Guest Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 13 minutes ago, Florin said: EU should have done more, but why not those particular countries? It's stupid to blame the EU, but yeah politicians will do that because it was always easy to blame someone else. Because if EU can't do that, then what does EU stand for anymore? This virus put EU solidarity to the test and it failed, and will continue to fail. I am not going to be surprised when Italy question that when this is over. It might sound dramatic, but it might change a lot of things in the future... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HookerOnAChurch 6,799 Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 Sadly it's true. They had taken advantage of the Prime Minister's decree that imposed the closure of bars and restaurants to steal food and drinks on several occasions in a Chinese restaurant. Two people with precedents, 60 and 30, were arrested and placed under house arrest on charges of theft. In particular, the younger one entered the restaurant on two separate occasions but while in the first circumstance he managed to take away various food products in the second, despite the closure of the restaurant and the denunciation of what had happened previously, they were surprised by some employees and by the managers who alerted the police and the private security service. Their escape attempt failed and the two, who had attempted an escape, were joined and immobilized by the military. Unfortunately here in Italy these episodes are spreading rapidly.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 23 minutes ago, kyanewest said: Because if EU can't do that, then what does EU stand for anymore? This virus put EU solidarity to the test and it failed, and will continue to fail. I am not going to be surprised when Italy question that when this is over. It might sound dramatic, but it might change a lot of things in the future... Except Germany, who offered some help, all the other countries are trying to not go in Italy and Spain direction. U can offer help, when you dont need it yourself. EU cant even enforce the measures. That's why every country does what it thinks it is best. You wont know who did good or bad until this will end. That's why I've said that it is stupid to blame the EU. Every country did what they wanted. Their politicians should take the blame, if there is some blame to take. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 11 minutes ago, Florin said: Except Germany, who offered some help, all the other countries are trying to not go in Italy and Spain direction. U can offer help, when you dont need it yourself. EU cant even enforce the measures. That's why every country does what it thinks it is best. You wont know who did good or bad until this will end. That's why I've said that it is stupid to blame the EU. Every country did what they wanted. Their politicians should take the blame, if there is some blame to take. There's nothing that breaks my heart more than seeing Italy and Spain suffer and nobody helps and we're right there close to them... it's embarassing. But I get what ur saying Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 10 hours ago, Economy said: I guess cuz #1 there's a delay in benefit payouts #2 the benefits almost never fully make up for actual pay from work #3 these measures don't account for everyone in every circumstance so there will be ppl in a very tough spot 1. Yes, that’s how unemployment benefits work. It isn’t immediate. 2. Of course they don’t. They never have. Thankfully, if you can delay paying your rent/mortgage, car payment and student loans - that gives you money for food and survival. 3. No one said they did. That’s why churches, sports teams, businesses, etc. are stepping up to donate to Food Banks or get food to those in need. That’s why I asked about churches in Italy. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,171 Posted March 30, 2020 Author Share Posted March 30, 2020 2 minutes ago, Whispering said: 1. Yes, that’s how unemployment benefits work. It isn’t immediate. 2. Of course they don’t. They never have. Thankfully, if you can delay paying your rent/mortgage, car payment and student loans - that gives you money for food and survival. 3. No one said they did. That’s why churches, sports teams, businesses, etc. are stepping up to donate to Food Banks or get food to those in need. That’s why I asked about churches in Italy. No I get that. I'm just saying some ppl are overstating how easy these Government measures will make it for ppl For example me... My layoff happened shortly before Covid-19 broke out when unemployment was low which means I only get 3 months EI and then it's done. And right now it's almost impossible to find any work the way most of the economy is stopped So, very soon I'll have 0 income and my car payments, phone bills and stuff will all have to be on credit There's always ppl in circumstances like mine that get left out by these Government measures. Canada has made no mention or even acknowledged ppl that were on EI before this happened and therefore are entitled to very little time (because the time u get is determined based on economic conditions at the time of application) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 3 minutes ago, Economy said: No I get that. I'm just saying some ppl are overstating how easy these Government measures will make it for ppl For example me... My layoff happened shortly before Covid-19 broke out when unemployment was low which means I only get 3 months EI and then it's done. And right now it's almost impossible to find any work the way most of the economy is stopped So, very soon I'll have 0 income and my car payments, phone bills and stuff will all have to be on credit There's always ppl in circumstances like mine that get left out by these Government measures. Canada has made no mention or even acknowledged ppl that were on EI before this happened and therefore are entitled to very little time (because the time u get is determined based on economic conditions at the time of application) Have you tried to apply for the extended unemployment? Two weeks is close enough to make a case for a lay-off due to economic fallout from the virus. Have you contacted your bank about your car loan? Aren’t they willing to work with you? You’ve had a savings account and checking account and have been paying on your car for a while. They would rather extend help to good customers than reposes thousands of cars that no one will be in a position to purchase right now. Thankfully, you live with your parents. That can help you get through a few months. Costco, Grocery Stores, Food Delivery Services, Amazon And Pizza places are hiring hundreds of thousands of people. After your unemployment runs out, maybe you can get a temporary job at places comparable to these in Canada to help pay for food. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,171 Posted March 30, 2020 Author Share Posted March 30, 2020 13 minutes ago, Whispering said: Have you tried to apply for the extended unemployment? Two weeks is close enough to make a case for a lay-off due to economic fallout from the virus. Have you contacted your bank about your car loan? Aren’t they willing to work with you? You’ve had a savings account and checking account and have been paying on your car for a while. They would rather extend help to good customers than reposes thousands of cars that no one will be in a position to purchase right now. Thankfully, you live with your parents. That can help you get through a few months. Costco, Grocery Stores, Food Delivery Services, Amazon And Pizza places are hiring hundreds of thousands of people. After your unemployment runs out, maybe you can get a temporary job at places comparable to these in Canada to help pay for food. I've tried but the lines are completely saturated both for Government lines and banks Yesterday I spent 4.5 hours with my phone trying to get to bank and then I had to drive my mom to the grocery store so I'm like I guess I'll have to try again later And yeah I've been applying to stuff like warehouse or construction which normally is easy to get but no one keeps getting back to me. Either a lot of ppl are competing for positions right now or my luck has just been terrible cuz these are usually easy jobs to get in my area U would think having kept the same job for 8.5 years would look good in a resume At least my parents said when my EI expires they will temporarily wave my rent and Grocery contributions until I get a job so that's one weight off my back More worried about car bills, phone and debt interest. That's still several hundred dollars a month I gotta worry about which I might have no choice but to put on credit if I don't find work soon Right now after rent, grocery contributions and bills in only able to pay some $200 to $300 a month off debt Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Whispering 18,865 Posted March 30, 2020 Share Posted March 30, 2020 1 minute ago, Economy said: I've tried but the lines are completely saturated both for Government lines and banks Yesterday I spent 4.5 hours with my phone trying to get to bank and then I had to drive my mom to the grocery store so I'm like I guess I'll have to try again later And yeah I've been applying to stuff like warehouse or construction which normally is easy to get but no one keeps getting back to me. Either a lot of ppl are competing for positions right now or my luck has just been terrible cuz these are usually easy jobs to get in my area U would think having kept the same job for 8.5 years would look good in a resume You’ll have to keep trying your bank or lender, as the call volume will be high. Why is your mom going to the grocery store? Get her to make a list and go for her! Have you tried food delivery services, grocery stores? They are hiring constantly. Keep trying with these types of places. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,171 Posted March 30, 2020 Author Share Posted March 30, 2020 6 minutes ago, Whispering said: You’ll have to keep trying your bank or lender, as the call volume will be high. Why is your mom going to the grocery store? Get her to make a list and go for her! Have you tried food delivery services, grocery stores? They are hiring constantly. Keep trying with these types of places. She likes to do it herself and doesn't trust ppl in the house to do it correctly or get the right amount or the right brands. She also doesn't trust us to not touch our faces and get infected im trying. Food delivery like Uber eats my car is too old but trying stuff like pizza delivery which u don't have to use ur own car my parents did say once my EI ends if worse comes to worse they will temporarily wave my rent and Grocery contributions until I get a job so that's at least one weight off my back Now I'm moremore just worried about car bills, phone, medical bills and debt interest It's still several hundred dollars of bills a month even if my rent and Grocery gets waved so the prospect of 0 income soon is giving me anxiety 😬 im gonna apply for Amazon today they posted on indeed for my city Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.