LGAte 1,396 Posted August 29 Share Posted August 29 I saw them last night at Blossom in Ohio and if you can make Ohio feel like a transcendental experience than you know how to PRODUCE. I was surprised by the number of young people and gays there too. But it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. Their music is soooooo good. He has such a mature yet somehow still fun aura. I love love love the idea of Gaga working with the cool cats of trance and house on her next project and taking us on a journey. I know people already are gunning for a Gaga X John Summit collab and I’d love to see her add Rüfüs Du Sol and SG Lewis into that lineup. love this! I need Gaga to make a genuine EDM future forward dance record again and I think they would make greatness together! 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blackout19 16,334 Posted August 29 Share Posted August 29 (edited) bloodpop is still better Edited August 29 by Blackout19 i am a free woman. ○● 1 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ElectricChapelR 2,411 Posted August 29 Share Posted August 29 *Gaga should * threads 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dante J 93 Posted August 29 Share Posted August 29 (edited) Who ??? Edited August 29 by Dante J Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pink Eye 4,586 Posted August 29 Share Posted August 29 Too melancholic and too white no thanks Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Killa 18,922 Posted August 29 Share Posted August 29 A bit "generic" but good quality. Def could come up with a quality track. I Just don't think Shes interested in the edm community. She could have made It her home. That bebè rehxa and Rita ora thought. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,396 Posted August 30 Author Share Posted August 30 (edited) 7 hours ago, Killa said: A bit "generic" but good quality. Def could come up with a quality track. I Just don't think Shes interested in the edm community. She could have made It her home. That bebè rehxa and Rita ora thought. This is the woman with the highest selling electronic dance album of all time, the woman behind ARTPOP which basically walked so brat could run, and the woman behind Chromatica. Let's not forget her recent work with Gesaffelstein. The idea that Gaga does not have at least a very large permanent vacation home in EDM is hilarious to me. More than Taylor, Beyonce, Rihanna, Adele, Pink, Katy.....all the big ones from her generation....she has definitely made EDM her home. I actually think it's crazy that people wouldn't want her to make more of it because it is where she honestly makes her best work. Hate me all you want. People love the slow stuff- and she is good at that too- but to act like Gaga's signature sound and core identity is not rooted in dance music and electronic production is absolutely insane to me. If you asked the common person on the street what type of music does Lady Gaga make- they'd say dance pop- which is mostly produced using electronica. Not to mention it's really truly the only genre that she always comes back to. And EDM has evolved enough since Chromatica that I think a 2027-2029 electronic album would be great. Edited August 30 by LGAte Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,396 Posted August 30 Author Share Posted August 30 14 hours ago, Pink Eye said: Too melancholic and too white no thanks Obviously you listened to like two songs because they definitely have huge dark and then dancey groovy uptempo stuff all over their discography. The white part...I can't help. Nor do I know what that means. Most of this sound was invented by black queer people. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,396 Posted August 30 Author Share Posted August 30 16 hours ago, Dante J said: Who ??? They're actually huge right now and had a massive crowd. We were in Ohio and there were 10,000 there at least to see them. They pull big numbers. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,396 Posted August 30 Author Share Posted August 30 17 hours ago, ElectricChapelR said: *Gaga should * threads I don't think people mean this in a "I'm gonna tell Gaga what to do way", but in some parts of the midwest people say this in a more "excited" and "positive" way.... "Oh you should definitely do that! You'd be great at it!" is more how it was meant. Not in the negative way you might have read it. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,396 Posted August 30 Author Share Posted August 30 17 hours ago, Blackout19 said: bloodpop is still better Wasn't even really thinking about comparing and I definitely think Bloodpop's productions on Chromatica are like honey on my ears. But Rufus Du Sol has a much more intrepid sound, than Bloodpop. So I wouldn't even compare the two. BloodPop’s Gaga production can be pristine, referential, immediate, pop-literate. It understands the framework of pop music well and makes it gleam seamlessly. RÜFÜS DU SOL feels more expansive: production that seems interested in creating an environment rather than simply constructing a great pop record. There’s more space, atmosphere, gradual evolution, texture, and willingness to let a song go somewhere. And I think I'd like to see Gaga do a dance record like that because quite frankly I think she has not done any album like that yet. Even Mayhem seems very bullet-pointy to me as you sift through the tracks. I think a nice contrast would be something that feels like a breeze traveling through a new world. Something that howls in parts and breaths in others. Something that feels connected but big. I guess I want her to make a less-pop Bad Romance kind of song. Songs that sound BIG but don't necessarily rely on pop formula as much and showcases her writing again and her storytelling a little more. Rufus Du Sol is perfect for that because they can serve that big picture of an album but I think they also could still incorporate something that would be hit-worthy in a different kind of way for her. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,396 Posted August 30 Author Share Posted August 30 I remember when alot of fans on here back in the day were much more positive and had much more vision, but it seems like people just want Gaga to release formulaic stuff that is likeable. I wish the fans would support her working with all sorts of producers (and maybe some that are actually well liked right now). It's kind of ironic because there is this hatred towards alot of the BIG EDM producers right now on this site and I don't get it. They are the least problematic and perhaps the most risk-taking electronic producers in a long time and I just want to see Gaga tap into that in a real genuine way. Apparently you all want Gaga to just repeat Mayhem, jazz, and ballads over and over again because thats what is popular right now. I don't like Lady Gaga because she follows trends. One of the main reasons I have liked Lady Gaga all these years is because she breaks them. 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.