'm hoping it won't.

Entyways, playing Harley Quinn is the only interesting thing Margot has ever done and you just know she's gonna play the equivalent of Jack Sparrow :billie: Whatever happens, it'll probably be better than the other PotC reboot. :billie: I hope her character is a lesbian/bi.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

AlexanderMagno

Margot Robbie is a hidden talent in Hollywood. He performance in "I, Tonya" truly was Oscar-worthy and even her performances in mediocre movies like "Mary Queen of Scots" is worth something. If they give her a good role, she truly delivers as an amazing actress.

Unfortunately, she seems to be completely oblivious about her own talent, that or she's simply aiming for these big-budget messes. 

Parsakaali

I hope they make this naturally female fronted without any forced "female empowerment", which has been the trend lately. I can really see this going two ways; either the way of the new Ghost Busters and Charlies Angels or hopefully it elevates the series to relevance again with actually well thought out story line and characters.

GagaSine

Ugh that franchise is so bloated. I doubt it will be good but imagine a well made movie about female pirates. It would be so hot. :enigma:

Archived