• Created
  • Last Reply
Jewels n Drugs

Ok but after LG6 please :selena:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

SHALLOW
22 minutes ago, nefasto said:

The Hollywood Reporter :giveup:

..The film has been a long-gestating project for Scott, with details of it first emerging more than a decade ago, with Angelina Jolie once in talks to play the role of Patrizia...

..There is no studio distributor attached yet for the film,..

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/lady-gaga-ridley-scott-team-movie-gucci-grandson-murder-1251708

Gaga keeps stealing Angelina's characters :ladyhaha:

YAS!!! :firega::party:That's what i call freaking good news!!! I'm already imagening her. I'm so here for her acting career getting bigger. 

gagzus
3 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

I mean that’s why it works though, it’s why some actors get casted for specific roles. Did you want her to get casted as a black athlete from Phoenix? She’s literally played a vampire and people still said “she’s just playing herself” - it’s such a boring argument at this point. 

No no but maybe move her away from characters that centre around celebrity, glamour, music, divadom and fashion. 

Like cast her as something outside that next is all I’m saying because she’s falling into playing the same stereotypes (similar to like what Jessica Lange has done)

Diamond heart99
17 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I thought it's already greenlit? I remember Deadline reporting very accurately the stages of A Star Is Born's screening and greelighting, so if they say she is confirmed to star, it should mean the studios have already greenlit it.

What's the studio handling this film?

Not true. Actors get on board before it’s greenlight. That’s how it works.

There is no studio attached yet it’s possible that Ridley will do this with private financing and then get a distributor later.

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

SHALLOW
22 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I’m kinda worried she’s gonna continuously play stereotypes that link back to her public persona or personal life I mean... a rich Italian socialite and a fashion personality is basically borderline what people think her personality is.

But nonetheless a Ridley Scott film is great, maybe this means she might end up in an Alien sequel in the future ultimately.

Do they? She's not considered very Italian here in Italy. A role of that kind might help spread out the word that she's actually italian and people will love her even more

gagzus
1 minute ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

Ok but after LG6 please :selena:

This most likely will happen a good year after the era is done with probably a 2021-2022 release. So LG7 probably won’t come till the mid 2020’s 

gagzus
Just now, SHALLOW said:

Do they? She's not considered very Italian here in Italy. A role of that kind might help spread out the word that she's actually italian and people will love her even more

She’s from an Italian immigrant family so I don’t really think they can police her heritage just because she doesn’t live in Italy and fluently speak Italian. I’m sure Italian american traditions are still their own

i wonder if she’ll speak fluent Italian in the film with subtitles or not

10 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

It can be done as an indie if they want. They don’t need a studio to greenlight it. 

Ridley Scott doesn't do Indie movies. He doesn't need to. A major studio will sign on.

Runway
5 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

There is no studio yet. So fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

Why would a Gaga/Scott movie have problems finding a studio :deadbanana:

Ally Campana

Omg yesss!!!! She’s about to serve another iconic era with this. I’m so glad she took this cause I was worried she’ll keep playing remakes since she was offered or rumoured to star in certain remakes. Yassss G0dga!!! :pray:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Franch Toast

And y’all thought her Italian memes were hints at LG6...She totally knows how to curate her social media to build her brand. She is going to kill it in this role! ✨ Ridley Scott is a genius, so there’s no reason to worry about the film not getting made. 

She/Her/Hers

SHALLOW
Just now, gagzus said:

She’s from an Italian immigrant family so I don’t really think they can police her heritage just because she doesn’t live in Italy and fluently speak Italian. I’m sure Italian american traditions are still their own

i wonder if she’ll speak fluent Italian in the film with subtitles or not

Some people do. I also think that when she says she's very italian, sometimes she doesn't really know what she's talking about. Most of Italian culture comes frome living a day to day life in Italy and she never lived here. But i don't judge her, i just think she hasn't the full picture in mind when she talks about being italian

Archived