💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

EarnYourLeather

I'd really still love an explanation from people that hate it so much as to how they'd plan to take into account someone that has Spotify and listens to a single 800 times. In what world would it be fair to NOT count that as anything for a star in terms of sales?

They receive royalties based on the plays and it got played as much, or more, than if it were purchased. Especially if the person uses Spotify premium or Youtube's new subscription service, the user themselves is actually paying for the music directly just like a sale.

It comes down to cold hard cash. It's very different if someone is willing to pay the dollar and some change rather than just stream it from something like Spotify. There is more value in purchasing a song rather than just streaming it. 

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

It comes down to cold hard cash. It's very different if someone is willing to pay the dollar and some change rather than just stream it from something like Spotify. There is more value in purchasing a song rather than just streaming it. 

Not if you're getting a subscription, which they're introducing on VEVO too. It's essentially like paying for music in bulk.

You shouldn't need to pay a "certain amount" for a sale to count, especially considering digital media is overpriced already.

EarnYourLeather

Not if you're getting a subscription, which they're introducing on VEVO too. It's essentially like paying for music in bulk.

You shouldn't need to pay a "certain amount" for a sale to count, especially considering digital media is overpriced already.

I have a Spotify account, and I listen to songs that I MAY have interest in. It doesn't mean I necessarily like the song or think it's quality music.

If I really fall in love the song, I buy it. It's WORTHY of my cash. 

I see your point, and you have a valid one; however, I think you're reaching.   :hor:

Americano

I know but from my end, I have Spotify premium and haven't bought music in an iTunes sense in years. I don't even have it downloaded.

But, I play Judas etc. nonstop like I did have it purchased on iTunes since it's on my phone with premium's service. Shouldn't that count for something? I'm paying, it's partly going to the artist, and it's my form of purchasing the music.

I also see the concern that it can be inflated and that it's messing with rather "prestigious" certifications, so I agree with you in that sense.

Jjang

Is Gaga the first female with a solo diamond single?

iS7YQq0FGP2Im.gif

Wait then,I love the new rule.

iS7YQq0FGP2Im.gif

Americano

Her mega hit going diamond and her flop going platinum in the same day

iS7YQq0FGP2Im.gif

EarnYourLeather

I know but from my end, I have Spotify premium and haven't bought music in an iTunes sense in years. I don't even have it downloaded.

But, I play Judas etc. nonstop like I did have it purchased on iTunes since it's on my phone with premium's service. Shouldn't that count for something? I'm paying, it's partly going to the artist, and it's my form of purchasing the music.

I also see the concern that it can be inflated and that it's messing with rather "prestigious" certifications, so I agree with you in that sense.

It should, and it does. It helps the artist on the Billboard charts. :-P

I'm calling this one a draw. Both ends have their pros and cons. I truly see both sides of it.

EDIT: You know what? They should have streaming certifications. 

Americano

I see your side of it too..

Luckily my side prevailed :hehe:

:hug:

Freddy

ARTPOP will destroy the charts even more with this new rule. 

-Bad Romance is the most certified single by a solo female artist

-Marry the Night is now platinum

-Gaga is 13th platinum singles in a row

I so like the fact that she's an even bigger singles artists now AND she can tour like crazy, already grossing 400m at 27.

Mills

Radioactive and Mirrors are still in the top 10 of iTunes. Keep that sales longevity going.  :clap:

Essence

ARTPOP will destroy the charts even more with this new rule. 

-Bad Romance is the most certified single by a solo female artist

-Marry the Night is now platinum

-Gaga is 13th platinum singles in a row

I so like the fact that she's an even bigger singles artists now AND she can tour like crazy, already grossing 400m at 27.

Yesssss!

Slayga

Slayga

SLAYGA

Mills

Speaking of the new RIAA change, I could not find the right word for the fact that Justin Bieber's Baby could now be called as a 12x platinum smash. 

Americano

As much as I hate him, I actually think the ACTUAL mega-stars are showing with the change.

Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Rihanna are all the big gainers and they are all the true mega-stars in the industry right now.

iNgL2e3LviSkh.gif

Fizzy

I can't wait for Next Week , Come & Get It will finally be Selena's first top 10! And most likely peak higher than Demi's highest peaking song, This Is Me ft. Joe Jonas! ;)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Archived