đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga should drop her Little Monsters

Diamond heart99

Featured Posts

moonboywow
21 minutes ago, WheresLG6 said:

Still NO pop era since 2013. SIX freaking years. Enema a disgrace, only US fans can travel and see her + HL not even hyped enough by the fans nor the gp + she wasted the hype post ASIB for tank make up line project. Should I keep going?

Just because you didn't like joanne doesn't mean she hasn't had a pop album since 2013. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfMiklaus
2 minutes ago, ZwRaven said:

It's not all of us so don't generalize. Also people are entitled to their opinions, especially on a fan site. Just because some of us don't like what she's doing doesn't mean we don't like her, or it's a personal attack.

People can absolutely praise and critique her however they want, but I'm talking about the sheer VOLUME of discourse garnered by a global fanbase. It's a lot. It makes sense that she'd distance herself and focus on the work.

But beyond that there is also the worrying trend of fans assuming they alone know what is best for her career and nitpick every choice, that it gets tiring seeing it even when it's not directed at you.

WheresLG6
8 minutes ago, ReRe said:

I’ve been around since 2009, and I can confidently say her love for her fans never wavered. Yeah, she is a lot less active on social media, but her interactions with her fans remain the same. From the Monster Ball to Enigma, her interactions with fans has always been a core part of every show.

Her abstaining from social media does not mean that she’s lost passion for her music or her fanbase, even if it admittedly makes her seem more distant to those of us who can’t go see her in Vegas, so I understand that aspect of your sentiment. :hug:

The truth is... She's LOST it. 

Diamond heart99
36 minutes ago, ZwRaven said:

This. I couldn't like or agree more. The only thing she ever posts anymore is when she is shilling something. What the new fans don't seem to know is it used to not be that way, and some haven't gotten over the fact it simply isn't anymore. She's never been my number 1 anyway, but I really used to find her unique interaction w her fan base really amazing. It's just not that way now. I will listen and enjoy the things she puts out, but I no longer have expectations like I used to. She's not doing the things she used to interaction wise w fans, and if that's what she wants good for her. Wish her the best as a business woman, because that's what she comes off as now and that's fine.

Wrong.

I am not a new fan. Just new to GGD. 

I am also an adult who came up age before social media who doesn’t believe artists own me interactions or glimpses into their private life.

But it’s not even about all of that. It’s the ridiculousness I have to read here over the makeup line.

Lots of you are so damn judgmental, which is the opposite of what LG stands for. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

1 minute ago, WheresLG6 said:

The truth is... She's LOST it. 

Convince yourself, lol.

Every fan who’s been to Vegas can testify that her interactions with fans are as good as ever, and those lucky enough to have been through multiple of her tours over the years would tell you the same.

This is a fact, and your relentless ( but very obvious) need for being pessimistic for the sake of trolling wouldn’t change that. :ohwell:

ZwRaven
4 minutes ago, HausOfMiklaus said:

People can absolutely praise and critique her however they want, but I'm talking about the sheer VOLUME of discourse garnered by a global fanbase. It's a lot. It makes sense that she'd distance herself and focus on the work.

But beyond that there is also the worrying trend of fans assuming they alone know what is best for her career and nitpick every choice, that it gets tiring seeing it even when it's not directed at you.

I see your point, but that's gonna be part of any fan site, especially w an artist who has changed directions so severely. Maybe just take some time off. My biggest grip is I'm tired of being shill stuff, I understand she just doesn't talk to us anymore and I understand why. She has refered to social media as a "trash can" in several interviews, and she's not wrong. However, she's using that trash can to sell me Vegas shows that are unattainable to me and makeup now. I understand promoting stuff, but honestly of that's all she's going to use it for anymore then just have your publicist make your posts and let fans know you will no longer be on social media. Idk.

Diamond heart99
4 minutes ago, ZwRaven said:

I see your point, but that's gonna be part of any fan site, especially w an artist who has changed directions so severely. Maybe just take some time off. My biggest grip is I'm tired of being shill stuff, I understand she just doesn't talk to us anymore and I understand why. She has refered to social media as a "trash can" in several interviews, and she's not wrong. However, she's using that trash can to sell me Vegas shows that are unattainable to me and makeup now. I understand promoting stuff, but honestly of that's all she's going to use it for anymore then just have your publicist make your posts and let fans know you will no longer be on social media. Idk.

She is required under her deal with MGM to promote her Vegas show. She’s also required to promote Haus Labs under the Amazon agreement.

She’s not a shill. It’s the way of the world now. She hates social media and now only uses it when obligated. 

It so annoying that fans know nothing about the entertainment business (which is fine) yet have all these demands and opinions on what LG should be doing.

It is honestly laughable at this point. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

HausOfMiklaus
2 minutes ago, ZwRaven said:

However, she's using that trash can to sell me Vegas shows that are unattainable to me and makeup now. I understand promoting stuff

I fully get you. I guess the bigger question I'll get at is if we're entitled to anything, from regular music output to interactions on social media, from an artist. I'm feeling great at where I'm at with Gaga right now, speculating about the music and concepts she'll do for the Next Album, but I understand that it's not the case for everyone.

ZwRaven
8 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

Wrong.

I am not a new fan. Just new to GGD. 

I am also an adult who came up age before social media so doesn’t believe artists own me interactions or glimpses into their private life.

But it’s not even about all of that. It’s the ridiculousness I have to read here over the makeup line.

Lots of you are so damn judgmental, which is the opposite of what LG stands for. 

I don't feel my post was judgemental at all. It was factual. I also don't expect anything from her I just said it was unique and cool. I was also not saying YOU in general were a new fan. I don't even know you.

Inferno

I think after a certain point she should've been more like Rihanna and stopped pretending to hold her fans on some pedestal and just be chill. She always has to front and talk about the base as if its actually a community of like minded individuals but its not. And thats fine. I personally support her when its something that pertains to me as a consumer (makeup in this case does not) but I get tired of her love/kindness/bravery/etc etc rhetoric just over and over and over. There are times, like at her emotion revolution summit a few years ago where she goes in depth and speaks some real truth about society so I know shes not full of it, but when it comes to stuff like hauslabs and just random interviews she does sometimes where its just this hollow media trained spiel like shes mother theresa, theres nothing there to connect to. Its inoffensively empty. Shes came across as especially disconnected from relatability for the past year or so. Its like a fake tan, tight bun, a smile, and regal media trained responses. Sometimes I wonder if shes just on different meds that zombify her.

38 minutes ago, Inferno said:

I think after a certain point she should've been more like Rihanna and stopped pretending to hold her fans on some pedestal and just be chill. She always has to front and talk about the base as if its actually a community of like minded individuals but its not. And thats fine. I personally support her when its something that pertains to me as a consumer (makeup in this case does not) but I get tired of her love/kindness/bravery/etc etc rhetoric just over and over and over. There are times, like at her emotion revolution summit a few years ago where she goes in depth and speaks some real truth about society so I know shes not full of it, but when it comes to stuff like hauslabs and just random interviews she does sometimes where its just this hollow media trained spiel like shes mother theresa, theres nothing there to connect to. Its inoffensively empty. Shes came across as especially disconnected from relatability for the past year or so. Its like a fake tan, tight bun, a smile, and regal media trained responses. Sometimes I wonder if shes just on different meds that zombify her.

This, slapping the "empowerment" message on the makeup really bothered me. Its just make-up, not some magical substance that will raise your self-steem. Its just a brand and a packaging for something that already saturates the market and that has always been very divisive in terms of what it represents for women and self steem. Either you believe that make-up is a part of women oppression where they shouldnt need make-up to meet society's beauty standards, or you believe that make-up allows people to improve and choose their own beauty.

If she decided to do a clothing line, the reception would be very different and it wouldve given her a billion ways to actually do it to "empower" people, giving a variety of creative outfits that give you the diversity she is known for.

If she wants to sell makeup, its her choice, but dont pretend its made to "empower" people, thats just a mockery of what her message used to mean.

ZwRaven
1 hour ago, Adakam said:

This, slapping the "empowerment" message on the makeup really bothered me. Its just make-up, not some magical substance that will raise your self-steem. Its just a brand and a packaging for something that already saturates the market and that has always been very divisive in terms of what it represents for women and self steem. Either you believe that make-up is a part of women oppression where they shouldnt need make-up to meet society's beauty standards, or you believe that make-up allows people to improve and choose their own beauty.

If she decided to do a clothing line, the reception would be very different and it wouldve given her a billion ways to actually do it to "empower" people, giving a variety of creative outfits that give you the diversity she is known for.

If she wants to sell makeup, its her choice, but dont pretend its made to "empower" people, thats just a mockery of what her message used to mean.

Yea, it's starting to get played out to the point of insulting. I know she probably doesn't intend that, but that's the flow I get from it as well. Maybe it's time for her to be a little more like Bowie and just let her art do the talking.

ZwRaven
3 hours ago, Ktaylor99 said:

She is required under her deal with MGM to promote her Vegas show. She’s also required to promote Haus Labs under the Amazon agreement.

She’s not a shill. It’s the way of the world now. She hates social media and now only uses it when obligated. 

It so annoying that fans know nothing about the entertainment business (which is fine) yet have all these demands and opinions on what LG should be doing.

It is honestly laughable at this point. 

It's the venture's themselves I find laughable. Of course she's obligated to promote them, please don't insult our intelligence (unless that was your intention). To hole up in Vegas for 2 or 3 years (not friendly to international fans or people who aren't rich), and to release a make up line (there are already a billion) instead of new music and a limited date tour. Not exactly fan friendly. Good business moves, but from a woman who has stated she "hates money", kinda hypocritical. I wish her the best. Some of us are just trying to illustrate she's maybe representing something she is no longer. That is an artist who had a special thing w her fans. It's her life and career and she can do what she wants. We however are allowed to have opinions.

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived