Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm sad about Gaga rejecting her past achievements

Rolodex of Hate

Featured Posts

Rolodex of Hate
2 minutes ago, nenhures said:

You're right that I interpreted it wrong the first time because of the context but in the context of the video I think that yes, it's about catching people's attention and will stick by that. Regarding the superficial comment and the rest of what I said, I also stick by it. No need to get snarky, we're just having a conversation and I made a mistake.

Not getting snarky at all, just wanted to clarify what your view was! :runhug:

We have no legal choice but to stan

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People change and we need to accept that but crazyga will always be a part of gaga never forget that

nenhures
Just now, Rolodex of Hate said:

Not getting snarky at all, just wanted to clarify what your view was! :runhug:

My apologies, then, I interpreted it wrong. But yeah, you're entitled to your feelings and there's nothing wrong with that I just don't think that's what she meant at all and the artistic, performance art lover Gaga is still there. She's just older, wiser and in a different place emotionally and physically.

LGMonster95

She doesn't reject her past lol I'm sure if Gaga had more time to talk about her career and choices that she made and so on then she'll make herself  more understandable to y'all because she really has a lot to say. Even in that interview she said that herself and Gaga are the same person, she will always be a creative mind with her albums, fashions, performances and so on (I mean you can see that even now and in the past years that that side of her is still there) what she really wants to say is that she has a lot more to offer than just that and she realized that after 2013 and also because of her gaining experience and becoming more mature. Fans needs to accept this side of Gaga because its a part of who she is, she's not only "crazy" fashion, shock value art or a tool of entertaiment. I'm a fan since 2010 and I love and accept who she became

I haven't seen the interview yet, but I'll note that she said whatever she said while wearing bright pink hair.

I would have to lie if I said I don't feel the same way oftentimes. but i think it's okay if some fans who feel that way need some time and effort to come to terms with the big changes gaga made to her artistry, and HAD to make to her life. it can feel sad and bitter to a fan. art means so much to people. but the artist also must survive and only she can decide how that is going to work. as long as there's no ill-will and only respect to these sentiments, then i think we should be allowed to feel that way. in the end though, given her past, the most important thing is her well-being. i keep the gaga I've fallen in love with in my memory and in my heart and at the same I want to see her flourish as the person she wants to be in the future

Sarah H

People grow up and change, nothing stays the same forever. That part of her is still there somewhere though, it just isn't as much as before. That's ok. 

How can Gaga pretend to be an outsider anymore when she's pretty much as in the circle as one can get? I'm sorry but all Gaga ever wanted was to be loved and recognized. She started out by being weird and different and that got her love and recognition. When being weird didn't work anymore she just moved on to what would get her more love and recognition. Isn't that what Cheek to Cheek was? Joanne? A Star Is Born?

Rolodex of Hate
11 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I haven't seen the interview yet, but I'll note that she said whatever she said while wearing bright pink hair.

But, as she acknowledges at the start of the interview, 'it's no longer shocking to have pink hair'. And that's true, I mean I know so many people with extremely dyed hair! :oops:

We have no legal choice but to stan

latikofficial

some of you are being incredibly selfish when you talk about how she talks about this. she isn't rejecting her past achievements (she still performs songs from the first six years of her career, the years she deemed most traumatic, at every show), she's just acknowledging that behind the scenes she was struggling. for her, looking back on it all can be incredibly traumatic because she doesn't just see the performance, she remembers where she was at mentally and physically.

it's not rejection of the good parts as much as it's having to acknowledge that there was more to the picture than she let us see, and that those things can taint it for her in a way that others won't ever fully understand. letting her talk about it without judgement can help her to not let the trauma have the same power over her view of her past works.

uwu

I think it's understandable to have a tinge of sadness knowing that the Gaga presented during the first four albums seems to be "gone" in a sense, but she was also dealing with mental struggles that were untreated, so this newer healthier version, is obviously different and sees the world differently. 

And that's okay. 

Suspiria
1 hour ago, Kattys said:

No matter how much you love fashion they are literally just clothes. There are more important things in life than being fashionable 24/7. I think you guys need to grow up to learn that, no offence pls...

Yeah! There are way more important things she should focus on.

Like selling makeup:ally:

Schwerk
2 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Yes I agree that part is a little disappointing but I don't think she's calling the dressing up and the performance art trainwreck. I think she's calling what she was going through a trainwreck. Her mind and thinking during the era.

I mean in FF2 she still recalled the VMA Paparazzi performance fondly. 

I feel by trainwreck she means that everyone was watching her in awe but wasn't really paying attention to what she was trying to say. Apart from the fans who did see the girl behind the wigs and mask.

At some point ( after ARTPOP and entering the Joanne era) she didn't just want the fans to listen, she wanted it to be about her songwriting and wanted everyone to hear what she had to say, with no distractions. Joanne and 5ft2 are a way for a wider audience to see the girl behind the aura. To see her as a human being, a compelling songwriter. 

The trainwreck was her in promo interviews during BTW or ARTPOP trying to desperately explain her vision through confusing metaphors, wearing horns on her body etc. Trying to grab people's attention, wanting them to see it as an extension of her art, the music, but it mostly being perceived as a distraction from it.

With Joanne and 5f2 but even more so with a Star is born, everyone got to see the real woman behind the stage persona for once. Now that they have she can go back to wearing 'crazy' fashion and interesting visual concepts but not worry about being misunderstood like she used to be.

I think she established  that for example interviewers during promo from now on when she walks in in a crazy outfit, won't spend the whole 10 min talking about how she looks, but actually ask her about her work.

I think we can expect a lot of creative freedom from her, I hope so at least.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Kattys
27 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Yeah! There are way more important things she should focus on.

Like selling makeup:ally:

I mean if she decided to quit fame and start in farming business what can we do :selena: if that would help her

Archived