Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Vulture: Beyoncé Most Influential Cultural Figure of the Decade

Bambino

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
3 hours ago, little legend said:

Well I don't know about US but WW Beyonce is a non event this decade 

The IFPI, which is the WORLDWIDE equivalent to  the RIAA, have said Beyoncé's 2013 surprise release is what inspired the worldwide release day to be made into Friday, so you actually couldn't be more wrong since that influenced every single market in the world. Also, I can literally google how common surprise releases (or releases without announcements) have become for major label artists since Beyoncé did it 2013 ALL referring to being influenced  by her strategy IN A SECOND and have you dragged to the moon and back boo. But I won't do that. Instead I'll just wait and see what you respond :trollga:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jaXXXon
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

That’s exactly what I said! Like, she didn’t start any movements or change the music or cultural landscape in any way. She was just THERE.

How about:

Billboard reports that the industry settled on Friday in part because of piracy and Beyoncé. Australia and Germany have both adopted a Friday release date, which the recording industry says has spurred more aggressive digital piracy. Albums are pirated immediately after release, which means sales may suffer in countries with Monday and Tuesday release dates. Beyoncé's massively popular 2013 self-titled surprise album was released on a Friday. 

https://www.theverge.com/2015/2/26/8114615/worldwide-album-release-day-friday

little legend
8 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

The IFPI, which is the WORLDWIDE equivalent to  the RIAA, have said Beyoncé's 2013 surprise release is what inspired the worldwide release day to be made into Friday, so you actually couldn't be more wrong since that influenced every single market in the world. Also, I can literally google how common surprise releases (or releases without announcements) have become for major label artists since Beyoncé did it 2013 ALL referring to being influenced  by her strategy IN A SECOND and have you dragged to the moon and back boo. But I won't do that. Instead I'll just wait and see what you respond :trollga:

And  still a non event WW this decade :vegas:

jaXXXon
2 hours ago, weed said:

What trends did she start in the last decade?

The IFPI has acknowledged Beyoncé's 2013 surprise release as the reason behind changing the global release day to Friday. Doesn't get more impactful than that, at least this decade.

People need to educate themselves before typing because it's just irritating to see such questions when she literally had HUGE IMPACT, especially in the streaming age where artists drop something without announcing it, which ALSO all goes back to Beyoncé. 

jaXXXon
2 minutes ago, little legend said:

And  still a non event WW this decade :vegas:

A contradiction though because one cannot be a non-event when literally changing the EVENTS of how music is released :lmao:

Besides, no one who actually sells stadiums or at least 15k+ tickets per date in Europe and Asia can be called a non-event, for obvious reasons. So either you're just hating to hate or you're joking. 

2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

That’s exactly what I said! Like, she didn’t start any movements or change the music or cultural landscape in any way. She was just THERE.

This. She's an icon, sure, but she hasn't really done anything that people (at least what I've seen) try to emulate. 

Florian
3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It's a low key racist attempt to give Beyonce a more "Black" name that can also be seen as "ghetto" (I dislike using ghetto in this context, but that's the intention). It's like racist white folks making fun of names like Laquisha. People used to do this to Michelle Obama back in the day and other famous Black people—they'd add a "D" in front of the name, a "La", or mess with the spelling and add random "ydn" or "ks."

Edited: TBF, some people who use it might not pick up on the underlying racism—especially if they aren't from the states and don't get the societal context. And Black people do it jokingly on occasion—Key and Peele even have a sketch about "Black" names and pronounciations. But it's not something non Black folks should joke about it or use.

Beyonka comes from this video

It's just a youtube channel pronoucing things in a random way. And the Beyoncé one went viral back in the days.

It has nothing to do with the racism you're implying. That's literally how we're calling Dua Lipa, Dula Peep. It's just humor

mister max

All I'm seeing is that Parasite is included and it deserves it so much :party: its a great movie

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

StrawberryBlond

You can't own the decade when you've only released two albums the entire decade and not even the two bestselling albums of the decade at that. Adele, Taylor and Ed slay her when it comes to album sales. I don't know how she can possibly be held up as the #1 success in the industry when these names are clearly above her. She's also lost a major foothold in international markets this decade since she decided to make her work much more racially charged and not as inclusive. Her last US #1 (and last #1 in most countries) was Single Ladies in 2010. So, yeah, one solitary #1 for the entire decade and yet she's apparently the biggest name. PR works wonders, that's all I can say. Beyonce was at her peak in the 00's. She fell off in 2011, managed to admirably regain her footing by refusing to release singles and albums normally (because she knew she could no longer be a successful singles artist) and is now struggling to get a joint project, live album and soundtrack off the ground. This is not the biggest name of the decade. This is an artist who suffered a setback, had a short-lived comeback and is now on the slide again.

1 hour ago, jaXXXon said:

Besides, no one who actually sells stadiums or at least 15k+ tickets per date in Europe and Asia can be called a non-event, for obvious reasons. So either you're just hating to hate or you're joking. 

Beyonce hasn't toured in Asia since 2010. She lost so many Asian fans after Sasha Fierce, primarily because she chose to change her musical style to something that didn't appeal as much to them and just decided to stop touring there. Her last tour only involved 2 continents as well. She's fast losing international relevancy and it doesn't seem to concern her or her fans at all. In fact, they only crow about how much of an all-consuming influence she is even more. It's clear how much her PR scheme has made people become delusional about her limitations.

PACGAGA
13 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You can't own the decade when you've only released two albums the entire decade and not even the two bestselling albums of the decade at that. Adele, Taylor and Ed slay her when it comes to album sales.

not everything has to be about album sales Miss Toler

StrawberryBlond
10 minutes ago, PACGAGA said:

not everything has to be about album sales Miss Toler

But when the article states that she owned the decade because she had two bestselling albums in that time, then they're making it about album sales and I'm going to take them to task for inaccuracy. Beyonce's achievements have been needlessly inflated for the last few years even when others do better. That needs to be called out.

Archived