Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
economy

NetFlix To Borrow $2 Billion More... Total Debt $15.5 Billion

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/netflix-borrowing-us-2-billion-as-war-for-content-heats-up-1.1334725

Netflix is borrowing another $2 Billion amid the war for content

The aditional borrowing will take the companies total debt to $15.5 Billion

Netflix has yet to have a profitable year since bursting into the scene adding red inc to its books year after year

• LMAO 2
  • Shook 22
  • Thanks 1

Red

I have a feeling Netflix won’t survive the 2020s.

if u are reading this 👀👀👀 i hope u become rich 🤑🤑🤑 and successful 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Like 23
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 10
  • Thanks 1

Mistress Dita

Why are they allowed to keep borrowing money without any payments being made. Who is allowing this for a ****ing entertainment company 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 4

RAMROD

They have plenty big budget shows lately is probably why. Some subscribers, if not most are seasonal than regular. Who just gonna renew their subscription when their fave shows returns with new seasons such as Stranger Things  

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ The ♥ Very ♥ Fine ♥ Versatile ♥ Adaptive ♥ And ♥ Most ♥ Revered ♥ Tech ♥ Dandy ♥
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1

AdmistTheLight
2 minutes ago, Red said:

I have a feeling Netflix won’t survive the 2020s.

It will, after being bought by Disney that is.

Liberaté mi amor
  • Like 13
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Red
2 minutes ago, Mistress Dita said:

Why are they allowed to keep borrowing money without any payments being made. Who is allowing this for a ****ing entertainment company 

Banks will give money to everyone that isn’t poor, apparently.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Haus Swiftie

the iconic disney + isn't even out and it still remains unbothered 

Gaga ❤️Taylor ❤️Marina ❤️Carly Rae ❤️Britney ❤️P!nk ❤️Shania ❤️
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Red
2 minutes ago, AdmistTheLight said:

The only reason I see someone trying to buy them is the huge amount of subscribers cause their catalogue isn’t that desirable

• Like 7

Economy
3 minutes ago, Mistress Dita said:

They are making payments tho :awkney: They havent defaulted on any of their bonds

if they missed payments they wouldnt so easily be able to issue new bonds. Investors, banks and pension funds would stop buying them

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sneaky Oliver
4 minutes ago, AdmistTheLight said:

This Disney monopoly has to stop tbh :triggered:

i might sound dumb perhaps i rly am
  • Like 30
  • Sad 2

Economy
9 minutes ago, Red said:

Banks will give money to everyone that isn’t poor, apparently.

Everyone loves to hate on Corporations without understanding anything about it :rip:

Most Multi-Billion Dollar companies financing isnt done by banks (tho a portion can be)

they sell bonds that anyone can purchase: investors, banks, mutual funds, pension funds, even individual average joes

when the bond matures they pay u back principal plus interest (some bonds give u the interest spread out over time during term instead) and they usually have to sell new bonds to cover their old ones plus new borrowing

This is how Countries borrow money as well but they always pay the debt thats due

if they dont and they default, their credit rating gets dropped to junk status and junk bonds not only demand very high interest for investors to be willing to buy bonds with such a high risk of not being payed back, or even with high interest they cant get enough financing

Netflix bonds are not junk status because theyve always payed them on time when they are due 

@Mistress Dita

Because of their high debt load tho they are considered riskier than many other Companies tho so if im not mistaken Netflix bonds pay a higher interest than many Companies. 

Edited by Economy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Big Brother

Imo there should be one payment for most of streaming services and user could choose what he want to watch, for example: I want to watch Scream Queens, because it's on Hulu, but I won't pay for it only to watch one series, cause I watch Netflix daily.

Imo it could be like this: you spent 6 hours on watching Hulu and 14 hours on watching Netflix? Okay, let's assume it and you'd get the cost to pay.

I nominate you for eviction, b**ch
  • Like 5