💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George

Am I the only one who feels like Bradley made ASIB only because he wanted to get that Oscar for himself? Like I watched previous versions and it was all about the star aka female star who is becoming a star and she's the main focus as it should be.. but with this version I honestly feel like he completely took the spotlight to himself and put Jackson's problems in front of Ally. Gaga felt like a supporting role IMO. I honestly feel like he wanted Gaga to play the role because he needed the movie to get more attention.. it just felt like Ally was there only for Jackson to be able to show and explain his problems.. 

Am I the only one who feels this way? Please be respectful!  No need for unnecessary arguing and stuff. I just want to hear what y'all think about this and is anyone sharing my opinions. 

ALSO I'D LIKE TO SAY that I'm absolutely thankful to Bradley because he truly helped Gaga's career. This opinion only applies to the actual movie itself. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise

I had that feeling tbh. I don't like the movie much apart from the soundtrack tho so I can't say much :lana:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

CantGetEnough

The movie was so focused on him and not Ally (the star being born...) that I found it suspect and honestly felt Gaga could've reasonably been campaigned as a supporting actress. The film very much was his journey and his point of view. 

Reality

I see what you mean, but I think he did it because he wanted to change up the story a bit. I mean, it's the 4th movie and the 3rd remake. Just retelling the same story over and over again isn't exciting or innovating. Besides, in all the other 3 versions, the male lead commits suicide. I kinda feel like in order to fully understand and appreciate the story behind why he did it, it's necessary to put the spotlight on him.

I think Gaga's role was fine; I thought she had a lot to do. It was her first major acting role and it was Bradley's directorial debut. Maybe he didn't want to put so much of an emphasis on Gaga because she's so new to acting at this caliber.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 minute ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

The movie was so focused on him and not Ally (the star being born...) that I found it suspect and honestly felt Gaga could've reasonably been campaigned as a supporting actress. The film very much was his journey and his point of view. 

That doesn't make any sense. Just because she had less to do (relative to Bradley) doesn't mean that she needs to be relegated to a supporting actress. She was the female lead of the movie.

🃏🖤👹

ThisBitch

I only saw the movie twice :ally: but in the end the soundtrack was the real selling point

Regina George
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I see what you mean, but I think he did it because he wanted to change up the story a bit. I mean, it's the 4th movie and the 3rd remake. Just retelling the same story over and over again isn't exciting or innovating. Besides, in all the other 3 versions, the male lead commits suicide. I kinda feel like in order to fully understand and appreciate the story behind why he did it, it's necessary to put the spotlight on him.

I think Gaga's role was fine; I thought she had a lot to do. It was her first major acting role and it was Bradley's directorial debut. Maybe he didn't want to put so much of an emphasis on Gaga because she's so new to acting at this caliber.

I see what you mean but everything felt like:

2 minutes ago, Skylight said:

Women as a plot device for men’s character development. 

PlasticDollGirl

No I don’t think this at all. I disagree sorry 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

ChromaticRaccoon

Remember when you got hit by a bus....

OT: I loved the way both of them were essential to the story. It pitted a star being born against a star dying, it was a lovely contrast and IMO a good representation of the music industry. 

It seemed to me, like it was implying that one day, Ally will also become forgotten as the next star is born 

Regina George
Just now, Mill said:

No I don’t think this at all. I disagree sorry 

Okay :huntyga:

CantGetEnough
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

That doesn't make any sense. Just because she had less to do (relative to Bradley) doesn't mean that she needs to be relegated to a supporting actress. She was the female lead of the movie.

I didn't say she was supporting, but could have been campaigned as supporting. It happens. And it wasn't because she had less to do, it was because her role and character were secondary to his and a plot device to further his journey in many ways. Her role is more a gray area. Just because there is a man and a woman in a movie doesn't mean they're both lead characters. In Little Women, is Timothee Chalamet a lead actor or supporting as he is the primary male character despite being secondary in many ways? It's all relative and can be twisted in terms of awards campaigning...Viola Davis campaigned lead for The Help but many people felt she could have campaigned supporting by arguing Emma Stone was the actual lead. Again, just Oscar politics, etc. 

PlasticDollGirl

The story is about an alcoholic and depression in him watching his girlfriend become a star. It’s a very deep message and storyline and obviously gaga played a main role. This is why it’s won awards! Nothing to do with what you’ve said :oprah: but I respect your opinion 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Mill said:

The story is about an alcoholic and depression in him watching his girlfriend become a star. It’s a very deep message and storyline and obviously gaga played a main role. This is why it’s won awards! Nothing to do with what you’ve said :oprah: but I respect your opinion 

But you just kinda supported my opinion by writing "The story is about an alcoholic and depression in him watching his girlfriend become a star." because that is not the official plot that was being sold to people. Official plot was "A girl becoming a star" aka A STAR IS BORN. You literally said that the story revolves around him just like I said that. Gaga played a role that supported his role in MANY ways and it can literally be a supporting role. He made that movie about himself. I don't think you understood what I wanted to say but that's okay. Also it's okay that you disagree. 

ChromaticRaccoon
17 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Like I watched previous versions

I still need to see them, which one do you recommend the most?

Archived