💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

GlitterGrease

It didnt break the debut record. She had already gone plat. before going #1

Pink Friday debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200 chart, with first-week sales of 375,000 copies: this marked the second-highest sales week for a female hip hop recording artist, behind Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill in 1998.[56] In its first month, the album sold 1,035,000 copies and remained in the top 10 of the Billboard 200.[57] In its eleventh week on the chart, the album sold 45,000 copies and topped the Billboard 200.[58] As of February 2012, the album has sold 1,774,000 copies in the United States.[59]

mhm the qween Necki broke the record for lowest #1 debut eveh

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WarriorPrince

Oh please. As if 260K is a good number. It's a flop. Period.

Y'all need to take your delusion to ATRL.

He always seems awkward. I don't know how to explain it lol

i love how awkward he looks here  :deadbanana:

Arturo

Do you not realize that like 5% of people in the music industry are able to sell 1+ million of a single album? It's such a small number compared to the artists who sell even less than Kesha. 260,000 is actually really good for the music industry, and although it didn't sell as much as Animal or Cannibal, it undoubtedly was profitable for RCA and Kesha, and on top of that, she managed to get a single hit #2 on the Hot 100 and another one go Top 40. In this little universe, that's a flop. To the rest of the music business, it isn't.

We're just so used to comparing Gaga to Rihanna to Katy to etc. that we look at a number like 260,000 and immediately go "flop," when in fact, it really isn't a flop by any means at all.

That's the most frustrating thing about this board. Everyone thinks they know so much about the music industry when really, most of the people here don't know ****. It's one thing to discuss the chart, but it's another thing to laugh at someone for defending an album that sold 250,000. Certifications don't mean **** either, so don't go throwing that around. So many Grammy awarding winning artists are continuing to release albums, put out music, tour, and have a career by selling less than 260,000.

I can't help but laugh at everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about. I think everyone needs to take a seat and shut the **** up. Go follow someone that isn't a pop star - you'll find out that selling less than 100,000 is still considered good. 

Hm, I guess I agree to a certain extant.

People view MTN's Gold certification like its worth nothing just because it flopped, but in fact, it's something. :p

WarriorPrince

Everyone can get a Gold certification for a single nowadays tho.

Unless we're talking about not commercial acts like Lana, Marina and Azealia. But if we want to talk about people that are relevant to pop culture then we shouldnt be comparing stuff in an unfair way. It's not unfair to compare Ke$ha to other top 40 artists because Ke$ha IS a top 40 artist.

hausofmike

Lana Del Slay slaying your fave :classy:

If I hear this one more God damn time, I'm going to blow my brains out. :emma:

hausofmike

:classy:

With all versions combined, Y&B is selling more than #Beautiful  :lmao: 

#Beautiful is already tanking :smh:

LANA EARNS NEW ITUNES PEAK

:legend:

Runway

With all versions combined, Y&B is selling more than #Beautiful :lmao:

Young & Powerful scalping effortlessly :ray:

jhonyguy04

yeah Mariah is flopping with Kesha.....

wow at Lana. finally she might become relevant after all this time. even if its for a little while. 

Sexxx

Young And Beautiful must have a pretty big presence in the movie, going by the position it's in right now

EarnYourLeather

Expecting Mariah to flop.

She's over 40, and at that point, her age is playing against her. Top tens become harder and harder...

WarriorPrince

Imo Jessica Sanchez version of Clarity from Glee is better than Foxes official version.

Sometimes Glee does it better

Ray of Light

Lana has music sale power, we've known this. It's been shoved down our throats every single millisecond of a Lana discussion. I just hope her airplay/streaming increases too. Her vids get decent views tho.

Archived