Taylor Swift to receive 2020 GLAAD Vanguard Award

GAGAVENUS

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, GAGAVENUS said:

https://twitter.com/glaad/status/1214539614591094789?s=20

Wanted to know all your thoughts on this. I really love Taylor and all she's done for the community, but I can't help but think that other people are more of a vanguard than she is in this area.

Before Gaga? What planet is GLAAD on, I wonder... Lover is overhyped and ASIB outsold, rest my case. Gaga still deserves this award before anyone else.

Chickens in Malibu

A certain lady releases a whole album about LGBT rights in 2011 at a time when it was unpopular and politically inconvenient to support gays

*gets ignored by GLAAD*

Another lady ignores LGBT rights for years and avoids even talking about them until 2019 when it already became mainstream and popular to support LGBT rights anyway

*receives GLAAD vanguard award*

Honestly **** off. This **** organization doesn't represent us. Gaga should've been the first to receive this. She was the bravest in her fight for LGBT rights. It even hurt her reputation back then among traditionalists and conservative who would rather listen to TS for example.

If they ever offer it to Gaga, she should straight up decline, and publicly!

She doesn't need their stamp of approval 10 years later. She doesn't need this cheap award to prove she's an ally to the LGBT community. She's already done that 10 years ago.

Guillaume Hamon
21 hours ago, Ryusei said:

Yeah let's just hate on someone who supports "us" (which i guess is most of us) and do what stan gays are trained to do, tear her down because there are others who deserve it more blabla. 

Like, be greatful that celebrities are openly supporting the LGBTQ+ community, we have bigger fish to fry than to hate on someone getting an award. + knowing Taylor she won't stop here, she always supports causes dear to her and sticks with them. 

Hating on her for receiving this is just pathetic.

Saying you think it's not merited is not "hating" it's an opinion.  Going on her page and insulting her for that would be hating lol but folks can still think it's not given for merit and that's not hate.

I don't get why folks call it "hate" every time someone disagree with a win for their fav. These same folks will also say it if they regret that it's not X or W who got the Oscar, Grammy etc...

Guillaume Hamon
32 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

A certain lady releases a whole album about LGBT rights in 2011 at a time when it was unpopular and politically inconvenient to support gays

*gets ignored by GLAAD*

Another lady ignores LGBT rights for years and avoids even talking about them until 2019 when it already became mainstream and popular to support LGBT rights anyway

*receives GLAAD vanguard award*

Honestly **** off. This **** organization doesn't represent us. Gaga should've been the first to receive this. She was the bravest in her fight for LGBT rights. It even hurt her reputation back then among traditionalists and conservative who would rather listen to TS for example.

If they ever offer it to Gaga, she should straight up decline, and publicly!

She doesn't need their stamp of approval 10 years later. She doesn't need this cheap award to prove she's an ally to the LGBT community. She's already done that 10 years ago.

I believe that it's for allies of the LGBT community so they won't give it to gaga since she's bi therefore part of the LGBT community and not one of its allies.

The only reason I see..

Lucas

Honestly why are you all so mad about it, who else who is 100% straight deserve it more ? 
Taylor maybe started showing support only 1/2 year ago but she's doing more than any straight popular artist I can think of

Daylight Jokers
3 hours ago, Mitosisoffuture said:

👀

Um... you didn't actually get what he said lol.

Ziggy
On 1/7/2020 at 11:53 AM, Ryusei said:

Yeah let's just hate on someone who supports "us" (which i guess is most of us) and do what stan gays are trained to do, tear her down because there are others who deserve it more blabla. 

Like, be greatful that celebrities are openly supporting the LGBTQ+ community, we have bigger fish to fry than to hate on someone getting an award. + knowing Taylor she won't stop here, she always supports causes dear to her and sticks with them. 

Hating on her for receiving this is just pathetic.

Yo that “grateful” ish just perpetuates this supremacy structure that says we ought to lick the boots of anyone who glances our way. They’re not better than us, we don’t have to be grateful when it took a long time for her to come around. Be glad, sure, but grateful? That implies that we weren’t already deserving of support. The queer community can and should *appreciate* allies, but we don’t need to kiss the ground they walked on for slapping on a rainbow and adding “shade” to their vernacular. That goes beyond stan stuff, it’s a principal of active queer politics. I’m glad she’s supportive, I’m not grateful for it, though.

(but as far as her getting an award that’s a whatever nothingburger so I agree with you there).

Welcome.to New York was written in the wake of the state passing the bill on same-sex marriage. So no she didn't just start this year...

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

I honestly half feel it's just because she name dropped them in the song . . .

Oh come on now, where have you been the past 13 months?!

She might have just doing this recently but she have done majorly enough.

She have started Support Equality Act petition to USA Senate which  on Change.Org, to urge the Senate to pass the bill. And it succeeded in historic vote, and the bill was passed. And she openly calling out Trump on ignoring the bill beforehand on VMA 2019.

https://www.change.org/p/support-the-equality-act

https://www.out.com/politics/2019/5/17/equality-act-passes-house-senate-trump

She have also donates money to fight against homophobic bills in Tennessee

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2019/apr/09/taylor-swift-donates-113-000-fight-anti-lgbt-bills-tennessee

She isn't just all talk like some celebs out there. She actually helped. She did something. She uses her stardom to give influence for good things. And how you wanna see her motivation is, that is your own problem. But still, credits where it's due!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived