💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

:emo: omg what is it going to be next week

:giveup: lord

it might stay in the top 60 if it stays in the top 10 for the rest of the week. 

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edited the OP just as a reminder that for years (until 2012), this thread was generally focused on Gaga and random arguments about other artists/etc. was not the norm. That'll be the case again in a few months. :)

August is getting nearer and nearer. In little time, we'd soon be seeing Gaga once again in the Billboard charts. Finally.  :excited:

hausofmike

Things didn't really pick up until Sunday. Top 30/40 looking promising

Americano

August is getting nearer and nearer. In little time, we'd soon be seeing Gaga once again in the Billboard charts. Finally.  :excited:

In charts terms, we're less than one single cycle away! So very close if you think about it that way.

I'm also happy to see this thread focus on her again, I'm growing impatient with how it's become a stan war constantly between different artists or just random posts about "faves."

Moderators used to crack down on that when Gaga had music out, and I'm gonna have them do it again in August.

Tommymonster44

Jhony is always overdramatic about everything.

It really breaks my heart to see Selena beat Demi so easily. Heart Attack is like a thousand times better song than C&GI. There's no comparison. Her voice, the production, the lyrics - it's such a better song.

Here's just my personal reaction after listening to both of the songs. Two things stand out that are hurting Demi:

1) She really needs better lyrics.  Maybe they work for middle school girls, but they are so corny and lacking of any sort of flow to be appropriate for the pop/chr format.  Not that Come and Get it is a lyrical masterpiece, but they are at least catchy and have a flow. Heart Attack just comes off as very fragmented and corny.

2) Her production is unoriginal.  Come and Get it has that fun Indian twist that separates it from the competition.  Heart Attack has a great production, but it doesn't stand out. Again, Come and Get It isn't some innovative masterpiece, but it has enough of a creative twist for people to crave it's specific sound.  

I'd also like to add that Demi ran into some bad luck with her marketing campaign.  Her streamlined, industrial look is turning out to be a lot more polarizing than expected.  I personally love it, but I know a lot of people that hate it. Of course, the music is what will decide things at the end of the day. But having a well received fashion sense and cover art will only help.]

Edit: After reading some comments, I think it's only fair to offer a thread for all charting discussion, even when Gaga's music is charting.  Some of us do actually enjoy talking about the charts beyond stan wars. 

Further Edit to give and update on Crazy Kids:

It's had 14 pop adds this week.

Pop:

42 37  KE$HA Crazy Kids 1116 795 321 5.068

+87 spins

+22 bullet

+0.279 audience

We're back to a positive bullet!

286. Ke$ha - Crazy Kids (feat. will.i.am)

365. Ke$ha - Crazy Kids

It's remix, the one that has already been sent to the radio, is falling dramatically while the original is gaining steam.  This only confirms the popular opinion that the remix isn't good.  

The brand new remix, not purchased by the hundreds of thousands of fans that bought the album could be falling to the original that doesn't have this support.  Let's also keep in mind that the remix is the one being played on pop radio, yet listeners are still buying the original. That really says a lot.

Ozzy8923

This era, I really hope GaGa has a hit as big as, if not bigger than, Thrift Shop. It's undoubtedly the biggest song of the year so far, and I hope GaGa can top it in that sense. She hasn't had a hit of that caliber in what seems like ages.

Y'all have unreasonably high expectations. 

EDIT: My 5000th POST! :party:

Tommymonster44

I agree. I hope everyone realizes that it's very possible that the ARTPOP era may not be dominated by massively successful singles.  So far we've only seen the "it girl" Gaga that every radio DJ worships, single buyers flock to, and the media eats up.  There will come a point, either this album or later, where she'll transition into a more realistic and sustainable career pattern.  

This could especially be true this era, as Gaga has already said she will not cater to mainstream demand, will not create generic pop songs, and will be exploring EDM.  The EDM genre has yet to pull a massively successful single on digital and radio.  This could be the era that Gaga shows that she's here for the long run by demonstrating a strong fan following and creative growth. An albums success cannot be judged merely by it's singles.  It's even sillier to base an artists entire career off of this criteria. 

Pop Art

That's why I said "I hope" not 'I expect' though.  :sweat: I'm not expecting anything that big, although it would be delightful!

Dangerous Man

Radios haven't really supported Gaga. :emo:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Ozzy8923

I agree. I hope everyone realizes that it's very possible that the ARTPOP era may not be dominated by massively successful singles.  So far we've only seen the "it girl" Gaga that every radio DJ worships, single buyers flock to, and the media eats up.  There will come a point, either this album or later, where she'll transition into a more realistic and sustainable career pattern.  

This could especially be true this era, as Gaga has already said she will not cater to mainstream demand, will not create generic pop songs, and will be exploring EDM.  The EDM genre has yet to pull a massively successful single on digital and radio.  This could be the era that Gaga shows that she's here for the long run by demonstrating a strong fan following and creative growth. An albums success cannot be judged merely by it's singles.  It's even sillier to base an artists entire career off of this criteria. 

Gaga's at the point in her career where she won't experience massive, complete domination in all areas but, like you said, sustainable career success. Everyone reaches that point and I think either with ARTPOP or after it, Gaga's time will come too. Nothing to really worry about, seeing as it's really just a standard career pattern for most artists. 

I think ARTPOP won't do BTW #'s, so I'd expect around 4M-6M (which are great #'s in today's market!). There's always the possibility that she can pass BTW's sales, but with the dwindling music market and the larger break between this album and the last one, it might not be as plausible. 

As for singles, I'd aim for 3 Top 10's, and 1 #1. That seems to be the standard for most albums right now. 

Radios haven't really supported Gaga. :emo:

She compensates her lack of extensive radio airplay with more impressive digital sales performance. See: Y&I. 

nick4bty

Here's just my personal reaction after listening to both of the songs. Two things stand out that are hurting Demi:

1) She really needs better lyrics.  Maybe they work for middle school girls, but they are so corny and lacking of any sort of flow to be appropriate for the pop/chr format.  Not that Come and Get it is a lyrical masterpiece, but they are at least catchy and have a flow. Heart Attack just comes off as very fragmented and corny.

2) Her production is unoriginal.  Come and Get it has that fun Indian twist that separates it from the competition.  Heart Attack has a great production, but it doesn't stand out. Again, Come and Get It isn't some innovative masterpiece, but it has enough of a creative twist for people to crave it's specific sound.  

I'd also like to add that Demi ran into some bad luck with her marketing campaign.  Her streamlined, industrial look is turning out to be a lot more polarizing than expected.  I personally love it, but I know a lot of people that hate it. Of course, the music is what will decide things at the end of the day. But having a well received fashion sense and cover art will only help.]

Edit: After reading some comments, I think it's only fair to offer a thread for all charting discussion, even when Gaga's music is charting.  Some of us do actually enjoy talking about the charts beyond stan wars. 

Further Edit to give and update on Crazy Kids:

It's had 14 pop adds this week.

Pop:

42 37  KE$HA Crazy Kids 1116 795 321 5.068

+87 spins

+22 bullet

+0.279 audience

We're back to a positive bullet!

286. Ke$ha - Crazy Kids (feat. will.i.am)

365. Ke$ha - Crazy Kids

It's remix, the one that has already been sent to the radio, is falling dramatically while the original is gaining steam.  This only confirms the popular opinion that the remix isn't good.  

The brand new remix, not purchased by the hundreds of thousands of fans that bought the album could be falling to the original that doesn't have this support.  Let's also keep in mind that the remix is the one being played on pop radio, yet listeners are still buying the original. That really says a lot.

I'll disagree with your a--lysis of Heart Attack, but respect it. Neither song is a masterpiece.

I agree with you on Crazy Kids - they should've just sent the original to radio and released the remix for ****s and giggles down the road. Do we have any idea if radio is playing the original at all, or if they are just playing the remix? It does seem like the original is gaining some steam.

nick4bty

I'm growing impatient with how it's become a stan war constantly between different artists or just random posts about "faves."

Moderators used to crack down on that when Gaga had music out, and I'm gonna have them do it again in August.

Thank the lord. By the day, this thread is becoming nothing more than people posting about or defending their "faves" in every single post they make, and to have to read through that clutter is extremely annoying. The flame bait also seems to be increasing. I want to discuss the charts, not sit and read why one artist's song is amazing and then watch 5 other people agree in secession. Honestly, this is a problem that should've been monitored and controlled a long time ago, because it's only getting worse.

Ozzy8923

Thank the lord. By the day, this thread is becoming nothing more than people posting about or defending their "faves" in every single post they make, and to have to read through that clutter is extremely annoying.

I legit STRUGGLED reading all of today's post when I got home.

nick4bty

It was really bad today, not gonna lie lol. I didn't even get through all the posts - and then I come back like 3 hours later and there's 3 brand new pages. Oy vey. 

i know right when i wake up in the morning there is like 10 pages to read

Archived