❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
music news

Melanie will remove K-12 film from Youtube on October 3rd

HoneyB

Featured Posts

I think it’s cool she made it free to watch in the first place I loveeddd the film:diane: I’ve watched it at least 10 times by now I’m purchasing it for sure!:diane:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

alextruper17

I'm ok with it being on Netflix. It should have been on streaming services since the beginning. 

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

I'm totally down with this plan, it makes total sense, she let everyone have a chance to view it for free but art does need to be purchased as well.

The problem I have with this is the digital download I paid for is really bad quality. Like 720p or less. Since purchasing and downloading it I have been choosing to watch it in better quality on YouTube. So unfortunately the super HD version of the film will be lost forever now. 

We really should've had the option to download the film in super HD considering we paid for it. I don't mind if it's 5GB.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

gagaschickens
44 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

She is aware that any video on YouTube can be downloaded, right? :laughga:

i was about to say this

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

StrawberryBlond

Hmm...not the best of ideas. Now her new videos are going to be completely off-limits to anyone who isn't a super fan. Anyone who might have just heard of her work will now not be able to see any of the videos to this new project. Let's face it, no one other than a fan is actually going to pay to watch it. Granted, many will simply download it for free before the cut off and even re-upload it to YouTube in parts and mirror it but that's not really the point. To the outside world, it'll be like she hasn't put out any work since 2015. She's making herself too exclusive to her existing fans. I did wonder how on earth she was going to make money off this considering she only put it out in theatres for one day and then put it up for free on YouTube. But I assumed there was ads in it (I use AdBlock so was none the wiser) but now apparently I'm hearing there's no ads in it anyway? Still an odd concept to give us something and then take it away. It's just under 2 million likes and her most liked video is 3 million. Could you imagine if this became her most liked video of all time and then she had to take it down? And she must totally hold the record for the most viewed video on YouTube of this length. How many 1.5 videos on YouTube get 30 million views in a few weeks? That's gotta hurt to take down when you consider the credentials she made with it.

littlepotter
8 hours ago, Helxig said:

I'm totally down with this plan, it makes total sense, she let everyone have a chance to view it for free but art does need to be purchased as well.

The problem I have with this is the digital download I paid for is really bad quality. Like 720p or less. Since purchasing and downloading it I have been choosing to watch it in better quality on YouTube. So unfortunately the super HD version of the film will be lost forever now. 

We really should've had the option to download the film in super HD considering we paid for it. I don't mind if it's 5GB.

I downloaded it in 1080p 

chaeri pls

codymonster
26 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Hmm...not the best of ideas. Now her new videos are going to be completely off-limits to anyone who isn't a super fan. Anyone who might have just heard of her work will now not be able to see any of the videos to this new project. Let's face it, no one other than a fan is actually going to pay to watch it. Granted, many will simply download it for free before the cut off and even re-upload it to YouTube in parts and mirror it but that's not really the point. To the outside world, it'll be like she hasn't put out any work since 2015. She's making herself too exclusive to her existing fans. I did wonder how on earth she was going to make money off this considering she only put it out in theatres for one day and then put it up for free on YouTube. But I assumed there was ads in it (I use AdBlock so was none the wiser) but now apparently I'm hearing there's no ads in it anyway? Still an odd concept to give us something and then take it away. It's just under 2 million likes and her most liked video is 3 million. Could you imagine if this became her most liked video of all time and then she had to take it down? And she must totally hold the record for the most viewed video on YouTube of this length. How many 1.5 videos on YouTube get 30 million views in a few weeks? That's gotta hurt to take down when you consider the credentials she made with it.

The thing is, she is going to be releasing the music videos of each song throughout the album cycle. So I think this way when she releases each video, people will be drawn to watch it more than if the whole film was still available on the same platform. I think it's a marketing move to allow for the album to have some longevity by the release of the videos separately. The people who would have watched the whole film have, so now it's time to market towards less hardcore fans in a more realistic/traditional way.

StrawberryBlond
18 minutes ago, codymonster said:

The thing is, she is going to be releasing the music videos of each song throughout the album cycle. So I think this way when she releases each video, people will be drawn to watch it more than if the whole film was still available on the same platform. I think it's a marketing move to allow for the album to have some longevity by the release of the videos separately. The people who would have watched the whole film have, so now it's time to market towards less hardcore fans in a more realistic/traditional way.

Has there been an official announcement of this, though? I thought at the beginning this was the way she intended to do it but then found out it was a complete film. I'm all on board for this idea, definitely. Then each song can get its time in the sun, the way it should be done. Then she can also get a better idea which songs are fan favourites, which will help when deciding what song to do promo for and for creating a setlist for future concerts. Putting out a full-length film that you have to skip to get to your favourite parts all the time isn't necessarily the best marketing idea and it'll lower the amount of videos that are available in the public domain and be daunting for new fans when all your new material consists of full length films.

Awakened M
7 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

She is aware that any video on YouTube can be downloaded, right? :laughga:

I forgot about this.:saladga:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Archived