Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

France paralysed by biggest strikes in years

Featured Posts

Miaou

This is a mess 

We have no transport since 1 week, the entire country is blocked :rip:

For example, I live in Paris and I need to walk 1 hour to go to work :toofunny: 

This was this morning inside the only underground open at 8 am in Paris :rip:

This is inside one of the biggest train station in Paris "Gare du Nord" at the end of the day at 6 p.m :rip: 

People are trying to get on the only train this is a CHAOS :rip:

And it's been like that since 1 week, the situation isn't going to get better for the next days :rip:

I'm so ashamed of my country :rip: I can't imagine the image we give to foreigners :toofunny:

Edited by Miaou
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 5

Glamourpuss

That looks horrendous, I would get so claustrophobic.

I'm not judging your country. I don't know what the strikes are about but I'm assuming that the government is to blame. I don't blame the citizens for wanting to strike because that usually happens as a last resort.

I'm going to Google and educate myself on this now. 

Stay safe. 

Edited by Glamourpuss
Serial liker
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5

ViviLittleM

Paris isn’t the whole France..........

Edited by ViviLittleM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gagaloo92

It sucks for everyone that uses that to get around, but props to the workers on strike fighting for their livelihoods and rights against a government that seeks to take that and many of their benefits away :applause:

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 5
  • Thanks 9

Stanley Digaga

All this mess just because people think about their own interest first and don't see how it can benefit the whole country :toofunny:

Anyway, i'm not affected by those strikes where i live but it still annoying to see that the country get blocked almost every time the government try to do something... 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 3

Fish

france needs a reform any way to make the system sustainable. 

there is a lot to discuss, but im also suspicious about the real motives of the public sector unions in this case.... after all, union can also be very "corporate", in the sense that they have some sort of establishment with privileges and ways, and they want to protect it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

River

Hmm I need to take a flight to Nice next Monday wtf stop it :emma:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Fish
4 minutes ago, OfficerDolla said:

Why is this happening tho?

cuz France 

Eido
34 minutes ago, Miaou said:

This is a mess 

We have no transport since 1 week, the entire country is blocked :rip:

For example, I live in Paris and I need to walk 1 hour to go to work :toofunny: 

This was this morning inside the only underground open at 8 am in Paris :rip:

This is inside one of the biggest train station in Paris "Gare du Nord" at the end of the day at 6 p.m :rip: 

People are trying to get on the only train this is a CHAOS :rip:

And it's been like that since 1 week, the situation isn't going to get better for the next days :rip:

I'm so ashamed of my country :rip: I can't imagine the image we give to foreigners :toofunny:

Why are you ashamed of the country? I mean... Unless you plan on moving to another country, the retirement law is gonna change a lot for you too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Virgin Ryan

I can't go to work. I live outside Paris. There is no d*ck bicycle, I mean bicycle or scooter. Walking is tiring. Waiting this strike will stop soon. Paris n'est pas paradis. :smh:

Edited by Virgin Ryan

Miaou
10 minutes ago, Eido said:

Why are you ashamed of the country? I mean... Unless you plan on moving to another country, the retirement law is gonna change a lot for you too. 

I’m ashamed about the attitude of french people 

they can’t share a respect between each other I mean look at the videos..

It’s like we’re savage 

• Sad 3

Eido
1 minute ago, Miaou said:

I’m ashamed about the attitude of french people 

they can’t share a respect between each other I mean look at the videos..

It’s like we’re savage 

This would happen in any country. Imagine you live at let's say 1h30 from Paris, you just finished your day, you are exhausted and there is only one train... 

This was expected :oops:

Other than that, I agree in some ways, they could show a little more respect but on the other hand, it's understandable... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spooky Needles

what are you ashamed of??? people protesting the selfish policies of the government?? and police brutality?

I hope the strikes go on for months and months, you have such a slave mentality it hurts. Macron WANTS us to shut up, bow our backs and go to work. We're not going to take his ****, and it's me who's ashamed of people like YOU. My country is great.

• Like 6
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 10