Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
question

Experiences with Reshipping services


Idefix1999
 Share

Featured Posts

Idefix1999

Hi everyone,

for several years it has been bugging me that a lot of physical releases are not available in the EU or Germany. Like for Miley's last album there are several US-only variants. The ones sold on her EU store were sold out fast and never restocked. Or like sudden restocks of stuff on the Taylor Swift store... and especially I'd like to get a full sized signed insert for the next Gaga release, since the EU always gets the small ones.

That's why I would like to try a reshipping service as I have been reading users talking about it on Instagram. I have never done this before (nor used a VPN to order from the US), so I'd ask for some experience from users on here.

The first results are shipito and MyUs (which you can also use for the UK). You sign up and get a virtual US or UK address and use this one for your order in the stores. The address is at a warehouse, from where the package gets shipped to my original address in Germany. Of course in between there's additional shipping costs and I'm still clueless about the whole costums situation. You are told "just fill out the forms and you will have your package in a few days". Also the reviews on Trustpilot always reach from the worst to best experiences so I can not paint a picture about the reliability of these services.

Has anyone on here done this before? Are these services trustworthy? How does it work, especially with costums?

I guess it often depends on what you order. In my case it would "just" be records and CDs.

Any reports of experiences, suggestion for other services or ideas how to buy US-only releases from Germany are much appreciated! 

Or do I need so look for somebody from the US who can order it to his or her address and then forward it to me privately?

Thanks y'all and have a great day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...