Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

30 Rock episodes featuring blackface removed from air

Cupid Boy

Featured Posts

Cupid Boy

1523406895-30rock3.jpg?crop=0.670xw:1.00

30 Rock has joined the growing list of TV series that have seen episodes removed from broadcast and streaming services for the use of blackface.

The satirical sitcom has had four of its episodes pulled from schedules, after NBCUniversal, series creator Tina Fey, and executive producer Robert Carlock backed the move.

The decision to stop the episodes from being aired or streamed comes amid an ongoing conversation about racial inequality in the US and around the world, prompted by the Black Lives Matter movement.

In a statement, Fey acknowledged that "intent is not a free pass for white people to use these images" and apologised for any "pain" the use of blackface had caused viewers.

"As we strive to do the work and do better in regards to race in America, we believe that these episodes featuring actors in race-changing make-up are best taken out of circulation," she said.

"I understand now that 'intent' is not a free pass for white people to use these images. I apologise for pain they have caused. Going forward, no comedy-loving kid needs to stumble on these tropes and be stung by their ugliness."

30rockblackface1-640x480.jpg

The episodes in question feature two examples of Jane Krakowski's character Jenna Maroney darkening her skin to appear Black, as well as a guest appearance from Jon Hamm in which his character spoofs a racist programm

Link

Helxig

I mean it was very maturely done and shows growth :shrug:  and this is exactly what we want out of this movement right? To educate people so we can do better going forward

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived